AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Character Discussion Thread of SOS団 Member: Yuki Nagato (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85590)

Triple_R 2009-10-19 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegisofrime (Post 2715484)
While we are on Yuki/Rei comparisons, I hope you guys won't mind helping me to settle this argument I had with my friend.

Motoko Kusanagi vs Yuki Nagato. Who will win in a no-holds barred fight? I argue that Yuki operates on a totally different level from Motoko; She can manipulate space-time itself, hell if she wanted to she can turn Motoko into a block of wood. For some reason my friend refuses to accept this.

Mods, if this post is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete it.

I'd go with Nagato too... but saying she turn organic matter into a block of wood might be stretching it a bit. It's important to remember that what Nagato did in Novel 4 came from stealing Haruhi's powers... Nagato didn't do it from her own inherent power.

Still, Nagato should defeat Motoko due to a massive speed and damage soak advantage.

aegisofrime 2009-10-19 08:25

Thanks for the reply :D As far as I can understand it, Nagato can manipulate pure matter but cannot create it out of nothing. A good example will be in The Disappearance where

Spoiler for The Disappearance:

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-10-19 08:28

Um... wood is organic matter, you know... also, how much of Kusanagi actually is organic? Isn't she a cyborg? :heh:

ac195 2009-10-19 08:31

Kusanagi would probably win in an official bout...

Nagato would just sit there and read a book throughout the match.

Triple_R 2009-10-19 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2715499)
Um... wood is organic matter, you know... also, how much of Kusanagi actually is organic? Isn't she a cyborg? :heh:

Frankly... I'd rather Nagato win by literally kicking ass. I like the idea of her KOing Motoko with spiraling jump kicks and slicing her opponent with Asakura-esque arms.

Maybe Nagato can turn Motoko into wood, but that's a less entertaining way of winning for me. ;)

aegisofrime 2009-10-19 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 2715510)
Frankly... I'd rather Nagato win by literally kicking ass. I like the idea of her KOing Motoko with spiraling jump kicks and slicing her opponent with Asakura-esque arms.

Maybe Nagato can turn Motoko into wood, but that's a less entertaining way of winning for me. ;)

It would be really awesome in Haruhi-Chan season 2 though, if there ever was one XD

CrowKenobi 2009-10-19 08:46

To me, it would be in character for Yuki to be reading a book with one hand, and blocking all of Motoko's attacks with the other...

Things will get serious when Yuki is done reading... :p :heh:

GMT 2009-10-19 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegisofrime (Post 2715484)
While we are on Yuki/Rei comparisons, I hope you guys won't mind helping me to settle this argument I had with my friend.

Motoko Kusanagi vs Yuki Nagato. Who will win in a no-holds barred fight? I argue that Yuki operates on a totally different level from Motoko; She can manipulate space-time itself, hell if she wanted to she can turn Motoko into a block of wood. For some reason my friend refuses to accept this.

Mods, if this post is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete it.

You're talking about pitting a military cyborg and top-grade hacker from a dystopic world teetering on the edge of either technological Singularity or self-destruction via grey goo or Skynet versus an android teetering on the edge of emotion-induced insanity that can alter the very fabric of space-time itself, and was created by a fourteen billion year old entity that has existed since the beginning of time.

I like GiTS, but Deus Ex Motoko would be rather severely outclassed here. And Haruhi help her if she did anything that Yuki might see as even remotely threatening to Kyon . . .

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-10-19 09:16

Honestly... while it might seem a bit biased coming from me, I truly believe the only beings capable of standing a chance against one of the Interfaces are either other Interfaces or gods.

Or Goku, because even death can't seem to stop him. :heh:

ac195 2009-10-19 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2715570)
Honestly... while it might seem a bit biased coming from me, I truly believe the only beings capable of standing a chance against one of the Interfaces are either other Interfaces or gods.

Or Goku, because even death can't seem to stop him. :heh:

HAHAHA

You gotta keep in mind that Goku is stronger than the gods... so he should meet the qualifications you stated earlier.

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-10-19 09:27

Fair enough. :heh:

ac195 2009-10-19 09:29

Oh, he'd also win if it was an eating competition.

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-10-19 09:42

That... is debatable. Judging from her eating capability in Lone Island Syndrome and her competitive nature shown in Endless Eight, Sigh and Day of Sagittarius, she might give him a run for his money.

Sho-tan 2009-10-19 16:47

Spoiler for Yuki's eating capabilities:

From the PS2 game.

Apache Thunder 2009-10-19 18:48

I wonder if Yuki eats simply to "store data" so that she could use it at a future time? I doubt she actually needs food to live. But perhaps she eats so that she could absorb excess data to be used in a certain situation?

For all we know everything she eats gets converted into future furniture for her apartment. :p

But it's also possible she does it merely for recreational purposes. :p

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-10-19 18:59

Probably that last one. Y'know, like Buffyverse vampires.

Ithekro 2009-10-19 22:43

One needs a lot of stored (data)/energy if you want to recreate places in your appartment to entertain the tiny Ryoko and her living ballon friend.....

kniteowl 2009-10-20 06:46

LOL

Page 11 of this thread is the most LOL I've ever reed since the debate about whether or not Nagato could procreate (have children) somewhere in the sub-forum.

I always got the feeling that if Nagato thought you a were a threat, she'd erase you from existence, or turn you in a chibi version of yourself as a toy to play with in her apartment where she's generally lonely and bored.

TakariCritic 2009-10-25 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apache Thunder (Post 2716500)
But it's also possible she does it merely for recreational purposes. :p

Given her eating habits in Haruhi Theater and in Lone Island, I think it's safe to say the faster Yuki eats, the more she likes the meal. Yuki is a naturally fast eater, but with certain dishes you can tell she enjoys it more from the speed and quantity she consumes.

Also, a couple of the games have fun with this.

The only time Yuki eats slow is in
Spoiler for NOVELS:

Jonbob0008 2009-10-26 03:55

It should be noted that Yuki does have blood (as was made painfully evident during her battle with Asakura), so there's a chance that her life functions are a least somewhat similar to that of ordinary people. Perhaps she does need to eat once in a while. However, I'd be more surprised if she slept. I don't think it's ever mentioned that she really does.