AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-07-29 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3708104)
its pretty simple: its not about buying from them, its simply about competition. it might be somewhat illegal but they are still offering the same thing cheaper than bandai, so they will have to find a way to keep people at buying their stuff. thats either crushing TT Hongli or improving their own service.

oh and about gundam guys shop: yeah, as if im going to buy a single LED unit for 20 bucks! XD they are out of their damn mind.
for european people gginfinite is simply way too expensive. the kits dont have the 20% off that HLJ is offering and shipping to europe is too expensive. i dont even care about gginfinite, its not worth it for me. i can get all my stuff way cheaper at amiami and HLJ!

How is it somewhat illegal? It is illegal. I'm surprised Bandai has let TT Hongli and these other companies make & sell bootleg kits for this long.

Appel 2011-07-29 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708113)
How is it somewhat illegal? It is illegal. I'm surprised Bandai has let TT Hongli and these other companies make & sell bootleg kits for this long.

its because of legal reasons. some countries have different approaches on copyright so there actually isnt much they can do about it. thats why it takes time to go against companies like TT Hongli.

edit: woa! i had no idea the delta plus would be released on august 4th already! O_O im gonna pre-order it now, i thought it would be released around the end of the month again, like most MG releases so far :O

Tak 2011-07-29 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3708125)
its because of legal reasons. some countries have different approaches on copyright so there actually isnt much they can do about it. thats why it takes time to go against companies like TT Hongli.

Except in this case, China's copyright laws are as good as non-existent. It is a shameless behavior that had persisted for quite a long time. As we should all be aware, this is not the first time China plagiarized something from Japan, all the while fueling anti-Japan sentiments and bitching/whining about past history.

As for Bandai finally taking action, I highly doubt it would be enough to put an end to TT Hongli. I don't see Chinese authorities acting on this, and it will most possibly be just another wasted effort.

- Tak

Appel 2011-07-29 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 3708195)
Except in this case, China's copyright laws are as good as non-existent.
- Tak

i simply didnt want to put it that bluntly XD but you are totally right.

Tak 2011-07-29 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3708198)
i simply didnt want to put it that bluntly XD but you are totally right.

Couple years ago, a Chinese company managed to create a bootlegged franchise called Astro Plan that combined 00's character with Valkyries from Macross Frontier and aired it on TV for some 26 episodes.

It was pretty disgusting, but goes to show no one can do much about it. Every time someone mentions copyright and obvious plagiarism to these Chinese networks, the only answer had always been a long-winded version of the finger.

- Tak

suiton629 2011-07-29 13:08

Point is... Buying TT Hongli is supporting these Chinese piraters.

Tak 2011-07-29 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708207)
Point is... Buying TT Hongli is supporting these Chinese piraters.

Obviously, we do our best to boycott it, but we can't stop it. I definitely won't buy anything from TT Hongli, but the company still has a large domestic market base and certainly some international buyers.

- Tak

Znozzy 2011-07-29 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 3708202)
Couple years ago, a Chinese company managed to create a bootlegged franchise called Astro Plan that combined 00's character with Valkyries from Macross Frontier and aired it on TV for some 26 episodes.

It was pretty disgusting, but goes to show no one can do much about it. Every time someone mentions copyright and obvious plagiarism to these Chinese networks, the only answer had always been a long-winded version of the finger.

- Tak

starting with offtopic: just youtubed " astro plan " and excuse my language, but fuck. i got such a good laugh out of the OP song/video i can hardly breath, i've seen better things in flash.

ontopic:

the only things i would consider buying would be bootleg LED's, 20USD as someone mentioned in their previous post is unacceptable.

other than that? wouldn't support pirate companies for anything, i love my bandai, i love my MG's and HG's, i want them to keep release the things in the great quality that they do.

suiton629 2011-07-29 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3708428)
starting with offtopic: just youtubed " astro plan " and excuse my language, but fuck. i got such a good laugh out of the OP song/video i can hardly breath, i've seen better things in flash.

ontopic:

the only things i would consider buying would be bootleg LED's, 20USD as someone mentioned in their previous post is unacceptable.

other than that? wouldn't support pirate companies for anything, i love my bandai, i love my MG's and HG's, i want them to keep release the things in the great quality that they do.

The LED's are supporting Japan's economy and the Gundam model kit/modeling hobby. $20 is pretty good I would say considering that other places sell it for $25+...

And it's good to at least see that you support Bandai's MG and HG kits and not the bootleg companies.

Bootleg companies like TT Hongli should just burn.

skyboy928 2011-07-29 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708471)
The LED's are supporting Japan's economy and the Gundam model kit/modeling hobby. $20 is pretty good I would say considering that other places sell it for $25+...

And it's good to at least see that you support Bandai's MG and HG kits and not the bootleg companies.

honestly i wouldn't get those LED nowadays, they are just way too expensive. especially once you put them on, maybe turn it on at first snap couple picture, then never got turn on again, just like all of my PG, they have LED eyes or chest piece, but how often you actually turn them on? they do look cool and all, but it's not really a must have.
or maybe better yet, try to make one instead, they aren't that hard to make. just hard to make it so it fit. but a lot of you seem to love to mod your gundam right?
so it shouldn't be too hard for you guys.

after all $20 a pop, i would save it and get myself another SD instead

Znozzy 2011-07-29 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708471)

i do my share supporting to bandai, my collection is around 40~ kits which is around 20 MG's, 20 NG/HG 100's and 2 HG 1/144's(lol)

the LED's are very, very overpriced, supporting japan or not, with no pun intended, i'd rather make my own or buy cheap ones, it's not worth spending half a MG kit on a LED when i can buy one locally for around 5-15USD depending on quality and how much time im willing to put into shaping it

and rather, chinese copyright laws should burn, not specific companies, it's the laws in other countries thats the problem, in the end, bandai wants to make money, so does everyone else, including bootleggers

skyboy928 2011-07-29 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3708540)
i do my share supporting to bandai, my collection is around 40~ kits which is around 20 MG's, 20 NG/HG 100's and 2 HG 1/144's(lol)

the LED's are very, very overpriced, supporting japan or not, with no pun intended, i'd rather make my own or buy cheap ones, it's not worth spending half a MG kit on a LED when i can buy one locally for around 5-15USD depending on quality and how much time im willing to put into shaping it

and rather, chinese copyright laws should burn, not specific companies, it's the laws in other countries thats the problem, in the end, bandai wants to make money, so does everyone else, including bootleggers

totally agree. as long as one make something that sell, bootleg will follow. it's just happen to be from china most of the time, and like you said it, it's the law fault, people are just trying to make a living.
as for me, so far my entire collection is all from Bandai, which is around 13 PG, 80 MG, 44 HG, 67 SD. :D

suiton629 2011-07-29 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3708592)
totally agree. as long as one make something that sell, bootleg will follow. it's just happen to be from china most of the time, and like you said it, it's the law fault, people are just trying to make a living.
as for me, so far my entire collection is all from Bandai, which is around 13 PG, 80 MG, 44 HG, 67 SD. :D

Very impressive.

Right now mine consists of MG 00 Qan[T] and MG 00 Raiser. Both are still not made though. I have MG Exia Ignition Mode and SD 00 Qan[T] coming in the mail soon.

I used to have more, but back then, I sold it because I needed money ASAP.

>_<

I'm trying to collect all the lead 00 series (manga & anime) MG kits, and if possible the SD versions.

=P

I like the 00 series that much.

I might get the MG EW Wing series in MG and SD form too since the Wing series is what got me into Gundam.

skyboy928 2011-07-29 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708606)
Very impressive.

Right now mine consists of MG 00 Qan[T] and MG 00 Raiser. Both are still not made though. I have MG Exia Ignition Mode and SD 00 Qan[T] coming in the mail soon.

I used to have more, but back then, I sold it because I needed money ASAP.

>_<

I'm trying to collect all the lead 00 series (manga & anime) MG kits, and if possible the SD versions.

=P

I like the 00 series that much.

I might get the MG EW Wing series in MG and SD form too since the Wing series is what got me into Gundam.

i c, so you and me pretty much the same, i always want to collect at least both MG and SD of the same kit, as long as they have it, i want it, lol
as of my HG, only if i have some money to spare then i will get a few, mostly focus on the one that i already have MG as well, so it's like all 3 size like this
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...8/DSC05073.jpg

suiton629 2011-07-29 19:28

Well I figure that I go with MG and SD only since PG kits are too big and too expensive and HG kits often look like crap, need a lot of paint, limited articulation, and details missing...

>_<

SD kits are just too EPIC TIMEZ and are pretty cheap.

skyboy928 2011-07-29 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3708624)
Well I figure that I go with MG and SD only since PG kits are too big and too expensive and HG kits often look like crap, need a lot of paint, limited articulation, and details missing...

>_<

SD kits are just too EPIC TIMEZ and are pretty cheap.

since you did mention you like 00 so much, i guess you might miss out those HGUC kit, yes, they are not as detail as MG, but they are definitely better then most HG, the only problem..... they are focus on UC.

suiton629 2011-07-29 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3708631)
since you did mention you like 00 so much, i guess you might miss out those HGUC kit, yes, they are not as detail as MG, but they are definitely better then most HG, the only problem..... they are focus on UC.

Well yea..

HGUC = High Grade Universal Century

>_>

Znozzy 2011-07-30 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3708592)

very nice collection, let me ask you something, do you keep a " graveyard " for shelfjumpers? i do, it's consisting of my first kit, and leftovers from kits that broke-beyond-repairing when they decided to fall off the shelf, i've sorted them all incase i need spare parts for other kits that can be repaired, lol.

suiton629 2011-07-30 05:52

Well remember that contest thing I posted about with the card & code thing, this is a new, upcoming RG kit that came out recently and GG is including a card in this kit as well...

RG 1/144 MS-06F Mass Production Zaku II - Promotion Image
RG 1/144 MS-06F Mass Production Zaku II (Released On: Jul. 23rd 2011, Price: 2500 Yen)
GG INFINITE: PRE-ORDER ITEM (Includes: Gundam.Info X Gunpla Promotion Campaign Card)

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...aku-ii_30.html

suiton629 2011-07-30 05:58

GUNPLA WORLD EXPO 2011 - Photo Gallery [Part 1] & [Part 2]

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...o-gallery.html
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...allery_30.html

Lots of cool kits here displayed... =)

Below is a few images. There's a ton more on the 2 links.