AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2015-05-24 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5543089)
So I have to decided... Cathedral or Lightning Zeta + Denial + Transient... :heh:

3 > 1

Math wins

Or you can look at it the other way round if money is a factor

Cathedral alone is less than the 3 kits together easily, so it wins in that regard (but more than a single kit of the 3 listed)

Tormenk 2015-05-24 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5543089)
So I have to decided... Cathedral or Lightning Zeta + Denial + Transient... :heh:

Exclusive first. Regular releases can always be sourced somewhere else later for the same price.

RRW 2015-05-26 10:52

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0...2837%2529.jpeg

Galaxian 2015-05-27 12:42

Got my HG Mega Shiki today... The kit is bigger than I expected... :eyespin:

Patriot's Blade 2015-05-27 12:56

so are there plans to release some form of kit for the Atlas Gundam of the Thunderbolt fame?

LoweGear 2015-05-28 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 5545374)

I will buy this thing just for the boxart alone :eek::eek::eek:

wavehawk 2015-05-28 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 5540280)
What's with this obsession with Cathedral Gundam?

- I don't like the gold. That said, I like the Cathedral's design better than the Denial's since it looks more like a conventional design. Wish it was a regular as opposed to an exclusive. Not willing to fork out extra for it. ...yet, anyway.

Might just get 2 Denials and mod one of them. I guess you could say I'm doubly in Denial.

Speaking of @#%$@!#$NG exclusives I want:Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
...dammit.

bio9205 2015-05-28 20:39

Is the Cathedral related to the story at all, or just a variant Bandai decided to throw out as a model kit only?

Rising Dragon 2015-05-28 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 5547281)
Is the Cathedral related to the story at all, or just a variant Bandai decided to throw out as a model kit only?

It will appear in the Gundam Build Fighters Amazing manga series, which is a prequel to Gundam Build Fighters season 1, as the gunpla of Shouki Someya.

Blazer-X 2015-05-28 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5547283)
It will appear in the Gundam Build Fighters Amazing manga series, which is a prequel to Gundam Build Fighters season 1, as the gunpla of Shouki Someya.

Speaking of which (slightly off topic), did we ever get the story of chapter 14 and onward? I want to know what happened to the Second Meijin.

On topic:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UFxHKy_Q2y...ntitled-11.jpg

Phoenix6000 2015-05-29 13:53

I've looked at both the HG manuals, but wondered if anyone with both kits could confirm for me. Would it be possible to swap out an Exia's forearms for the ones on the Transient? Then we could finally have Exia with bendable elbows. :p

Skye629 2015-05-29 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 5547338)
Speaking of which (slightly off topic), did we ever get the story of chapter 14 and onward? I want to know what happened to the Second Meijin.

On topic:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UFxHKy_Q2y...ntitled-11.jpg

Hot damn that boxart

Cant wait for the kit

@_@

Patriot's Blade 2015-05-30 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 (Post 5547966)
I've looked at both the HG manuals, but wondered if anyone with both kits could confirm for me. Would it be possible to swap out an Exia's forearms for the ones on the Transient? Then we could finally have Exia with bendable elbows. :p

its a wonder how the HG O Gundam managed to get fully bendable elbows while his children is stuck in 'L' swivel range, it doesn't have to do with budget issues right? unless i miss something? Bandai was still experimenting during that time? :heh:

mangatron 2015-05-30 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 5536728)

Oh tell me this is real, I must look up her skirt :heh::heh:

Bonta Kun 2015-05-30 14:47

Oh great more crap I must own, bloody Metal Build Strike Freedom....

I will forever curse my friend for ever talking me into this daft hobby!

p.s too further fall prey to this madness I ordered a RG Raiser and HGBF R-Gyagya.

I wouldn't have actually bothered with the RG 00 Raiser as I already have the a HG of it but then I also have the HG Seven Sword and since the 00 Raiser is one of my more favourite models, just had to get it.

Porbably one of the fwer peeps that likes the 00 Raiser over Exia.

Next up, to get HG Wing Zero Honoo and Ez-SR....

helois 2015-05-30 14:50

i've a question and online i din't find an answer:

what are the difference between MG Banshee last battle e MG Banshee last battle (reissue)?

beacause somewhere the reissue is less expensive..

thanks!

Skye629 2015-05-30 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5548660)
its a wonder how the HG O Gundam managed to get fully bendable elbows while his children is stuck in 'L' swivel range, it doesn't have to do with budget issues right? unless i miss something? Bandai was still experimenting during that time? :heh:

First of all, the first 00 kits from S1 was when HG's were stepping up their quality from the SEED/DESTINY line which preceded it

O Gundam came later during the second batch of 00 kits from S2, which were QUITE improved from what was learned/done for the S1 kits (not all of them are bad btw, Im mainly looking at the main 4 CB units from S1)

And it so happens that the HG O Gundam you mentioned happens to have one of the best HG articulation/stability in the 00 line. Its easily the second best one out there after the 00 Gundam

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 5548696)
Oh tell me this is real, I must look up her skirt :heh::heh:

Nope, custom built kit, not standard release

Quote:

Originally Posted by helois (Post 5549076)
i've a question and online i din't find an answer:

what are the difference between MG Banshee last battle e MG Banshee last battle (reissue)?

beacause somewhere the reissue is less expensive..

thanks!

I believe the original final battle version have gold decals and is patterned after the Ver.Ka kit and the novel design/appearance

The new one is based off the OVA kit/series, and its a recolor of the Banshee Norn Exclusive kit, which comes with the new Armed Armor parts + new Beam Magnum attachments

The original one might be more expensive due to it simply being extremely rare/hard to find nowadays, while the other one might be more expensive simply because its also exclusive, and with much more plastic

wavehawk 2015-05-30 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 5548696)
Oh tell me this is real:heh::heh:

- It's not real.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Porbably one of the fwer peeps that likes the 00 Raiser over Exia.

- ....*
<<--(has both RGs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629
First of all, the first 00 kits from S1 was when HG's were stepping up their quality from the SEED/DESTINY line which preceded it

- More to it than that. Design and materials. The first season 00 kits used a lot of ABS plastic parts (you'll probably remember the Stargazer and Strike Noir kits has a lot of ABS parts as well). Bandai was experimenting with ABS plastic to get more detailed but flexible parts with less need for polycaps.

It was kind of hit or miss, because ABS allowed them to make parts without worrying too much about how to fit a polycap in there, but unfortunately this became a problem when the ABS parts broke or didn't fit too well (ABS cement wasn't too common among gunpla builders at the time). For the Second Season kits, most of them had a redesign and a new set of polycaps were introduced.

I'll get some photos and show the different types of polycaps used the past few years for HG kits.

If you've been building any of the newer HG kits or the HGBF kits, you'll probably also have noticed that most of them don't have polycaps for the elbows anymore, but are using styrene plastic instead of ABS plastic for the joints.

wavehawk 2015-05-30 23:10

These are the more common polycaps for 1/144 Gunpla kits from 1993 onward. Not including the Victory kits since most of them had an entire polyethylene inner frame (which I was not fond of due to them falling apart). There are also a couple of HGUC or SEED kits that might have used a different kind of polycap frame due to their design (some hefty kits like the HGUC Gelgoog Marine actually used MG polycaps).

FYI: Not all polycap photos are mine, I got most off the net as I no longer have intact polycaps for older kits after using most of the spares. Image heavy.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Galaxian 2015-05-31 14:14

Currently assembling my RG Freedom kit and I'm kind of running into a problem. In the wrist, is the piece that goes between the hand and the rest of the arm suppose to be loose? Because I can't seem to get it to stay fixed in place.