AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Nisemonogatari - Episode 03 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109802)

Triple_R 2012-01-25 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 3967078)
fan-service in general or ecchi in particular :confused: because in the former case, ep.3 had as much as each of the other two episodes, but in the later only Nadeko's headpiece adventure ;)

Well, when I talk about fanservice I typically mean just the sexual type. It takes awhile for things like insider jokes and otaku references to become heavy enough to really stand out to me. A few here and there just strike me as the anime equivalent of "Easter Eggs" in Superhero movies. They're neat references for people who get them, and they're no problem unless they actually start to bewilder general audiences.

So yeah, I'm basically talking about ecchi material.

Marcus H. 2012-01-25 04:06

^ This is the sequel we're talking about here. This is a light novel adaptation we're taking about here. This is NISIOISIN — who is famous for his metahumor — we're talking about here.

Take the metahumor and "arousing scenery" and we're taking away what made the Bakemonogatari series famous.

If you have watched and enjoyed Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari would be a similar feel more or less.
Taking out the ecchi would just make Nise incomplete.

zeando 2012-01-25 06:04

the middle way should exists, not only too much or none
different matter is if episode 2 is considered by someone "normal", but for someone else isn't
and for those whom it wasn't, the matter wasn't even too much fanservice,, but the little development in the story

anyway, enouth of this, finally the story is back so there is something to discuss other than fanservice

teja208 2012-01-25 06:43

Guess I'm probably the only person who lol when GAR Koyomi breaks out from his confinement handcuffs cause I remembered the very same guy screams "KYA KYA KYA" like a helpless little sissy while being raped by his kohai last week.

Fenrir_valindri 2012-01-25 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 3967405)
Guess I'm probably the only person who lol when GAR Koyomi breaks out from his confinement handcuffs cause I remembered the very same guy screams "KYA KYA KYA" like a helpless little sissy while being raped by his kohai last week.

Keep in mind her left arm still retains its super strength (the same one she previously used to rip out his internal organs :uhoh: )

Then again, maybe he was unconsciously enjoying it, she was using her right arm to pin him. :heh:

Xellos-_^ 2012-01-25 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 3967405)

it is not rape if you enjoy it and we all know Koyomi is a M. And like Fenir said, she still got the monkey arm.

teja208 2012-01-25 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by papermario13689 (Post 3963506)
Whoa man, that was poetic.

Thanks for reminding me about Shinobu dwelling in Koyomi's shadow. Hope she comes out sometime in future episodes. Shadow sounds poetic indeed. Shadow is like another half of you; a reflection of everything you ever did including the good, the bad, and the ugly from taking a leak to jacking off, so yeah, Shinobu is part of that now?:heh:

Caithsith 2012-01-25 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri (Post 3967684)
Keep in mind her left arm still retains its super strength (the same one she previously used to rip out his internal organs :uhoh: )

Then again, maybe he was unconsciously enjoying it, she was using her right arm to pin him. :heh:

maybe he suppressed his power for fear of hurting Kanbaru? i mean he can break free from those handcuffs effortlessly.
and IIRC in his encounter againts rainy devil he deliberately made himself weaker by having Shinobu sucked his blood because he didn't want Kanbaru to be injured.

Shikijin 2012-01-25 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caithsith (Post 3968007)
IIRC in his encounter againts rainy devil he deliberately made himself weaker by having Shinobu sucked his blood because he didn't want Kanbaru to be injured.

It's the opposite. When Shinobu sucks his blood Araragi becomes more of a vampire, so he gets stronger.

Anh_Minh 2012-01-25 14:39

ISTR it made him stronger.

Drinking Shinobu's blood makes him human-like. Having his blood drunk makes him vampire-like.

Caithsith 2012-01-25 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 3968019)
ISTR it made him stronger.

Drinking Shinobu's blood makes him human-like. Having his blood drunk makes him vampire-like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikijin (Post 3968013)
It's the opposite. When Shinobu sucks his blood Araragi becomes more of a vampire, so he gets stronger.

oops, thanks for the correction. :)
still think Araragi consciously supressed his power though.

Clarste 2012-01-25 17:23

Well, he explicitly tells us that he avoids fighting with his sisters out of fear of killing them, so why wouldn't he apply to other people as well? Even if Kanbaru has a strong arm the rest of her is still human.

klare 2012-01-26 09:46

this eps reminds me why i like Bake, the OP is also better for actually showing Hitagi instead of her shadow

at the end there, Hitagi looks like talking to her boss on the phone, which was Hanekawa but i can imagine she was actually talking politely to Hitagi... still she is amazing to be able to make Hitagi react like that

the Kaiki guy does look creepy

kitten320 2012-01-26 12:45

Kaiki's voice is exactly like Hijikata's from Hakuouki! It will take some time to get used to it without imagining the samurai dude.

rocket 2012-01-27 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 3966202)
I can't remember. What was it? lol

After Araragi uses the courage trick on her Hachikuji goes down on her hands and knees, when she pulls herself back up, she does a stagger with limp arms dangling and head back before finally snapping her head to face him. It's from one of the Eva fights. :-D

Malkuth 2012-01-27 10:12

@Klare: Kaiki, looks creepy :confused: Meme was keeping around a scantily dressed elementary school (-looking) girl in an abandoned building, that even Hitagi was afraid of getting rapped there... and Kaiki looks creepy :heh: He looks like any upstanding member of our modern society ;)

Miyuki-ism 2012-01-27 18:56

Kaiki turns me on, I like him. Also his BG music was awesome. Great episode.

Azuma Denton 2012-01-31 01:23

After all this years, the Fascination still remains...
Senjougahara~sama is still the same if not more awesome... :D