AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Yutori-chan (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92109)

Kaoru Chujo 2010-03-14 13:58

Yutori-chan

Yutori-chan is a new comedy directed by Kawaguchi Keiichirou (Getsumen to Heiki Mina, Hayate no Gotoku), with original character designs by POP (Moetan), and animation directed by Nishio Kouhaku (ToHeart2, Moetan).

The main seiyuus are Yuuki Aoi, Hanazawa Kana, and Watanabe Akeno, who also do the OP.

It consists of two-minute streamed animations, distributed via links sent out (apparently daily) to viewers by Biglobe. The first four episodes were previewed in December. The full season begins Tuesday 16 March.

Yutori-chan is a cute, cheery, selfish, inefficient part-time worker in the marketing department of a toy company. She (Yuuki Aoi) is a high-school student, and her closest co-worker (Hanazawa Kana) is a student at a prestigious university. Their supervisor is played by Watanabe Akeno.

The animation is simple but effective. The first four episodes were funny, and the seiyuu work is excellent.

More credits: animation produced by Actas; story by Tanaka Yutori and Actas; script by Asakawa Miya (Mars Daybreak, Shounen Onmyouji, episodes of Noein).

AniDB. ANN. official site.

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9495/yutori.jpg

Midonin 2010-03-14 14:00

Keiichiro Kawaguchi, at the very least, is enough to grab my attention.

Pachael 2010-03-15 02:51

Watched the first four web-eps. It was quite funny - no relation between Tanaka Yutori and the title character? ;p

felix 2010-03-15 05:53

Yes its a amusing cute show.

Fuze 2010-03-17 20:45

I just recently saw the first 4 web-episodes that has been out since December(?), and I can say it's my type of comedy. I can see myself being entertained by Yutori-chan alone, whom she reminded me a bit of Miu (Ichigo Mashimaro), with her heedless tendency.

Anyway, I signed up for the e-mail service and I got the links to the streams but it has some type of error for me. Could it be that they're blocking my IP since I don't live in Japan? Anyone else sign up for it?

Edit: Err, nvm.. they stopped sending me links to streams after the 4th episode. I think for episode 5 and up you have to pay 500 yen or something. Great. :(

Lord of Fire 2010-03-26 04:05

Those 4 webcasts were quite amusing. Definitely something to look out for.

Rias 2010-03-30 22:05

I wonder if this is a way of jabbing at Japan's Yutori-education.

Nevertheless, it's some funny stuff.

Tatiana Razajev 2010-04-05 08:30

The episodes are short, but kind of fun. In part thanks to Yutori herself.

Dralha 2010-04-05 11:44

I've seen a handful of them so far. They're short, but very funny. :D

rumia 2010-04-06 07:56

oh, the short anime is moe~
it really make me laugh~
short but not bad

Kaoru Chujo 2010-04-06 11:16

I sure hope someone is able to keep up with subbing these. They're hard to find. They appear daily, and we're up to over 22 of them now. Chinese subs do keep showing up. Episode 13 -- which I've seen called "Black Yutori" -- is a classic. Especially good work by Yuuki Aoi.

@Rias -- I'll bet that's exactly what they're poking fun at, since Yutori-chan herself is pretty relaxed and refuses to work overtime, for example. And she is also the happiest of everyone in the office, it seems.

NOTE: I didn't know what "Yutori Education" was until I looked it up on my friend, Wikipedia. It was an education reform that among other things reduced hours in elementary school, trying to reduce pressure on students. The changes started in 1989, but the biggest changes took place in 1998, so students who had their education since then -- including Yutori-chan -- would show the effects of it.

Dralha 2010-04-06 13:08

Quote:

NOTE: I didn't know what "Yutori Education" was until I looked it up on my friend, Wikipedia. It was an education reform that among other things reduced hours in elementary school, trying to reduce pressure on students. The changes started in 1989, but the biggest changes took place in 1998, so students who had their education since then -- including Yutori-chan -- would show the effects of it.
Interesting...perhaps there's a bit of subtle social commentary going on there...:heh:

JapanAni 2010-04-06 15:19

really fun short episodes, not expecting too much since it's aired on cellphones in Japan.