AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Router25 2016-04-01 08:26

Parts replacement order is exclusive to japan, I think (every manual has one).
And I do not think any retail store would just open up a kit just to sell you a part.
there might be some cheap Japanese surplus with gundam kits on them , but I'm also sure it won't be easy finding what you need.
Last choice would be fixing it yourself before buying a new one.

Skye629 2016-04-01 18:29

My brother once broke a piece on his MG unicorn and emailed Bandai, they offered to send him a replacement part (surprisingly), however he never followed up on it since things came up so I have no idea how much it would have cost him. No idea if they would do that today either. I believe he contacted their hobby branch/division

Might be worth a shot (we live in the US)

xeviouses 2016-04-21 21:44

Thinking of customizing a GM Sniper K9 into a melee variant, anybody got alternatives for the backpack?

Skye629 2016-04-22 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5834797)
Thinking of customizing a GM Sniper K9 into a melee variant, anybody got alternatives for the backpack?

How heavily are you gonna be modding it?

Are you looking for compatible stuff such as the BF option parts or are you gonna be modding to the point where you make anything work?

xeviouses 2016-04-22 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5835027)
How heavily are you gonna be modding it?

Are you looking for compatible stuff such as the BF option parts or are you gonna be modding to the point where you make anything work?

Option parts compatibility, I tried my hand in full modding once.

It didn't end well for my FAZZ.

Faux Mecha 2016-04-22 09:44

sigh, if only they didn't cancel the MG Gafran or any of the Vagan suits still in the works, I'm kinda grown attached to their underrated dragon themed oddball designs, a normal 1/100 or RE version is also fine by me.

wavehawk 2016-04-22 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5835142)

- I'm currently moddign my HGUC ZZ gundam with the older 1/144 FAZZ armor parts.

I WILL AVENGE YOU, BROTHER!!!!

xeviouses 2016-04-22 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5835198)
- I'm currently moddign my HGUC ZZ gundam with the older 1/144 FAZZ armor parts.

I WILL AVENGE YOU, BROTHER!!!!

I shall pray for your success!

and hope that your ZZ doesn't end up like my FAZZ.

Skye629 2016-04-22 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5835142)

The K9/GM Sniper uses a 2 peg attachment one the backpack, so youre gonna have to find a kit with the same style of attaching, or buy one of the BF option part sets that have an adaptor piece that would allow you to attach other packs

Something like the sword impulse pack or sub arms for the back comes to mind for melee options

Skye629 2016-04-22 20:53

P-Bandai MG Powered GM.....hmmmmm possible Cardigan release in the future? As long as thats not P-Bandai too.........

1/100 Kimaris Trooper coming after the Graze Kai along with an exclusive 1/100 Barbatos that comes with everything

xeviouses 2016-04-22 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5835500)
The K9/GM Sniper uses a 2 peg attachment one the backpack, so youre gonna have to find a kit with the same style of attaching, or buy one of the BF option part sets that have an adaptor piece that would allow you to attach other packs

Something like the sword impulse pack or sub arms for the back comes to mind for melee options

Sword Impulse sounds good and I'll see if its possible to attach Gusions extra arms or failing that, The Os sub-arms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5835501)
1/100 Kimaris Trooper coming after the Graze Kai along with an exclusive 1/100 Barbatos that comes with everything

I though 1/100 Barbatos came out already?

Still waiting for 1/100 Graze Ein.

Router25 2016-04-23 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5835501)

an exclusive 1/144 Barbatos that comes with everything

It might be nice if the 1/100 ver comes up, but it seems I'm already contented with form 4.

SonicSP 2016-04-23 12:15

It's not gonna happen because of the different molds but I want a HG Barbatos Form 2.

I'm making one right now but my painting sucks. Would like to have a proper official version.

Tormenk 2016-04-24 00:34

1/100 Kimaris Trooper tickles my fancy even though I have the HG waiting to be built. 1/100 scale Destroyer lance and centaur hovercraft mode will be awesome.

Skye629 2016-04-24 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 5836044)
It's not gonna happen because of the different molds but I want a HG Barbatos Form 2.

I'm making one right now but my painting sucks. Would like to have a proper official version.

Sorta hard to do....theres so little to change and the shoulders/gauntlet we already have in other kits

Even if they did do it the blue/white on the shoulders will probably just be stickers

EDIT: Wait dont you have some hope that the new P-Bandai HG Barbatos set might have what you want?

xeviouses 2016-04-24 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 5836044)

Isn't Form 2 the one with Graze shoulder armor? Can't you just use the Schwalbe Graze shoulder?

Sure it has additional thrusters but color should match easily.

EDIT:

Still waiting for the Astaroth kit..

wavehawk 2016-04-24 06:34

Schwalbe Graze has a different shoulder armor module fromt he stock Graze, so that's not going to work.

xeviouses 2016-04-24 06:44

Oh...doesn't have Schwalbe Graze kit

How'd the FAZZ go?

wavehawk 2016-04-25 01:57

on hold at the moment as I'm thinking through how to install the belt feed system for the Large Hyper Mega Cannon (the space between the backpack is too small on the HGUC ZZ) as well as whether I want to edit the backpack Beam Cannons to Sentinel-style FAZZ or keep the old ZZ Beam Cannon/Saber versions. The Double Beam Rifle is also on hold as the HGUC ZZ version is FUGE and a bit too big to just build as-is and attach to the right arm like the FAZZ version..

As much as I'd like to make it into a pure Sentinel FAZZ, I don't have sufficient skill to scratchbuild the FAZZ-type head (it's longer and more detailed than the stock ZZ Gundam head).

Plus, I got sidetracked building some of the Little Armory 1/12 weapon kits---specifically the gun rack.

SonicSP 2016-04-25 03:12

My friend forwarded this to me today but I don't know where it's originally from. I don't know whether it's been shown before but it looks to be an annoucement of a P-Bandai HG 1/144 Gundam Barbatos Complete Collection kit. Release date July with the price still being TBD if I'm reading it correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5836684)
Isn't Form 2 the one with Graze shoulder armor? Can't you just use the Schwalbe Graze shoulder?

Sure it has additional thrusters but color should match easily.

EDIT:

Still waiting for the Astaroth kit..

Well the Form 2/3 also has to be painted white on a specific part of the shoulder, it is apparently quite an important part of the immersion since the blue and white to really emphasizes it's "Gundam-ness". Well at least that's what my heart says anyways. :heh:

In any case, I caved to temptation and bought another HG Barbatos Kit and use the shoulders on my Graze kit and painted it blue (I also had to paint all the blue parts from the new HG Barbatos blue, so it matches better). I don't have the time nor the patience to build the thing yet (I loath the building process) but eventually I guess.