AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai Episode 13 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55478)

Skyfall 2007-10-01 08:00

Higurashi Kai Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ice Climbers 2007-10-01 10:41

This episode should be interesting, judging from the preview. The Grand Finale!!!! (for this arc :heh:)

Miko Miko 2007-10-01 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Climbers;
This episode should be interesting, judging from the preview.

I Agree, Can't wait to watch it! :D:D

Incoan 2007-10-01 13:59

Spoiler for how i felt during the episode:

kingsky123 2007-10-01 14:17

im slightly confused after the delay thing. so when can we expect episode 14?

MarthX 2007-10-01 14:26

Seems only Saitama is suspending it. The other 2 still have it on schedule and didn't show a suspend message. Why they would suspend it now is beyond me.

Anyway.. great episode but having that message during Takano's laugh was just evil.

Klashikari 2007-10-01 14:57

Considering SUN TV and CHIBA TV airs only 40 minutes late, it is alright, though the lakc of explanation is really silly. (and frankly, considering Matsuribayashi-hen, errr)

I have some mixed feelings for the changes in this episode, but it is quite solid and its in own way (it is in fact complementary to the overwhelming aspect of the original "end"), it is somewhat even more cruel. (they didn't forgot the quiz)
The true complainys i would have are a scene where the art was horrible for a lot of seconds. (the rest of the episode is TOP NOCHT), and Takano was cut short a bit.

Seiyuu are really going crazy huh.

preparing a summary and/or screencaps pack

Neko Haruko 2007-10-01 15:02

But it isn't evil as Takano. This episode was great.. delivery wise anyway. I don't know if it was rushed since I didn't play the game but I hought it was an ok pace... Watching everyone go down was so sad,. I cried so hard when Kei1 died and to the end...

Though I am little confused about the very end...
Spoiler for Possible spoilers for the next ARC:

Anacone 2007-10-01 15:26

I can't help but feel that they had censored it, it can't be helped and showing is still better, that just takes some of shows charisma away... You know when you see it... Everything else was splendid...

shigure asa 2007-10-01 15:41

Spoiler for this time:

Rias 2007-10-01 15:44

I'm sure there'll be summaries and such posted soon, so let me just elaborate on the changes of the epsiode compared to the animation.

The changes...I wonder about that if it's for better or for worse. One thing for sure, it will affect the ending in Matsuribayashi-hen. Also, keeping in Broccoli is good, but I doubt people who only watched the anime would get that

Spoiler for changes between original game & ep13:

One of the biggest shock of course came from the end, when they announced that Saitama TV would also join in and cancel Higurashi Kai. I hope this doesn't affect other stations...

Next episode...More 34-tan :heh:

BakaOnna 2007-10-01 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1176501)
One of the biggest shock of course came from the end, when they announced that Saitama TV would also join in and cancel Higurashi Kai. I hope this doesn't affect other stations...

Next episode...More 34-tan :heh:

Well, even if the other three stations decide to cancel it, there's still always AT-X, even though the raw days will be even further pushed back. :(

SeventhHS 2007-10-01 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigure asa (Post 1176497)
Spoiler for this time:

I agree completely!
Now I need not post any comments of my own. :p

EDIT: Or so I thought. Rias just confirmed for me that
Spoiler:

shigure asa 2007-10-01 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventhHS (Post 1176513)
EDIT: Or so I thought. Rias just confirmed for me that
Spoiler:

and that's also true!!
all this talk makes me regret rating this like i did!!

Spoiler for spoiler spoiler:

Klashikari 2007-10-01 16:12

No, in fact, what Takano was doing was another way to "leisurly" executing her plan.
"Go anywhere you wishes, your fate is sealed".

It is a pity it was done with less stress on "one by one", but in another way, it would look a bit plain if they were standing dumbly before it is their turn.

in a way, it is a good change.

the problem is the changes in the dialogues, and especially the start of it (keiichi...)

Trogdor Jube 2007-10-01 16:15

Wait so does Kai come on a different day now?

MarthX 2007-10-01 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1176552)
No, in fact, what Takano was doing was another way to "leisurly" executing her plan.
"Go anywhere you wishes, your fate is sealed".

It is a pity it was done with less stress on "one by one", but in another way, it would look a bit plain if they were standing dumbly before it is their turn.

in a way, it is a good change.

the problem is the changes in the dialogues, and especially the start of it (keiichi...)

Takano would be the type to do that. It gives them false hope and shows them how pointless it is. No matter what they do, it's over for them. And I'm glad to see Time Stop removed. Time Stop is a copout; Pure and simple plot hax. This change makes me hopeful that Matsuribayashi will have a less cheesy ending.

Klashikari 2007-10-01 16:23

yes, It is normal for Takano. (What I meant is that both case are valid for her))
What is abnormal is everyone staying dumbly in front of her, without doing anything. either fighting or running away. that's what i though about the good change.

after some consideration with the Raw, there are some parts of the episode were the arms looks REALLY ugly. see Satoko's around 10:28

shigure asa 2007-10-01 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarthX (Post 1176568)
Takano would be the type to do that. It gives them false hope and shows them how pointless it is. No matter what they do, it's over for them. And I'm glad to see Time Stop removed. Time Stop is a copout; Pure and simple plot hax. This change makes me hopeful that Matsuribayashi will have a less cheesy ending.

if it's the 'true end' instead of the 'good end'?
that's ok!
leaving the ending up to someone who isn't ryuu-chan?
it's a 'bad end' no matter how you look at it!

you've seen the difference of game's versus animation's music right?
can you really trust the tv series with higurashi's ending? -3-

Rias 2007-10-01 16:35

The weird thing is how Takano still tied up the last 3, transported the corpses and put them all together, then proceed with shooting the last 2. Is there a point to tie them up or transport all the corpses to put them next to the living ones? Porbably not (trasporting the corpses makes sense, since they have to hide those bodies, but putting them back out to display is just over the top). Just like the origional game, once Keiichi/Rena/Mion was gone, the rest pretty much gave up fighting.