AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   High School DxD Light Novel - Original Archived Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103793)

n0m@n 2011-04-30 21:18

High School DxD Light Novel - Original Archived Discussion

ハイスクールD×D (High School DxD) is a light novel being published in Dragon Magazine, and currently has up to volume 9. It is written by 石踏 一榮(Ichiei Ishibumi), and illustrated by みやま零(Miyama Zero).

Official site: http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/201104highschool/

There is also the manga version of this series in Monthly Dragon Age where the first volume would be released in June. The anime of this series is confirmed where the date is not confirmed.

You could get the basic summary of the series in the website below: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...e-in-the-works

The Genre is School/Fantasy/Harem/Comedy. The light novel is recommanded because of its interesting plot and the smoothness of the story. It seems like you would know whats going to happen in the next volume, but you would be proved wrong. The illustration is also well drawn.

I might make the summary of the light novel in the near future before the anime would be released so everyone would get the basic idea of the story.

EDIT:
Wikipedia
(EN) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_School_DxD
(JP) http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...8 3%ABD%C3%97D

High School DxD Wiki
http://highschooldxd.wikia.com/wiki/...chool_DxD_Wiki

Chinese publisher: Kadokawa Taiwan.
http://www.kadokawa.com.tw/details.asp?id=7918

If there are things you like to talk about DxD but isnt related to DxD, please do it at the social group below.
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=765
There also summary in the social group is well.
Translation could be found at bakatsuki.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...igh_School_DxD

Tom Bombadil 2011-04-30 22:47

There is going to be an anime of this? Interesting. I read the first few chapters of Vol 1, but the Chinese translation is taking its time, so I have been looking forward to finish the book. The main character is pretty meh, but the girls are sweet.

n0m@n 2011-04-30 23:28

Yeah, the main character was initially an perverted ordinary boy who turns in a devil after getting killed by his girlfriend. Then he gets resurrected by the heroine, Riasu. Since its also a battle story, he starts to grow physically and mentally strong unlike other novel/manga where the main characters stay is a wimp. Like other battle manga, the main character Isei trains to become strong to protect his friends, but his main motive to become strong is to create his own harem. So its pretty fun to read because he defeats people stronger than him like norse god and high ranked devils, just by getting excited by groping heroine's breast, and tearing girls clothes.

kuroishinigami 2011-05-01 10:33

What kind of harem story is this? The one where the main protagonist already fallen for one of the harem but just can't find the courage to confess and send mixed signal to everyone else or the dense harem lead type? Or even better, the harem lead who aim for harem ending even after he find out all of his harem like him?

tsunade666 2011-05-01 11:51

probably the dense type that aim for harem ending.

I wish for more details because it looks promising.

n0m@n 2011-05-01 17:21

Yes its the harem story that everyone would find interesting. And the main character basically likes all of them and actually tells everyone that he wants have "sex" with all of them. I will try to do the prologue of volume 1 this week. And his dream is to build his own harem so he could sleep with all of them.

n0m@n 2011-05-02 19:47

I just did a translation of prologue of the first volume. It's my first time translating so please alert me if there is any grammar error.

Volume 1. Life 0.
Spoiler for Volume 1 prologue:

Riki 2011-05-03 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3597106)
I just did a translation of prologue of the first volume. It's my first time translating so please alert me if there is any grammar error.

Volume 1. Life 0.

that is one god like cliff hanger XD but well done!!!:)

tsunade666 2011-05-03 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3597106)

Volume 1. Life 0.

Thanks for the translation but I haven't read it yet. I will save it for later :D

n0m@n 2011-05-05 01:36

Quote:

that is one god like cliff hanger XD but well done!!!
Thanks mate. I'll do summary of chapter 1 next week or so.

Riki 2011-05-06 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3599920)
thanks mate. I'll do summary of chapter 1 next week or so.

good luck!~

n0m@n 2011-09-17 01:57

I have been busy with my studies and stuff so I didnt have time to translate this novel. So i just did it quickly since the anime is comming out this winter. Here's the a part of the first chapter of volume 1.

Spoiler for Life 1 (Part 1):

Raxnom 2011-09-17 10:08

Wow, this is good. I really like it and I hope you would continue to translate it! :)

Crimson Bloodriver 2011-09-19 18:31

High School DxD translation

Can any of you point me to an english translation of High School DxD. I read the two chapters on this sight and I have been trying to find the rest of volume one translation. Do any of you know where I can find it?
-Thanks

kenjiharima 2011-09-19 21:29

I thought it was based on HOTD, though it seems it has a nice plot. Will read the 1st few chapters, let's see if I get hooked.

n0m@n 2011-09-22 00:34

Life 1 Part 2

Here is 2nd part of life 1. I just finsihed reading volume 10 which came out on the 17th. And I have to say that it was the best volume so far. 80% Action, and 20% Romance. People who hate protagonists who are naive to other girls feeling would feel proud of him because........
Nah, I wont spoil it yet.

Spoiler for Life 1 Part 2:

n0m@n 2011-10-25 04:31

Life 1 Part 3
Im currently studying for my exams but since i had time, heres the 3rd part.

Spoiler for Life 1 Part 3:

tsunade666 2011-10-25 09:09

thanks for the translation and if what you said is true about the protagonist who is not dense about the girls feelings. Then let's wait and see :D

larethian 2011-10-25 10:26

@n0m@n
why don't you post it on baka-tsuki?

Endscape 2011-10-25 13:06

Pretty interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes on this.

Crimson Bloodriver 2011-10-25 17:57

Thanks

Cool thanks for part 3.

n0m@n 2011-10-27 02:44

@tsundere666
Well he is really perverted but he is quite oblivious to the feelings of the girls around him. Though in the recent novel he finds out about their feelings and confesses to one of the girl, which I wouldnt spoil. So it wont be like IS where the MC never finds out.

@larethian
Yes I will check them out soon. Thanks for the advice

@Endscape
Please do. I think the anime will cover upto volume 2 or 3. I will try to finish them before the anime comes out.

Riki 2011-10-28 23:22

OMG an update! is this a early cristmas present ? ><

n0m@n 2011-10-31 04:35

Here's part 4. With this, the first chapter is done. I will be starting the 2nd chapter next.
Anyway heres part 4.

Spoiler for Life 1 Part 4:

tsunade666 2011-10-31 16:40

thanks for the new chapter.

Riki 2011-11-01 10:48

Heres a Question what is issei power?

n0m@n 2011-11-02 01:39

It would be easier to explain couple of terminology first.

Sacred Gear: A power or weapon God bestowned to Humans. Only Humans or people with Human heritage can have it. People who were called Heroes or with high strength are usually Sacred Gear Possers. There are many Sacred Gears and they all have different ability.

Longinus: The Sacred Gears that can kill even God is called Longinus. There are said to be 13 Longinus in total. Longinus also have two ability while ordinary Sacred Gear only has one ability.

Balance Breaker: If the person holding the Sacred Gear masters their Sacred Gear, they can reach the Balance Breaker. Balance Breaker are improved version of their usual Sacred Gear. It is similar to Bankai from Bleach.

So Isei's Sacred Gear is the "Boosted Gear" and is one of the Longinus. It has a form of a Gauntlet which covers Isei's left arm. It has a dragon resided in it called Draig. It has the ability to double the users power every 10 seconds. The second ability is to give or send the power they charged to people or objects.
The Balance Breaker has a form of a Armour which covers Isei's body. Since the Sacred Gear has a Dragon in it, the Armour looks like a Red Dragon. It could reach its maximum power instantly. Since the usual ability was to double its power every 10 second, during the Balance Breaker form it could even reach up to more than 1000 times its power instantly.

Riki 2011-11-02 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3837378)
It would be easier to explain couple of terminology first.

Sacred Gear: A power or weapon God bestowned to Humans. Only Humans or people with Human heritage can have it. People who were called Heroes or with high strength are usually Sacred Gear Possers. There are many Sacred Gears and they all have different ability.

Longinus: The Sacred Gears that can kill even God is called Longinus. There are said to be 13 Longinus in total. Longinus also have two ability while ordinary Sacred Gear only has one ability.

Balance Breaker: If the person holding the Sacred Gear masters their Sacred Gear, they can reach the Balance Breaker. Balance Breaker are improved version of their usual Sacred Gear. It is similar to Bankai from Bleach.

So Isei's Sacred Gear is the "Boosted Gear" and is one of the Longinus. It has a form of a Gauntlet which covers Isei's left arm. It has a dragon resided in it called Draig. It has the ability to double the users power every 10 seconds. The second ability is to give or send the power they charged to people or objects.
The Balance Breaker has a form of a Armour which covers Isei's body. Since the Sacred Gear has a Dragon in it, the Armour looks like a Red Dragon. It could reach its maximum power instantly. Since the usual ability was to double its power every 10 second, during the Balance Breaker form it could even reach up to more than 1000 times its power instantly.

How bout the others?
Kiba=swordsman obviously
koneko?=
rias=magician i guess~
himejima=?

n0m@n 2011-11-02 06:38

Koneko, Rias, and Himejima does not have a Sacred Gear. Like I stated before only Human's can have a Sacred Gear. Koneko was a Nekomata, which is a Japanese Youkai before she was turned into a devil. She can use a thing called "Sennjutsu", which she shows from volume 5. Therefore she wont be using at in the anime. Rias is a pureblood devil, and has a special power called "Power of destruction", which is very powerful and so far only she and her brother has. Himejima was a half-human/half-fallen-angel before she was turned into a devil. If she was lucky she could have a Sacred Gear because she is half-human, but unluckily she doesn't. But since she was a half-fallen angel she could use "light" energy which could makes her a big threat to other devils.

Now Kiba has a Sacred Gear. It is called "Sword Rebirth" which lets him create "Demonic Swords". He could make much sword as possible and give them attributes like fire and ice etc.
The Balance-Breaker is called "Sword of Betrayer". It lets him create not only "Demonic Swords" but also "Holy-Swords". Since the sword has opposite attributes it was thought to be impossible but he could merge the two to create "Holy-Demonic Sword".
Spoiler for Kiba's .....:

Riki 2011-11-02 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3837648)
Koneko, Rias, and Himejima does not have a Sacred Gear. Like I stated before only Human's can have a Sacred Gear. Koneko was a Nekomata, which is a Japanese Youkai before she was turned into a devil. She can use a thing called "Sennjutsu", which she shows from volume 5. Therefore she wont be using at in the anime. Rias is a pureblood devil, and has a special power called "Power of destruction", which is very powerful and so far only she and her brother has. Himejima was a half-human/half-fallen-angel before she was turned into a devil. If she was lucky she could have a Sacred Gear because she is half-human, but unluckily she doesn't. But since she was a half-fallen angel she could use "light" energy which could makes her a big threat to other devils.

Now Kiba has a Sacred Gear. It is called "Sword Rebirth" which lets him create "Demonic Swords". He could make much sword as possible and give them attributes like fire and ice etc.
The Balance-Breaker is called "Sword of Betrayer". It lets him create not only "Demonic Swords" but also "Holy-Swords". Since the sword has opposite attributes it was thought to be impossible but he could merge the two to create "Holy-Demonic Sword".
Spoiler for Kiba's .....:

Thank You!:D last Question how many ppl fallen for issei?:heh:

n0m@n 2011-11-03 01:13

So far about 7 or 8.
Spoiler for For example.....:

Riki 2011-11-03 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 3839036)
So far about 7 or 8.
Spoiler for For example.....:

Thanks for answering all my Questions~ gotta ask now or else the anime comes out and this page will prbly be flooded:uhoh:.~ good luck on translating!~:D

yuiichi9 2011-11-03 11:34

Thanks n0m@n for all the info. Can you tell me information of the girls on the covers of vol 6,7 & 9. Like who are they, what race are they and what are their role on the story? What kind of character issei belongs to, the one where most of the time depend on others and is useless or the one that take the initiative and can hold on his own? Thanks in advance. My wishes for this series would be that issei form a romantic relationship with multiple girls forming a harem and the other would be that
Spoiler for plot:

n0m@n 2011-11-03 21:03

First of all, about the characters on the cover you said,
Spoiler for Character:

Also about the plots.
Spoiler for Volume 1:

Spoiler for Volume 2:

Spoiler for Volume 3:

Spoiler for Volume 4:

I would explain about Volume 5 onwards, but there are some terminology you need to know before reading it. But to let you know this story just doesn't concentrate on devils and such. The novels throws in Norse mythology, Japanese youkai, Greek Mythology and such, so it has lot of story in it. Eg fighting certain God and stuff.

Evil Pieces:
They are chess pieces that are given to Top-Tier devils. They obtain 15 pieces which consists of 1 Queen, 2 Rooks, 2 Knights, 2 Bishops, and 8 Tanks. The holder of these chess pieces are known as "Kings". These pieces could be used to resurrect people and change them into a devil and a servant of the "King". Usually one piece is used for 1 person, but there are people with very high inner power that it takes more than one piece to change them into a devil. Each pieces boosts up certain parameter of the ones used on. Rook boosts up strength. Bishop boosts up Magic Powers. Knight boosts up Speed. Queen boosts up all of 3 Strength, Speed, Magic. Pawn however gets an ability called "Promotion" which allows them to promote into 4 classes mentioned (Queen,Bishop,Tank,Knight). Queen is said to be strong as 9 pieces of Pawns. Rook is said to be strong as 5 pieces of Pawn. Bishop and Knight is said to be strong as 3 pieces of Pawn.

The Occult Club is made up of Rias and her servants:
Rias(King)
Akeno(Queen)
Koneko(Rook)
Rossweise(Rook) Joins in end of Volume 7, the girl in cover of Volume 9
Kiba(Knight)
Zenovia(Knight) Joins in end of Volume 3, the girl in cover of Volume 6
Gyaspa(Bishop)-Already a member before the story but makes appearance in Volume 4
Asia(Bishop)-Joins in end of Volume 1
Isei(Pawns)-Used up 8 pieces of Pawn Pieces

Also in the devils world, there is a game called "Rating Game", where the "Kings and their servants" battles with the other "King and their servants". There are different types of battling style, but the most common and used one is the all out battle where they are put in a battle stage where it continues until they take down the opponents king or make them surrender. The novel introduces the "Rating Game" in Volume 2.

yuiichi9 2011-11-04 11:18

Does the Tank and King have an attribute or ability like the Knight that boosts up Speed? Which role is Illya, knight, bishiop, etc..? Does angels & devils have longer lifespan than humans?

n0m@n 2011-11-04 18:41

Sorry Tank=Rook. In the novel they use both terms often.
The novel hasnt revealed the Kings attributes yet.
Also since illya is angel she dosent fight in the Rating Game. Its said that devils may live upto 10000 years.
Spoiler for isei lifespan:

yuiichi9 2011-11-04 20:33

Spoiler for lifespan:

n0m@n 2011-11-04 21:14

Spoiler for lifespan:

yuiichi9 2011-11-05 12:59

Issei is a pawn, so has he receive a promotion in class?

n0m@n 2011-11-06 17:26

He has access to all of the classes.