AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll [2009 added ep. 11] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85378)

Toonleap 2009-08-20 13:50

My post for the usual episode...

The song that Haruhi is humming is the famous "Can Can" song if everyone wonders.... :)

That really made me laugh...and also Mikuru and Yuki using their costumes sure brought me memories from episode 00

Triple_R 2009-08-20 13:58

Toonleap - Thanks for that. I don't watch the Raws; I don't know Japanese, and it would spoil the sub-watching experience for me, imo; but it's good to see a nice selection of stills in order to comment on the artwork anyway.

The artwork looks a little bit better this week, judging by those stills, but I'll have to watch the full episode before I can say more than that.

Toonleap 2009-08-20 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 2593620)
Toonleap - Thanks for that. I don't watch the Raws; I don't know Japanese, and it would spoil the sub-watching experience for me, imo; but it's good to see a nice selection of stills in order to comment on the artwork anyway.

The artwork looks a little bit better this week, judging by those stills, but I'll have to watch the full episode before I can say more than that.

Thanks for your comments...It will be very interesting to read your opinions once you watch the sub....:D

typhonsentra 2009-08-20 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Marangio (Post 2593584)

Thank you!!

haruhi.ism 2009-08-20 16:18

i liked the episode.
haurhi is still looking a little K-ON, which bothers me, but eh.
i'm just waiting for mikuru beaaaaaam!

Roger Rambo 2009-08-20 16:21

I hrd you people like Deagles.

Ithekro 2009-08-20 18:05

Toy's barrels are too long. Hurts my wrist thinking about that thing again. It's just too big (not the bullet, the freaking handgrip and slide release is too far away) What moose Israeli is going to be able to use that thing day in and out? It is fun though. Massive amount of flame...but the trigger is touchy due to that massive slide action (normal recoil, then that thing slams back into place pulls your hand downwards making it possible to fire a second shot...not a good thing.)

Heminga13 2009-08-20 22:00

Yay! Can't wait for subbed movie-making. Or...commercial making, whichever one was shown more so far.

*secret 'subs are out' post*

Rice_slayer 2009-08-20 22:13

Downloading some subs :). I cant believe how quiet everyone is about the new episodes. Everyone complains NON STOP when Endless eight was on but now we actually HAVE something, no one talks about it. No wonder Kadokawa pulled that troll, it made the fanbase active :P.

Ithekro 2009-08-20 22:17

I thought it was funny to see Haruhi directing a scene we've seen from Kyon's (the camera) point of view...some three year, four months, and 17 days ago. Also the large group of men watching as they make those advertizements makes it even funnier than it was before.

Roger Rambo 2009-08-20 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 2594411)
Downloading some subs :). I cant believe how quiet everyone is about the new episodes. Everyone complains NON STOP when Endless eight was on but now we actually HAVE something, no one talks about it. No wonder Kadokawa pulled that troll, it made the fanbase active :P.

No. Endless 8 killed the extravagant enthusiasm for the season when it started airing. After the gimmick of "will E8 end this week?" ceased being relevant, people started tuning out.

Takamura Mamoru 2009-08-20 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Rambo (Post 2594426)
Endless 8 killed the extravagant enthusiasm for the season when it started airing.

I must sadly agree with this. Since I stopped watching the EE disaster, I only watched the episode where it ended. I haven't even bothered to watch Episode 10 yet. =/

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-08-20 22:34

Given the fact that most of the fanbase seems to be pretty "meh" about Sigh, I think this would've happened even without E8x8.

Takamura Mamoru 2009-08-20 22:36

That's possible, although I'll probably tune in for the interesting scenes.. If you know what I mean.

aulzon 2009-08-20 23:04

I feel really bad for Kyon and Asahina in this episode. Hanging around Haruhi has to be pretty draining on them.

Overall, pretty great episode, the ending was a bit abrupt.

Game8910 2009-08-20 23:06

loved this episode, it was hilarious and the animation was up from last week

Launch 2009-08-20 23:07

I quite liked this episode, the character designs and the moving-people-in-backgrounds were all great in this one. (I think there was one face-shot of Mikuru that seemed a bit odd. I'll have to confirm when I watch it again later xD).

I'm under the impression that KyoAni is animating this to give the feeling of a single long episode, just chopped up into bits. It really makes it feel movie-like, I can't wait to marathon all the episodes. xD

Seeing all the characters' reactions to Haruhi's casting was great (I don't think we've ever seen Koizumi shocked before). The guy snapping a picture of Mikuru on his phone/Kyon's reaction was funny. Oh and the scene were Yuki walks in randomly with her witch costume on. Good moments. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOS Dan SlaveMonkey (Post 2593317)
Was that a Haruhi-chan reference just now?

I'm not sure... The mother/boys lines were basically exactly the same, but it'd be weird for a series to reference a spin-off of itself xD.

Haruhi-chan might have been a reference to Sighs, even though it hadn't aired yet...
but they might have already had it finished...
and decided to reference something that hadn't even been released yet...
Then everyone watches this episode and has even more deja-vu than was present in E8...
I'm going to stop thinking about this. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice_slayer (Post 2594411)

Yeah I know, usually I would sign on about this time to comment on an E8 episode and there would be about 20 pages or so. Now there's 3. xD

Ithekro 2009-08-20 23:09

Haven't seen the sub yet, but did Haruhi allow Mikuru to remove the contact for the shooting scene? She's back to normal eyes again. Or are Haruhi's powers already starting to work?

Heminga13 2009-08-20 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2594506)
Haven't seen the sub yet, but did Haruhi allow Mikuru to remove the contact for the shooting scene? She's back to normal eyes again. Or are Haruhi's powers already starting to work?

I didn't notice that...I'm guessing it's Haruhi's power's starting to work. Or sloppy animation. I'll give KyoAni the benefit of the doubt.

Launch 2009-08-20 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2594506)

I'm pretty sure she took it out. In the original Ep 00 she doesn't have the contact in while shooting at Yuki. Then it cuts to a close up of Mikuru with it in. (The transition is funny as well, she makes the Mikuru-Beam pose twice. One without contact, then one with. xD Didn't notice Kyon's terrible editing there before.. xD)