AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108967)

Ekureiru 2011-12-14 08:05

It’s Not My Fault That I’m Not Popular!

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! / 私がモテないのはどう考えてもお前らが悪い!

http://i.imgur.com/wypL0.jpg

Summary:

Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo."

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

Genres: Comedy, School // Authors: Tanigawa, Nico (Story & Art) // Serialization: GanGan Online

judasmartel 2011-12-14 08:07

WTH is this? The female version of Keima Katsuragi?

HasuMasu 2011-12-14 08:08

...Gender-bent in a parallel universe. :heh:

Cute girl though. :D

Ekureiru 2011-12-14 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3902131)
...Gender-bent in a parallel universe. :heh:

Cute girl though. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by judasmartel (Post 3902130)

Sort of, kind of. The plot is amusing although it dosen't release at a fast enough pace :(

starlol 2011-12-14 09:01

Quote:

She's in a worst situation than him.

Shadow5YA 2011-12-14 09:12

Quote:

No way. Keima is getting way too popular with the ladies.

This girl just keeps digging her own grave, coming out for a brief moment, then falling back in again.

Xaturas 2011-12-14 09:32

Ahhh manga world what has happened. Everywhere same copy-paste, no originality whatsoever.

What is that shoujo version of TWGOK ... at least twgok has more to it than just otaku gamer.
Last I remember there was a thread on animesuki about another manga of otaku gamer who used some kind of diary, for the same purpose ...
I mean cmon copying something popular jeeez how chessy can they be.
Wonder why did even editors gave green light to this (even art is mediocre at best).

Aesthetic Shampoo 2011-12-14 09:37

This is...quite sad :D

This doesn't look like a rip off of TWGOK to me though...basic concept is similar but story is...strange.

Ekureiru 2011-12-14 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaturas (Post 3902236)
Ahhh manga world what has happened. Everywhere same copy-paste, no originality whatsoever.

What is that shoujo version of TWGOK ... at least twgok has more to it than just otaku gamer.
Last I remember there was a thread on animesuki about another manga of otaku gamer who used some kind of diary, for the same purpose ...
Wonder why did even editors gave green light to this (even art is mediocre at best).

Copying and pasting isn't a very valid argument for any kind of creative material. Everything is fundamentally a copy, of a copy, of a copy. An element of story, regardless of conveyence (manga included) has been used somewhere else, some other time before. As for the art, it's not the most amazing, but it's quite above decent and it's not all that bad. The actual story/plot is quite different from TWGOK despite the similarities.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-12-14 13:50

How do you date guys for over 50 years in otome games......

Kuroki reminds me of the guy from NHK ni Youkoso!....

Irenicus 2011-12-14 15:38

Gentlemen, easy now. This is not TWGOK clone, and she's not really Keima, at all, whatsoever.

She's just a sweetheart who has a little trouble with social life. Keima's different. He doesn't have problems with social life (he's pretty damn good at it when he needs to, if you haven't noticed), he just doesn't give a damn.

Rather than TWGOK clone it's more of an indulgent little slice of life manga about the antics of a troubled socially awkward teenage fujoshi. A pretty fun one.

The other "otaku guy" manga was annoying because 1) it was a man 2) there was some kind of supernatural thing involved so it feels like it took out page out of Kaminomi 3) he was a shitty lolicon 4) there were girls into him, even his loli little sister for whatever stupid reason we don't care to know. This one has none of these.

That said, somebody want to go burn that fatass pig in the latest chapter with me? How dare he made the precious thing misunderstand, the fucking otaku.

SidVicious 2011-12-14 15:53

She's cute. :)

Her troubles with social life are familiar to me.

ZODDGUTS 2011-12-14 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaturas (Post 3902236)

lol wut? Did you even read the manga? This is nothing like TWGOK, only similarities between the two is that they both start off as outcast and that's it. This is about a girl who thinks she's all that only too realize how much of a freak/unpopular person she is. It's more of a dark comedy with some slice of life elements while TWGOK is a harem/comedy series.

Anyways enjoyed Choku! he's previous series.

Spoiler for Weird girl:

:heh:

Utsuro no Hako 2011-12-14 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 3902645)
Anyways enjoyed Choku! he's previous series.

I read the first couple chapters this afternoon and thought, "You know, this is a lot like Choku, only not as twisted." Should've realized there's a reason for that.

So does this mean Choku's done?

judasmartel 2011-12-14 22:42

So since we already have the female moe tropes, how about male moe / manliness tropes in Visual Novels?

surerman 2011-12-14 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako (Post 3903061)
So does this mean Choku's done?

the scanlation still not indicating any of it. The last chapter is Nao will stay with her because the irresponsible mother followed the shotacon girl advice to go abroad:heh:

for this series, it's a dark comedy about a girl with socializing problem. But the drawing is nowhere near good:( I prefer Choku than this one in term of eyecandy

Cosmic Eagle 2011-12-15 00:32

Well the art style adds to the cynical feel...

Utsuro no Hako 2011-12-15 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by surerman (Post 3903161)
the scanlation still not indicating any of it. The last chapter is Nao will stay with her because the irresponsible mother followed the shotacon girl advice to go abroad:heh:

for this series, it's a dark comedy about a girl with socializing problem. But the drawing is nowhere near good:( I prefer Choku than this one in term of eyecandy

Baka Updates lists it as four volumes in Japan and still ongoing.

MrTerrorist 2011-12-15 08:18

Finally read this.
The MC looks creepy and cute. Yet i adore he willingness to try to be popular and have friends. Too bad she's shy and bad at trying. lol

I will keep reading this.

Soconfused 2011-12-16 02:48

Jesus Christ, this is one of the most depressing Manga I've read in a while. I refuse to believe a female human being could have no friends in high school, or be that insanely awkward, as not to be able to talk to a cashier at a restaurant. Even the creepiest weirdest monstrosities in my high school had friends, male and female. It must be a Japan only thing. Ugh, honestly, I feel really bad for her, and I hope this gets less depressing. :(

The end of chapter 9.5 was kind of nice, in a weird way.