AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Galaxian 2015-10-08 13:00

Has anyone here built HG Transient Gundam? Is the model worth it?

Skye629 2015-10-08 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5672798)
Has anyone here built HG Transient Gundam? Is the model worth it?

Haven't built it personally but from all the reviews I have seen on Youtube and whatnot
it seems to be totally worth it

IMO the only things you can really level against it are personal tastes (dislike of design or lack of guns/traditional gundam weapons) and perhaps the lack of Transient Burst effect parts

Skye629 2015-10-11 01:05

Who here has the MG Nu Ver Ka?

Do anyone know if the stand that comes with the kit work for other MGs/will it take different action base adaptors???

And on another note, what would be a good MG to pose with/against my MG Z'gok (I managed to salvage/fix the broken parts, so building is once again able to proceed, thank god)?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-10-11 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5675697)
And on another note, what would be a good MG to pose with/against my MG Z'gok (I managed to salvage/fix the broken parts, so building is once again able to proceed, thank god)?

Well, since you have MG Char’s Z’Gok, if you want to follow the story than you can pose it with the following MGs:
  • Against: MG GM or MG Gundam RX-78-2 (those are the only MSs that Char fought with his Z’Gok)
  • With: MG Acguy or a bunch of them (Char lead a squad of Acguys in the attack on Jaburo. He’s like the 'Red Ranger' of the team :heh:)

Galaxian 2015-10-11 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5675697)
Who here has the MG Nu Ver Ka?

Do anyone know if the stand that comes with the kit work for other MGs/will it take different action base adaptors???

My biggest issue with the figure is its plastic-white color. With other figures, there tends to be enough color variety to draw attention from the white parts, but with Transient, the plastic-white dominates the figure. I feel that I might have to paint the figure... And I'm not good at that...

Skye629 2015-10-11 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxian (Post 5676652)
My biggest issue with the figure is its plastic-white color. With other figures, there tends to be enough color variety to draw attention from the white parts, but with Transient, the plastic-white dominates the figure. I feel that I might have to paint the figure... And I'm not good at that...

Personally I think it has enough clear blue to stand out

As for color contrasts, perhaps you can weather/battle damage it instead if you dont want to paint it?

Skye629 2015-10-11 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5675757)
Well, since you have MG Char’s Z’Gok, if you want to follow the story than you can pose it with the following MGs:
  • Against: MG GM or MG Gundam RX-78-2 (those are the only MSs that Char fought with his Z’Gok)
  • With: MG Acguy or a bunch of them (Char lead a squad of Acguys in the attack on Jaburo. He’s like the 'Red Ranger' of the team :heh:)

Aw darn, pretty limited options then ._., hmmm Ill try to think of something

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-13 11:54

so who else here owns an HG GP02A who has its hand holding the shield magically broke-off by itself as not even in an action pose display & supported by its own leg & foot where the bottom of the shield rests, it fucking happened to me twice with two different kits!! rather stay with an MG GP02A instead!!

GameraBaenre 2015-10-13 14:17

One month away folks! http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=3990

Special edition Char's T-shirt may help you build 3x faster, available only at the show:
http://gamerabaenre.com/wp-content/u...15-003_JPG.jpg

And we did this:

http://gamerabaenre.com/wp-content/u...tta_scgmc2.jpg

If you're in Southern California in the middle of November (Nov 14), come to our event, it's a damn good contest with tons of activities!

Chibiloli 2015-10-15 05:09

Anybody here got that kit with the Barbatos Cannon? I was wondering if it had an extra worker pod and if not, what arethe incentives to getting this kit twice aside from spare equipment, got plenty of those from Japanese companies on Amazon already.

Skye629 2015-10-15 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5679146)
Anybody here got that kit with the Barbatos Cannon? I was wondering if it had an extra worker pod and if not, what arethe incentives to getting this kit twice aside from spare equipment, got plenty of those from Japanese companies on Amazon already.

Its an equipment set so thats really all there is to it

Unless of course you are hellbent on making a small army/squadron of the mobile workers for one reason or another

Router25 2015-10-15 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5679504)

Unless of course you are hellbent on making a small army/squadron of the mobile workers for one reason or another

An HG mobile worker platoon, well it is the main show in ep1 so its possible unless bandai is offering the 'full armor option ' along with the said platoon (that is, to buy A LOT of the option parts)

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-15 20:24

so can any of you guys give me a tip on how to remedy my repeated problems of an HG GP02A's hand breaking off from holding its massive shield? that is much worse if you stored the half of its bazooka in it, despite the shield being supported by resting on its own leg & foot or using a special stand for that matter, the handle is slowly murdering the hand pegs even without anybody touched that thing or sealed up in a display case,
that along with the HG Jagd Doga's stupid arm disabling shields is my wish list that they will have the HG revival treatment that will fix the mold issues.

Skye629 2015-10-16 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade (Post 5679645)
so can any of you guys give me a tip on how to remedy my repeated problems of an HG GP02A's hand breaking off from holding its massive shield? that is much worse if you stored the half of its bazooka in it, despite the shield being supported by resting on its own leg & foot or using a special stand for that matter, the handle is slowly murdering the hand pegs even without anybody touched that thing or sealed up in a display case,
that along with the HG Jagd Doga's stupid arm disabling shields is my wish list that they will have the HG revival treatment that will fix the mold issues.

Which part of the hand is breaking off/being affected?

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-16 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5679805)
Which part of the hand is breaking off/being affected?

well simply its the smaller secondary peg attachment at the thumb area, that will detach by itself if you were lucky enough, i could have sworn that was engineered the wrong way, i mean how can a thin, tiny & fragile peg like that was used to support a huge weight in the first place? they should made it bigger & thicker for such role.

Skye629 2015-10-16 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade (Post 5679863)
well simply its the smaller secondary peg attachment at the thumb area, that will detach by itself if you were lucky enough, i could have sworn that was engineered the wrong way, i mean how can a thin, tiny & fragile peg like that was used to support a huge weight in the first place? they should made it bigger & thicker for such role.

Took a look at the kit on Dalong

That hand design is more or less the "updated" modern holding hands found on HGUC kits that are still around to today. They were never designed specifically for one kit, but rather for ease of swapping around weapons and making for a more detailed (and in most cases a more secure hand)

Unfortunately the GP-02s design complicates this, in particular that giant ass shield which only the SD can hold properly (due to SD scaling)

I think the main (modding) solution you have for this is to use a common fix of making your own peg connection system, by removing the peg on the thumb/finger part, drilling a hole of the same diameter into it carefully (where the old peg used to be with a drill bit, not all the way through either), then find a small metal pipe/rod of the same diameter of both holes, cut it down so it fits perfectly in both (with the hand looking like you never did anything if you did it right when put together), then super glue/cement the rod into the main hand. Now you have a stronger peg that goes through both parts, and is much tougher. You can find vids of this type of stuff on Youtube

Assuming of course, you want to retain the ability to take the shield on and off

And of course, it may be more trouble than what its worth (even if you fix the problem of the hands coming apart, the wrist/elbow/arm itself may not be able to support the weight). So only do this with extreme caution

Another option you have is to try buying aftermarket/supplementary HG sized hands and trying those out to see if they fare any better than the ones that come with the kit. I personally suggest this as the top option. Might set you back some cash, but worse case scenario if they dont work you can use them for other kits/as backup

Patriot's Blade 2015-10-16 05:25

^ thanks for the help :smile:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-10-18 06:41

Yep, my doubts about MG Altron/Nataku’s Dragon Hangs’ engineering has proven true. And just as I predicted, Bandai still can’t really solve the problem.

Based on Hacchaka’s review below, the Dragon Hangs still rely on (lame) connections similar to the HG 1/144 & 1/100. Parts are bound to loose and of course you can't launched the DHs without any stand or support. I guess this really is the fault of the design:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Katoki....what have you done? The DHs of both Shenlong & Altron suck. Shenlong’s DH looks weird and Altron’s DH just doesn’t work mechanically. You got beaten by Okawara when it comes to designing DH, Katoki.

Skye629 2015-10-18 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5681698)
Yep, my doubts about MG Altron/Nataku’s Dragon Hangs’ engineering has proven true. And just as I predicted, Bandai still can’t really solve the problem.

Based on Hacchaka’s review below, the Dragon Hangs still rely on (lame) connections similar to the HG 1/144 & 1/100. Parts are bound to loose and of course you can't launched the DHs without any stand or support. I guess this really is the fault of the design:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Katoki....what have you done? The DHs of both Shenlong & Altron suck. Shenlong’s DH looks weird and Altron’s DH just doesn’t work mechanically. You got beaten by Okawara when it comes to designing DH, Katoki.

Yeah can't really work around the design

At any rate I don't think the connections for the arms/necks? won't come loose....as long as the dragon heads are not that heavy. And if its extended its gonna be on a base of some sort, so its not gonna wear the joints that much

Im just glad they did throw in the bases and extra connection parts to lengthen the arms. Its probably about the best we are ever gonna get given the design

Skye629 2015-10-19 04:19

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4LQOxQphJz...ntitled-16.jpg