AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles 4 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=150002)

Shadow5YA 2017-11-19 22:45

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Announced for PS4/XboxOne/Switch, coming in 2018

Official Page

LoweGear 2017-11-19 23:08

I see the Atlantic Federation tankers learned under the Oarai school of tankery. :heh:

Sad we're not going back to Gallia, though I can understand that doing so would be overusing a tired trope.

Just hope they port the game to Steam given the success of VC1 there.

blakstealth 2017-11-19 23:12

RP: Blood, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol

first mature rating in the series?

LoweGear 2017-11-20 00:27

Game info:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEGA
About

It is the year 1935 EC…

The continent of Europa is engulfed in the flames of the Second Europan War between the Atlantic Federation and the Autocratic Eastern Imperial Alliance. Although the Federation struggles valiantly against the Empire’s forces, the relentless imperial military machine threatens to consume them. With victory slipping away, the Federation executes Operation Northern Cross: a last-ditch attempt to capture the imperial capital and end the war.

Commander Claude Wallace and his loyal childhood friends in Squad E are sent to fight for the desperate operation’s success, but they will have to endure harsh bone-chilling elements, waves of imperial soldiers, and the terrifying Valkyria… and unravel a grave truth that will shake them to the core.

Key Features

A Coming-of-Age Story in a Time of War – Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but focuses on a whole new cast of main characters. Players will take command of the eager, young Commander Claude Wallace, engineer/heavy weapons extraordinaire Riley Miller, hotheaded Darcsen Raz, ice-cold ace sniper Kai Schulen, and more. Together, they will experience the painful realities of war–but will the bonds of Squad E’s friendships survive the frozen battlefield?

The Next Generation “BLiTZ” Battle System – The part overhead turn-based strategy, part RPG, and part real-time 3rd person shooter “BLiTZ” battle system returns to the field. New features include an explosive new class called the Grenadier, numerous offensive/defensive battleship support options, chances for a unit to have a “Last Stand” action before death, and more. Plus, fight the imperial threat with more units on larger-scale maps than ever before.

CANVAS Aesthetics – The series’ signature hand-drawn visual style is back and overhauled for the newest generation. Inspired by watercolor compositions, the CANVAS Graphics Engine blends visual elements of reality and imagination to create an expressive world filled with colorful emotions. Watch the journey of Squad E unfold like an interactive painting!

The Return of a Legendary Composer – The illustrious Hitoshi Sakimoto, original composer of the Valkyria Chronicles series and countless other emotional epics, returns to provide a sweeping orchestral soundtrack for the game.

Also, info on the special edition:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEGA"
PS4 Version Limited Edition

The “10th Anniversary Memorial Pack” limited edition will include the following:

A copy of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PlayStation 4

A product code for the additional story downloadable content “Joint Operation with Squad 7” – A story in which Squad 7 from the original Valkyria Chronicles appears. By playing this downloadable content, the Edelweiss operated by Welkin Gunther, as well as Alicia Melchiot, Largo Potter, and Brigitte “Rosie” Stark will be made available in the main story of Valkyria Chronicles 4. Additionally, Isara Gunther can be acquired as a unit for the first time.

10th Anniversary Soundtrack – A CD containing a selection of music from the series’ four titles.

10th Anniversary Illustration Book – A booklet filled with illustrations from the series’ four titles. The front cover illustration is done by Raita Honjou. It is B5-size and 72 pages long.

PS4 Version First-Print Purchase Bonus

First-print copies of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for PlayStation 4 in Japan will include the additional mission downloadable content, “Preemptive Special Tactics.” By clearing this mission, you can use Edy Nelson from the original Valkyria Chronicles as a unit in the main story.

Yu Ominae 2017-11-20 01:56

It's good to see this released overseas next year. And the game mentions a grenadier class.

FlareKnight 2017-11-20 01:58

I'd be up for playing another Valkyria Chronicles game.

Announcement trailer looked good.

MeoTwister5 2017-11-20 04:34

Who's willing to bet the blonde character is the Valkyria protagonist for this game?

Kafriel 2017-11-20 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 6165834)

Pretty much this. It just doesn't get boring, and the production's trustworthy, so I'll happily wait till this one's out.

MrTerrorist 2017-11-20 08:10

Yes! It's going back to what made the Valkyria series popular, unlike what Revolution did.
So it looks like this game is based on the Finnish-Soviet Winter War particularly fighting in an snowy climate.
Plus, it looks like each character can lead a squad of ally soldiers to help them.
I hope there's an english dub and the Squad 7 DLC team up sounds great.

Sacredus 2017-11-20 10:03

Quote:

PS4/XboxOne/Switch
No PC? They want to release game on XBone (on witch Japanese games are not popular) and Switch (that's was just released) but not on platform that saved VC series in the West? Just... lol.

Sides 2017-11-20 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacredus (Post 6166001)
No PC? They want to release game on XBone (on witch Japanese games are not popular) and Switch (that's was just released) but not on platform that saved VC series in the West? Just... lol.

Most xbox games are now "play anywhere". It wouldn't surprise me if the PC version is locked to windows store, timed or exclusively.

Sacredus 2017-11-20 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 6166007)
Most xbox games are now "play anywhere". It wouldn't surprise me if the PC version is locked to windows store, timed or exclusively.

So, again, no PC version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

blakstealth 2017-11-20 12:00

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/20...mbers-squad-e/

Claude Wallace (CV: Ryosuke Kanemoto)
Riley Miller (CV: Nao Touyama)
Raz (CV: Kazuya Nakai)
Kai Shuren (CV: Maaya Sakamoto):

aw snap, I wonder if the overseas release will have dual audio

serenade_beta 2017-11-20 14:26

Multi? *checks off the list*
Yeah, don't need then.

Firefly00 2017-11-20 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 6165834)

Seconded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 6165864)
Who's willing to bet the blonde character is the Valkyria protagonist for this game?

I'll see that, and raise the question of whether or not her power set might make her a walking talking WCD in addition to the more usual tricks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 6165938)
Yes! It's going back to what made the Valkyria series popular, unlike what Revolution did.

And no lootbox nonsense. Activision, take note - this is how you take an IP back to its roots.

Quote:

So it looks like this game is based on the Finnish-Soviet Winter War particularly fighting in an snowy climate.
I'd almost overlooked that bit of history; thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacredus (Post 6166001)

Given that SteamSpy's sales figures aren't anything to sneeze at... what good reason could there be for not having PC as a launch platform?

LoweGear 2017-11-20 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 6166130)
Multi? *checks off the list*
Yeah, don't need then.

AFAIK this game doesn't have multiplayer, so not sure what the issue is here?

Also...

[resetera] Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4/Xbox One/Switch (2018)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Null Pointer
Hey everyone, it's Sam Mullen, Senior Localization Producer here at SEGA/Atlus, and I just wanted to poke my head in and say hi and let you know we are super excited that you're super excited with the announcement of Valkyria Chronicles 4.

I know there's a lot of questions about how this is going to play out, and certain... elements... seem to be missing from the announcement, but we do hear you and hope that you will stick with us as we move into 2018 and unveil more information about VC4 over the coming months. We are literally in the middle of recording the English dub, and the EU Language translations are currently underway, so while everything feels very 'Japan-focused' at the moment, trust me when I say that this is a global initiative and we are rolling this one with all the perks.

There's definitely more to reveal and talk about in the future, so stay tuned!

Wow, it's getting an English Dub already and it's not even out :eek:

JagdPanther 2017-11-20 20:06

Um... yes, please.

And, I was just thinking today about how it's been almost 10 years since the original VC came out. Man, time flies...

serenade_beta 2017-11-21 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 6166217)
AFAIK this game doesn't have multiplayer, so not sure what the issue is here?

Meh, I don't have a decent reason, really. Just that Multi games are always dropped down in my to-get list for that reason. Have been interested in the series... but not too interested, so it's just one of those things that tip the scales. Maybe if there is a 50% off sale in the future if I run out of games to play.

LoweGear 2017-11-21 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 6166309)
Meh, I don't have a decent reason, really. Just that Multi games are always dropped down in my to-get list for that reason. Have been interested in the series... but not too interested, so it's just one of those things that tip the scales. Maybe if there is a 50% off sale in the future if I run out of games to play.

I'm still confused, because you're saying that you're not interested in this particular because it has multiplayer.... despite the fact that this game doesn't have multiplayer. :heh:

Kafriel 2017-11-21 05:15

I think he means multi-platform, since VC3 and 2 were PSP exclusives AFAIK.