AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

MeisterBabylon 2014-12-04 12:32

And BANDAI, TURN IT INTO A GUNPLA SET.

Sworra 2014-12-04 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5358201)
It will be an exclusive, its just too easy and clever for Bandai to pass up lol, Im actually setting aside the 007/S Inspection for this since I like Exia more (and the amazing even more than all the exia variations)

So I gave in and pre-ordered Dark Matter. I will get both if the Amazing ever comes out. Can't pass up a cool suit from both of them.

Benigmatica 2014-12-05 04:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 5357104)
http://www.1999.co.jp/10299214
Gundam Amazing Red Warrior.

Nice seeing some Plamo-Kyoshiro Gunplas, despite having those "amazing" changes! I think Bandai should release the Perfect Gundam in either HG or RG!

wavehawk 2014-12-05 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benigmatica (Post 5359561)
Nice seeing some Plamo-Kyoshiro Gunplas

- Now that you mention it, Build Fighters...is basically 21st century Plamo Kyoshiro...

Benigmatica 2014-12-05 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5359565)
- Now that you mention it, Build Fighters...is basically 21st century Plamo Kyoshiro...

But Build Fighters doesn't have Shiro Kyoda nor Haru Irie in it!

Anyways, I like how Bandai remembers Plamo Kyoshiro by releasing the Gundam Amazing Red Warrior!

Cao Ni Ma 2014-12-05 08:00

So any general idea on how the kits are moving this holiday season? Like which are the hot sellers? I've heard that the G-Reco suits are doing really well despite being so-so in quality. The grimoire/arcane look baller though, sad that the Bullock wont be here till next year.

wavehawk 2014-12-05 08:38

The Grimoire is very simple to build but looks good. Definitely recommend pickign it up if you like the deisng, and ESPECIALLY if you're into modding because the Grimoire is just begging for customization.

The Montero is a surprisingly solid kit, although I think it looks better without the wings. IMHO it looks okay without them, but with the wingshields on it looks pretty silly. Granted I didn't like the Montero initially but I'm warming up to the design a bit.

About the only G-Reco kit I'm not sold upon is the G-Self itself. I haven't finished building it yet but compared to the Montero it feels...boring.

Skye629 2014-12-05 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma (Post 5359713)
So any general idea on how the kits are moving this holiday season? Like which are the hot sellers? I've heard that the G-Reco suits are doing really well despite being so-so in quality. The grimoire/arcane look baller though, sad that the Bullock wont be here till next year.

The hot one right now is probably PG Unicorn lol

MG's well not much atm

HG's, probably the Build Fighter and G-Reco kits

Bonta Kun 2014-12-06 16:43

Ok so how did I miss this!?!

They know how to sell it thats for sure, I still want a PG Sinanju the most but I can settle for the Uni.

Looks like I have to start saving now....

ZeroXSEED 2014-12-07 01:32

HARHARHARHAR

Enjoy your oversized MG

Bonta Kun 2014-12-07 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5362069)
HARHARHARHAR

Enjoy your oversized MG

Well thats the idea but I'm ok with cause it will still look pretty damn great:p

But by the time I actually saved enough money to get me one the next PG would probably be announced:heh:
In which case I would probably get next one cause I'm still holding on to my PG Sin!

Skye629 2014-12-07 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5362069)
HARHARHARHAR

Enjoy your oversized MG

From what Im seeing so far its still a step up from the MG kit, given the bigger size allows for better stuff

Especially the proportions, they went with the HGUC/anime ones over the original Katoki kit

Infinite Zenith 2014-12-07 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5362747)
From what Im seeing so far its still a step up from the MG kit, given the bigger size allows for better stuff

Especially the proportions, they went with the HGUC/anime ones over the original Katoki kit

The video suggests that the PG is going to have better articulation with the arms and legs compared to the MG. I wonder how difficult the transformation will be: I heard the MG was pretty tough to transform.

Wild Goose 2014-12-07 20:38

So yesterday I embarked on waterslide decaling for the first time.

You know how you're supposed to cut off the whole thing and then the decal separates from the backing paper? Yeah that didn't happen with me. I get the decal adhering to the backing paper, orz.

And then when I try to cut the decals, somehow the decal splits away from the backing paper. While dry. So I grip the decal with my tweezers, dunk it in water, and then apply. It does actually seem to fit quite okay.

...and then in a fit of fail, I lost my Jesta waterslide decals, and kinda screwed up some of my Jesta Cannon's Londo Bell decals. So I improvised and stole my Stark Jegan's decals (since I've decided I'm going to keep my snapfit Stark Jegan as-is, and next year I'll build a new Stark Jegan incorporating all my leveled up skills :V).

Skye629 2014-12-08 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose (Post 5362920)
So yesterday I embarked on waterslide decaling for the first time.

You know how you're supposed to cut off the whole thing and then the decal separates from the backing paper? Yeah that didn't happen with me. I get the decal adhering to the backing paper, orz.

And then when I try to cut the decals, somehow the decal splits away from the backing paper. While dry. So I grip the decal with my tweezers, dunk it in water, and then apply. It does actually seem to fit quite okay.

...and then in a fit of fail, I lost my Jesta waterslide decals, and kinda screwed up some of my Jesta Cannon's Londo Bell decals. So I improvised and stole my Stark Jegan's decals (since I've decided I'm going to keep my snapfit Stark Jegan as-is, and next year I'll build a new Stark Jegan incorporating all my leveled up skills :V).

Did you read or watch any tutorials before doing this? There are some really handy vids on youtube

Wild Goose 2014-12-08 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5364035)
Did you read or watch any tutorials before doing this? There are some really handy vids on youtube

I did. I still end up doing it wrong, orz.

ALso I am either good enough or lucky enough to be able to consistently peel away waterslide decals while dry. :heh:

wavehawk 2014-12-10 07:10

To all you guys who call me paranoid, thinking that bandai is trolling me on purpose....
I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP NOW, AM I?!?

Ideally, I'd want a Refined Barzam (from Gundam Sentinel), but if an HGUC 1/144 Barzam (Zeta Gundam version) would be released, it'd be easier for me to convert it into a Refined Barzam version. Dammit, Bandai. Dammit!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6N8OPyVriP...1600/10251.jpg

Skye629 2014-12-10 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5365539)
To all you guys who call me paranoid, thinking that bandai is trolling me on purpose....
I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP NOW, AM I?!?

Ideally, I'd want a Refined Barzam (from Gundam Sentinel), but if an HGUC 1/144 Barzam (Zeta Gundam version) would be released, it'd be easier for me to convert it into a Refined Barzam version. Dammit, Bandai. Dammit!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6N8OPyVriP...1600/10251.jpg

bandai teasin us HARD

bio9205 2014-12-10 20:02

Wait... I was under the impression that a HGUC Barzam already exists?!?! That's some huge teasing from Bandai.

Also, HGUC Dijeh plz

Skye629 2014-12-10 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 5366251)
Wait... I was under the impression that a HGUC Barzam already exists?!?! That's some huge teasing from Bandai.

Also, HGUC Dijeh plz

I would say the HGUC Dijeh would depend on the RE:1/100 success