AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

SNT1 2006-10-08 00:40

Hazel/Beltorchika's Children still has no MG love >.<

Shinji103 2006-10-08 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNT1 (Post 699923)
Hazel/Beltorchika's Children still has no MG love >.<

Well, Hi Nu Gundam has a conversion kit for the MG Nu Gundam. Victory remains deprived of anything resembling MG greatness.

Although it's true, we need a true MG Hi Nu Gundam and Nightengale. MG Hazels would be cool too. :)

C'mon, Bandai! Get over your CE cash-cowing and give us our classics!

Tak 2006-10-08 01:02

Hmm, I don't know about the Hi-Nu, I am sure you know, its not really a Mobile Suit from any Gundam franchise...

Oh, and don't completely look down on the HG Strike/Freedom, there are a lot of parts you can salvage to complement your MG kits ;)

- Tak

kct 2006-10-08 01:31

Not to mention 'convert an MG Freedom into anything else' thing. Someone here bought 3 MG Freedoms for only that.

wavehawk 2006-10-08 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 699097)
I really hate MG's hands. It's cool since the fingers can move (well, not all) but those hands can't really grab the weapons. This is the case with my Crossbone Gundam. I have to use double side tape instead to make him hold his Beam Zamber...

- There's a REASON why there's this little place where the trigger grip is supposed to connect to the hand, you know. :eyebrow: I have the Gundam MK-ii Ver 2.0 MG, and it's quite decent when holding weaponry. The F91/Crossbone hands have the same type of connector. Maybe you're just having the hand alone hold the weapon, and not actually attaching it to the connector?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meehlimo
Maybe MG strike freedoms special option is something from the new movie comming out just a guess tho.

- Urm...a DVD of Bandai upcoming gunpla catalog? (Cynical)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak
Oh, and don't completely look down on the Strike/Freedom, there are a lot of parts you can salvage to complement your MG kits

- And wouldn't you know it, I need o get parts for an F91 custom I'm working on...but you didn't hear that from me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Not to mention 'convert an MG Freedom into anything else' thing. Someone here bought 3 MG Freedoms for only that.

-That's true. Hobby Japan cannibalized parts from an MG Freedom to make an MG-quality Galbaldy Beta from Zeta Gundam (Movie version). I should scan that eventually.

Tak 2006-10-08 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct (Post 699970)

That would be me :p

- Tak

wavehawk 2006-10-08 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 699982)
That would be me :p

- Care to tell us what you had in mind to do to these? ;)

Tak 2006-10-08 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 699984)
- Care to tell us what you had in mind to do to these? ;)

With one of them, I plan to use a different color scheme, because you know how I hate default HERO GUNDAM COLORS. The second one, I am going to be as original as I can with it. As of yet, I have no basis planned for the second kit.

The third one merely functions as a backup in case the second one fails :p

I use the HG 1/100 kits as practice before I construct their immediate MG counterparts, if you know what I mean.

- Tak (But most importantly, I need time, it takes nearly a week to get anything done *grumble*)

SoranGTR 2006-10-08 07:03

My newest kit, which took me 2 days to put together. The first PG kit i ever bought and boy, did it blow a hole in my wallet

With its LEDs on

SIEG HARUHI!!!

Meehlimo 2006-10-08 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 699981)
- There's a REASON why there's this little place where the trigger grip is supposed to connect to the hand, you know. :eyebrow: I have the Gundam MK-ii Ver 2.0 MG, and it's quite decent when holding weaponry. The F91/Crossbone hands have the same type of connector. Maybe you're just having the hand alone hold the weapon, and not actually attaching it to the connector?*)

No on the bean zamber there is no peg for where the hand peg is suposed to attach. im kindda pissed myself i had to heat up the end of a jewlers screwdriver and made one for it.

Tak 2006-10-08 11:10

Hey SoranGTR, ya gonna paint that? Its an utter waste if you get a PG kit, and not do anything to enhance its quality. ;)

- Tak

SoranGTR 2006-10-08 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 700327)
Hey SoranGTR, ya gonna paint that? Its an utter waste if you get a PG kit, and not do anything to enhance its quality. ;)

- Tak

I'm trying to perfect my painting techniques first on my HG kits first, before i try them on my pride and joy...:heh: :heh: :heh:

No airbrush means any painting i do will be with hand brushes, not to mention i have no idea how to use a air-brush, although i have quite abit of hand-painting experience from painting Battletech metal minis...

My painting attempts on my HG 1/144 kits

Tak 2006-10-08 12:54

^ Those aren't bad. I like the Prov. especially. Keep it up.

Seriously, you can take the worst piece of crap model, but with a good paint job, you can make it look just as professional. Its all about the paint man, the paint... (and polish)

- Tak

J_Ridden 2006-10-08 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoranGTR (Post 700370)
I'm trying to perfect my painting techniques first on my HG kits first, before i try them on my pride and joy...:heh: :heh: :heh:

No airbrush means any painting i do will be with hand brushes, not to mention i have no idea how to use a air-brush, although i have quite abit of hand-painting experience from painting Battletech metal minis...

My painting attempts on my HG 1/144 kits

They look good, even though it looks like you painted only minor details. I like Strike Noir's head. Did you have fun painting all of Legend's DRAGOON's beam guns? :p I had so much troubles with the 1:100 version, I can't imagine what it's like with the 1:144 one. What did you use to make the pannel lines?

SoranGTR 2006-10-08 14:15

Well, i'm not very fussy as a modeller. If the plastic's color looks close to how the Gundam looks in the anime, i leave it alone. However, HG 1/144 kits have this tendency to come with a lot of parts in one solid color (like Legend's beam rifle for instance), which to me screams "start painting". My mininum standard is for them to look like how they do in the anime.

Legend's DRAGOON's beam guns were a pain to do, especially since there are 8 small ones and 2 big ones. The small black and red sections on them were done with my smallest brush, which took quite a while. Panel-lining, i use a Sakura Micron 0.25mm pen.

Syn13 2006-10-08 16:44

Building the X1 right now, maybe I haven't build a MG in a while but the pieces seem smaller and harder so now my fingers are in pain! Spent some couple of hours on it and only built the body, right arm and head. The skull heart piece for the chest doesn't snap in so I had to use some cement glue for it...

Hmmm, the replaced plastice for the polycap kinda scare me because I'm afraid for I adjust it alot, the plastic will grind...Hows everyone's MG F91's joints, are they holding up good after alot of movement?

kct 2006-10-08 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 700005)
With one of them, I plan to use a different color scheme, because you know how I hate default HERO GUNDAM COLORS.

Like the MG Freedom ---> Strike Freedom from G-CUSTOM? That one looks kind of cool.

Tak 2006-10-08 20:08

G-Custom is a very great site for modeling references. If I can ever be as good as him, which requires not only skill but a lot of freetime (& money, that always helps), then I will be satisified. In the mean time... I've got a mountain worth of kits to do :p

- Tak

strike66 2006-10-08 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoranGTR (Post 700171)
My newest kit, which took me 2 days to put together. The first PG kit i ever bought and boy, did it blow a hole in my wallet

Nice wzc soran, just wondering, do u have problems with the wzc wings drooping down? my pg has that problem when i try to get it in that pose where it has its wings spread out

duotiga 2006-10-09 08:50

1/100 Saviour Boxart Preview

http://img2.imagepile.net/img2/10626...c9f7e7616a.jpg

seems like those 5 early members who send their address can get preorder their Saviour earlier......