AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 580 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111291)

james0246 2012-03-28 01:56

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 580 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

faceroll 2012-03-28 04:54

i wonder if they had porkchops in that flashback

Dengar 2012-03-28 05:21

Can't say much about this chapter. There is a fight, the plot is slightly advanced. No new revelations this time.

HasuMasu 2012-03-28 06:10

That Mortar Jutsu looks fun, and I never knew the snake came out of his belly...:uhoh::heh:

Shiryuu 2012-03-28 06:12

Kinda boring. I'd rather they switch back to Naruto/Madara, and Kabuto somehow escaping off panel.

ronin myael 2012-03-28 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiryuu (Post 4078275)
Kinda boring. I'd rather they switch back to Naruto/Madara, and Kabuto somehow escaping off panel.

i'm with you on that one. i don't really get what's going on in this chapter. the art seems to be all over the place for some reason, or maybe it's just me. and i found kabuto a little annoying, he wouldn't shut up! :p

Eragon 2012-03-28 06:50

What was the point of building up Sasuke as a bad guy if even after turning to the evil side all he does is help the leaf village(don't care if meant to or not) and naruto in some way or another?I mean after reading the last two chapters you couldn't guess that he wanted to destroy Konoha.

~Yami~ 2012-03-28 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eragon (Post 4078325)
What was the point of building up Sasuke as a bad guy if even after turning to the evil side all he does is help the leaf village(don't care if meant to or not) and naruto in some way or another?I mean after reading the last two chapters you couldn't guess that he wanted to destroy Konoha.

agree... this Sasuke is different with the one who want to crush Konoha after stealing his bro's eyes.... maybe because of Itachi??

just chop that snake!!! I want to go back to Naruto Vs Tobi

Meltyred 2012-03-28 07:43

I have a feeling after this it will go like this:
Sasuke: Argh I need to kill somebody!
Naruto: But every konoha ninja is wearing the same headband as everyone else so don't kill them, try tobi
Sasuke: Oh okay then
Epic fight scene with tobi
Naruto: Wanna be friends again?
Sasuke: Sure.
Naruto ends.

Sasukemaru 2012-03-28 08:11

Im curious if it's the same ppl complaining about sasuke not talking about revenge and killing, are the same ppl who complain about him talking about revenge and killing. I doubt a lil side quest to capture somebody he already considered to be his enemy in exchange for answers he wants from his brother is going to magically make him a good guy. Also, why can't he have a normal conversation without ppl criticizing the story? How realistic is a blood thirsty psycho that only thinks about killing?

All that said, let's get back to naruto vs tobi now. Tobi was finally about to start fighting himself, which i dont know why im so excited to see. I mean honestly, tobi has never really been that impressive. I just want to see the unmasking i guess.

itachi-san314 2012-03-28 08:25

people asked for sasuke to talk more. lots of people complained that he was turned into a mindless killing machine with no dialogue. now he has dialogue. complaining persists...

the whole reason sasuke went psycho was because of itachi. it stands to reason that the very source of his psychosis (itachi) would have a calming effect on him and bring him back to earth a little

ronin myael 2012-03-28 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4078447)
people asked for sasuke to talk more. lots of people complained that he was turned into a mindless killing machine with no dialogue. now he has dialogue. complaining persists...

the whole reason sasuke went psycho was because of itachi. it stands to reason that the very source of his psychosis (itachi) would have a calming effect on him and bring him back to earth a little

i didn't find sasuke irritating in this chapter though, it's kabuto i found annoying. it's nice to see some humanity in him. i just found the chapter a little bland that's all. however, it would be difficult for me to believe that sasuke would still want to try and kill naruto after this. i honestly think that if there's anyone who could influence or save him, it's itachi. so if itachi's presence alone could be a positive effect on him, why would he need naruto? why would he want to hurt naruto or konoha after this?

Jouten 2012-03-28 08:57

Sasuke said the word "Yeah" too often in this chapter imo

haegar 2012-03-28 08:58

Dunno if it's the scan I saw or the art as is but I didn't like it this chap. All bleached out and those thin lines... Well, guess it might have to do with Kabuto's light/noise jutsu thingy, maybe in the anime it will look better if the whole cave is flooded in light ...

As for plot, not much there, I think it's a bit premature to come to conclusions about how Sasuske will handle it from here. For now I see no problem with the tagteam, Sasuske is intelligent enough to know it would be stupid to take on Kabuto alone at this point so it makes sense he teams up. I dare say I hope it's gonna take some more that "remember how we killed some stupid pig TOGETHER" to bring him back to the side of Konoha.

BTW, whatever happens between him and Itachi might not influence his attitude towards the village at all: They might well reconcile before Itachi bites it and then he still might feel it's all Konoha's fault for leading him and Itachi astray and still go on hating and act accordingly.

I'd rather think that IF he really changes, it is gonna be something that either Tobi or Madara do later that will have him reconsider...

Another small thing, I'll laugh my ass off if Kabuto's sensing ability is now limited because Sasuske took of that horn: maybe the horns are like a cat's whiskers :heh:

Justice Knight 2012-03-28 09:14

why dont sasuke and itachi just use amateratsu and burn mr snake?? I also dont understand whats going on with this chapter which is when itachi chopped his horn instead of his head =\.

Midnight Commander 2012-03-28 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi-san314 (Post 4078447)
people asked for Sasuke to talk more. lots of people complained that he was turned into a mindless killing machine with no dialogue. now he has dialogue. complaining persists...

On these forums, its “cool” to bash Sasuke, and complain about Kishimoto being a sexist. We're certain to read these complaints time and time again here(even if unwarranted); I don't know if it gets them rep points or what (j/k, partially). On these forums regarding Sasuke, you're certain to read a complaint about something. Anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Knight (Post 4078502)
why dont sasuke and itachi just use amateratsu and burn mr snake?? I also dont understand whats going on with this chapter which is when itachi chopped his horn instead of his head =\.

If they kill Kabuto, the edo-tensei jutsu supposedly cannot be canceled.

Goshin 2012-03-28 09:28

Pretty meh chapter. we got a glimpse of how sasuke and itachi would be like if not for uchiha massacre. I understand why some people a complain, a couple of chapters ago sasuke was going psycho have quickly turned to the little bro from long ago. but I think this precisely shows how psycho sasuke actually is, he has bipolar disorder and doesn't need much to completely change his mood. as soon as itachi fades away he will once again go back being an angry kid. I think..... :(

lol I got this funny image in my head with sasuke lying in a boat with his arms wrapped around itachi's decapitated head...:heh:

Meltyred 2012-03-28 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Knight (Post 4078502)

They need kabuto ALIVE.
Which is why you READ the TEXT.

Randrak42 2012-03-28 09:55

Christ...I'm actually starting to miss Bee...

Dengar 2012-03-28 10:09

Of course! Bee is awesome.

ronin myael 2012-03-28 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by haegar (Post 4078487)
Dunno if it's the scan I saw or the art as is but I didn't like it this chap. All bleached out and those thin lines...

it does look messed up, i barely understand what's going on because of it.

Randrak42 2012-03-28 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4078592)
Of course! Bee is awesome.

I find him kind of annoying...but to me anything is better than Sasuke and Kabuto right now...

HasuMasu 2012-03-28 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin myael (Post 4078596)
it does look messed up, i barely understand what's going on because of it.

It was just because of the Mortar Jutsu, hopefully he won't use it again. :heh:

Artful Dodger 2012-03-28 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4078597)
I find him kind of annoying...but to me anything is better than Sasuke and Kabuto right now...

What was so bad this chapter or last?

Randrak42 2012-03-28 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artful Dodger (Post 4078714)
What was so bad this chapter or last?

They had Sasuke...and if that's not bad enough, a sorry excuse for a villain (new "dragon sage thingy" Kabuto) who once used to be cool but is so terribly meh and uninteresting.

Naruto's fight...and even the 5 kages were much more interesting than this.

Ulquiorra 2012-03-28 12:00

The scan really made this chapter quickly forgettable. Hard to tell what is happening. Not that anyone should complain. It is free and be thankful someone is doing it. But to compound the matter this is not one of Kishi's better fights. It also seems like a pain in the neck to translate.

I agree. Bring on Naruto and friends vs. Tobi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 4078356)
agree... this Sasuke is different with the one who want to crush Konoha after stealing his bro's eyes.... maybe because of Itachi??

Itachi thought he failed with Sasuke which is why he left his redemption to Naruto. Now Kishi has decided to write a brotherly fanservice team-up where Sasuke seems more normal than ever before thanks to working with Itachi. Naruto is out of the picture. Sorry Naruto, but he had only one brother and that is who he is bonding with.

Sure, Kishimoto still probably has Sasuke wanting to kill Naruto and destroy Konoha, but he seems too reasonable and coherent for that now. Certainly not the guy who Kishimoto wrote was about to "bring carnage to the battlefield" only 5 chapters ago.

So either Sasuke is going to lose it again when Itachi departs or...who the hell knows?

Casshern 2012-03-28 12:05

Happy Sasuke is boring... and smiling Itachi is wtf.

And Kabuto should stick a snake up Kishi's ass. I can't believe Kishi killed off Oro for this piece of crap to take his place. Oro was a freak, but under the freak was a philosophy. Kabuto is just freak all the way. Why would you replace a fleshed out character with a nobody who doesn't have 30 min of screen time in 10 years put together? Ultimately his role is nothing more than to be a measuring stick for Sasuke anyway.

Oh and btw Uchiha bonding is bleurgh!

octaviahawk 2012-03-28 12:06

agreed. I thought Itach + Sasuke would = more epic than this :(

Ero-Senn1n 2012-03-28 12:18

This chapter was great because of exactly one thing: Itachi ruled again and he saved Sasuke :D
Even after death he saves: Naruto, KillerBee, Sasuke, .... and maybe the whole alliance :)
Then we have the great and arrogant and powered up EMS Sasuke who is defeated by Kabuto's first move. While Naruto is fighting the rinnegan. If Sasuke realized that he is too weak he might get emo :)

Ulquiorra 2012-03-28 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by octaviahawk (Post 4078807)
agreed. I thought Itach + Sasuke would = more epic than this :(

People thought their fight was going to be epic and it was a borefest. So this was expected. I really want to find this Kabuto interesting, but I just can't. It's just some silly snake monster. Instead of feeling excitement, I just keeping waiting for him to shut-up and reserve Edo Tensei. Then go away and die.

In a sense Sasuke cannot win with fans. If he is crazy, people say he is too one dimensional and not developed. If he is normal, people say he is boring and blah. Of course both might be right and he just might be a sucky character at this point no matter how he acts. Which is unfortunate since we are going to be seeing a lot of him.

Randrak42 2012-03-28 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n (Post 4078828)
This chapter was great because of exactly one thing: Itachi ruled again and he saved Sasuke :D
Even after death he saves: Naruto, KillerBee, Sasuke, .... and maybe the whole alliance :)
Then we have the great and arrogant and powered up EMS Sasuke who is defeated by Kabuto's first move. While Naruto is fighting the rinnegan. If Sasuke realized that he is too weak he might get emo :)

Agreed...Itachi always had that badass feeling, even when he was "evil". Honestly, Itachi is the only reason why I even read these chapters because if it were just Sasuke vs Kabuto I would skip them in a heartbeat.

If I were to praise Kishi about one character it would be Itachi. However...having Sasuke in the picture is killing it for me.

PS: Sasuke does seem less emo genocidal wannabe around Itachi (suppose he's as much an Itachi fanboy as we expected), this is either Kishi correcting Sasuke's newfound "I shall kill everything!" personality or just a way for fanservice...either way I force plenty of emo moments after Itachi vanishes again.

Valky 2012-03-28 13:34

All of this was just to cut a part of horn? Man .. how long will this fight last ..

Eragon 2012-03-28 13:53

^ I think this is Sasuke's "redemption" fight so,..I guess it'll take a while >_>

HayashiTakara 2012-03-28 14:45

Quality time with big brother seems to be great therapy for Sasuke. Seems like Itachi is going to do at the job for Naruto it seems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valky (Post 4078975)
All of this was just to cut a part of horn? Man .. how long will this fight last ..

We're nearing the end of the series... Kishi has to stretch it out as much as humanly possible. Gotta make that green, know what I'm sayin? :heh:

Dengar 2012-03-28 15:00

Why don't the people who like to complain stop reading it? It obviously isn't for them.

Ulquiorra 2012-03-28 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4079096)
Why don't the people who like to complain stop reading it? It obviously isn't for them.

Worst argument ever.

Dengar 2012-03-28 15:18

How so? If you don't like it, you don't read it. It's like, basic logic. O_o

Why continue to torture yourself?

Don't be like "Derp dat argument suxx0r", explain yourself!

Randrak42 2012-03-28 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4079117)

If you're talking about me then check my posts, I already explain why I keep reading...

Valky 2012-03-28 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayashiTakara (Post 4079074)
We're nearing the end of the series... Kishi has to stretch it out as much as humanly possible. Gotta make that green, know what I'm sayin? :heh:

:heh: I understand. It just, Madara vs 5 kages or Naruto & Bee vs Tobi & his Bijuus seems way more interesting than this. Then again, I guess Sasuke is a main character, no matter how shitty he is.:uhoh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4079096)

What's your problem? I don't see anything wrong with complaining. Heck, its better than ignoring it. You want everything to go as you like? Try dreaming.

Endscape 2012-03-28 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengar (Post 4079117)

More like why don't the people who don't like it, stop complaining about it? I gave up hope on that long ago. Best thing to do is ignore those people.