AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Toji no Miko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=148201)

Random Wanderer 2018-02-17 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddo-kun (Post 6200739)
Weird japanese law... why middle schoolers not allowed to buy food at night? What if the person is very hungry??! :uhoh:

It's not so much "not allowed" as "Why are you kids out so late at night? Where are your parents? Are you runaways? Let me call the police..."

Marcus H. 2018-02-20 05:28

Preview #1 for Episode 8, "Day of the Disaster":

azarhal 2018-02-23 17:23

Episode 8 has answers about a few things.

Saying that, I don't get why nobody told Kanami about her mom...including her mom herself never mentioning the past event before she died.

Random Wanderer 2018-02-23 17:37

Kanami's mother confirmed. But she only has memories up until she was 17? Did whatever happened in the battle somehow imprint her soul into Chidori at that moment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarhal (Post 6203112)
Saying that, I don't get why nobody told Kanami about her mom...

Maybe she never asked? :D

Lukes YGO & WS on YT 2018-02-23 17:46

Spoiler for Episode 8 Comments/Feedback:

Wandering Soul 2018-02-23 18:55

Nice to see that this series isn't going to wait until the near end to start answering some questions. So it actually was Kanami' mother. She doesn't have any memories of raising Kanami, but they can at least spend time together doing something they both love.

It looks like the two Origami siblings are going to clash soon.

ScrewySquirrel 2018-02-23 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Wanderer (Post 6203115)
Kanami's mother confirmed. But she only has memories up until she was 17? Did whatever happened in the battle somehow imprint her soul into Chidori at that moment?

Maybe she never asked? :D

Remember, after the battle neither mother could acces their toji powers.

My guess is whatever happened severed Miyako's toji abilities. This spirit form of Kanami's mother is that part of her soul that was a toji, still 17 years old like she was back in 1997 when all this happened. This severing is what shortened her life so much.

Marcus H. 2018-02-23 21:23

Minato died in 2011.
Kagari died last year.

And are we sure that everyone is worth trusting completely? :^)
I mean, Akane is an Origami and she could well be heir-material if Yukari made a heroic sacrifice.
On the other hand, IF Yukari is doing things for the greater good, then why gather this much noro? Noro is inherently dangerous as it can create Aradama with ample amounts of it, and Aradama CAN contaminate, or worse, outright possess someone.

Anyway, an outright god considered as an Aradama... that opens a lot of questions.

Kazu-kun 2018-02-24 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel (Post 6203162)
Remember, after the battle neither mother could acces their toji powers.

My guess is whatever happened severed Miyako's toji abilities. This spirit form of Kanami's mother is that part of her soul that was a toji, still 17 years old like she was back in 1997 when all this happened. This severing is what shortened her life so much.

Their powers should be on the other side though. I don't see how Minato's could manage to come back, take the form of her former self and even appear to train her daughter. It sounds really contrived. Besides, if that is true, what about Hiori's mother? Why doesn't she appear to guide her daughter too?.

Norn 2018-02-24 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 6203212)
Their powers should be on the other side though. I don't see how Minato's could manage to come back, take the form of her former self and even appear to train her daughter. It sounds really contrived. Besides, if that is true, what about Hiori's mothers? Why doesn't she appears to guide her daughter too?.

This can be explained through the powers of the mothers. If Hiyori's mother has a jin'i that can cross time and space, then what makes that Minato, who clearly crossed through time and space to bring Hiyori's mother back? It's not farfetched to believe that the part of Minato that was supposed to be sacrificed, has come to reside in her sword. Part of it might be intentional too, as we've seen that older Minato drilled Kanami way before her 17 year old self might appear in her dreams. This also explains Kanami's growth, as she has essentially nearly 24/7 training.

Kazu-kun 2018-02-24 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norn (Post 6203230)
This can be explained through the powers of the mothers.

I don't see how.

Quote:

If Yukari's mother has a jin'i that can cross time and space
Who is Yukari's mother? I've no idea who you're talking about. If you mean Hiori's mother, she didn't have the power to cross time and space. She had a jin'i that was faster than normal. If you're fast enough, you can break through the barrier to the other world. If Minato could follow her, it probably just means she was extremely fast too.

In any case, none of this explains what is going on with this Minato who appears in Kanami's dream, or why Hiori's mother doesn't appear as well.

Norn 2018-02-24 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 6203235)
I don't see how.

Who is Yukari's mother? I've no idea who you're talking about. If you mean Hiori's mother, she didn't have the power to cross time and space. She had a jin'i that was faster than normal. If you're fast enough, you can break through the barrier to the other world. If Minato could follow her, it probably just means she was extremely fast too.

In any case, none of this explains what is going on with this Minato who appears in Kanami's dream, or why Hiori's mother doesn't appear as well.

My bad, I meant Hiyori's mother. Like I said, that jin'i lies in the realm of bending time and space. Crossing into another realm isn't something you should just be able to do just by being very fast. So I argue that Minato can, through a similar process dive into the okatana, possessing it. If that jin'i is supposed to trap both the user and the target in the netherworld then both mothers paid a heavy price for escaping the mutual destruction. This is where I argue that the lifespan that got cut off from Minato came to possess her sword.

Kazu-kun 2018-02-24 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norn (Post 6203247)
My bad, I meant Hiyori's mother. Like I said, that jin'i lies in the realm of bending time and space. Crossing into another realm isn't something you should just be able to do just by being very fast.

Then you missed the explanation. The speed comes from the jin'i which uses the power from the other world to accelerate. The faster you go, the more power you take from the other world, and when you reach maximum speed, you cross the limit to the other world. So only those who can accelerate to the limit can do this. Hiori's mother was one of them, and Minato probably had the same ability.

Quote:

This is where I argue that the lifespan that got cut off from Minato came to possess her sword.
Except the lifespan of Hiori's mother was shortened too yet she didn't come back.

MeoTwister5 2018-02-24 03:19

Since Kagari is technically somewhat similar to The Flash and how the Speed Force allows him to go fast enough to cause time dilation in their frame of reference, their rapid aging will in part be somewhat similar to how Barry Allen dies during Crisis of Infinite Earths.

As for how Minato got into the sword, well, a lot of fiction imagines ways to "download" memories into data or objects.

Kazu-kun 2018-02-24 03:27

I don't care what explanation they come out with as long as it makes sense, both why Minato managed to come back and why Kagari didn't.

Marcus H. 2018-02-24 03:38

It was as simple as Minato was able to match Kagari's Jin'i at that precise moment.
I could speculate that this alone was the reason why Minato lost her life six years before Kagari; Minato wasn't trained to experience the exposure to the netherworld/Hidden Realm that Kagari was made for, so her body broke down more quickly.

It would be nice if they showed how the depleted lifespan manifested. Based on Kagari's hand during the Episode 2 flashback, it doesn't seem like rapid aging. Hiyori described it as "her mother's life wasting away", so I'd assume it as a kind of deadly feeling of weakness in the body.

Anh_Minh 2018-02-24 04:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu-kun (Post 6203251)
I don't care what explanation they come out with as long as it makes sense, both why Minato managed to come back and why Kagari didn't.

We don't actually know that she didn't. Since Kanami forgets about her when she wakes up, it's possible Hiyori also meets with her mother's spirit and just forgets it.

Liddo-kun 2018-02-24 06:16

Watched episode 8:

Finally, some explanation on the incident that happened 20 years ago. So... Kanami and Hiyori mom's help fight the great aradama.. I think history might repeat itself.. the daughters will also have to fight that giant aradama. I just hope, no one have to do a sacr ifice when that time comes.

And did not expect that it's Kanami mother showing up in her dreams... I thought what she was seeing is a sempai she had years ago. I was wrong. Good thing Kanami remembers the techniques from mom, so the dreams are useful.

And lastly, those black uniforms from the past, it reminds me of the black uniforms that the girls use in Kantai collection anime. :D

Spica 2018-02-24 09:38

Hiyori also got Kogarasumaru just recently.

She may not even meet the requirements for the dreams if they exist.

vietthai96 2018-02-24 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddo-kun (Post 6203284)
Finally, some explanation on the incident that happened 20 years ago. So... Kanami and Hiyori mom's help fight the great aradama.. I think history might repeat itself.. the daughters will also have to fight that giant aradama. I just hope, no one have to do a sacr ifice when that time comes.

Kagari's Jin'i is fastest, same as Hiyori; Minato's sword skill is the best, same as Kanami :upset:

When Hiyori and Kanami first met, two sword vibrated like they call each other, it seem that a part of Kagari's soul is also in Kogarasumaru, we don't know about Hiyori if she actually met her mother because the show hardly show her perspective, especially when she sleep :heh:

Edit: According to the short next ep preview, we will have "a calm before the storm" episode