AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

kgrodriguez 2016-06-06 08:19

Hey guys, would like to read some of your thoughts.

Someone just gave me a MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth. What are your opinions and/or build tips on this kit?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-06-06 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5867800)
Hey guys, would like to read some of your thoughts.

Someone just gave me a MG Crossbone Gundam X-1 Full Cloth. What are your opinions and/or build tips on this kit?

Prepare your markers or paints, you're gonna need them (especially for the weapons). It's a good build, but articulation-wise MG Crossbone is always so-so. MG Full Cloth is basically a near-brick kit that will look the best just standing up and appears menacing (like FAZZ & FA Unicorn). But if you get rid of the main cloth, you can have it in a more dynamic poses with its vast array of arsenal (you'd have to fiddle with them). It's still a good kit in general.

kgrodriguez 2016-06-06 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5868100)
Prepare your markers or paints, you're gonna need them (especially for the weapons). It's a good build, but articulation-wise MG Crossbone is always so-so. MG Full Cloth is basically a near-brick kit that will look the best just standing up and appears menacing (like FAZZ & FA Unicorn). But if you get rid of the main cloth, you can have it in a more dynamic poses with its vast array of arsenal (you'd have to fiddle with them). It's still a good kit in general.

Yeah, I thought that articulation would take a hit due to the cloth. I just hope I find a pose I'd love aside from just standing there looking menacing.

xeviouses 2016-06-06 20:20

There's not much, even with action bases.

The cloth stifles articulation range so much. If you open the cloth for arm articulation, you'll find that interferes with frontal leg poses instead.

Skullheart configuration is better IMO.

kgrodriguez 2016-06-07 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5868233)
There's not much, even with action bases.

The cloth stifles articulation range so much. If you open the cloth for arm articulation, you'll find that interferes with frontal leg poses instead.

Skullheart configuration is better IMO.

Ohh..:eyebrow:

That sucks. Now i'm not sure if I still am excited to build this kit.

xeviouses 2016-06-07 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5868338)
Ohh..:eyebrow:

That sucks. Now i'm not sure if I still am excited to build this kit.

Build it anyway, its still a great kit and from what I understand you got it for free right? No reason not to.

Plus if you forgo the Cloth you still have X-1 Skullheart.

Faux Mecha 2016-06-08 09:34

as someone who collects Graze units, i hate it when one suit that plays a major role in the show is an exclusive that is Gaelio's Schwalbe,
i had no other choice but to try recolor Mcgillis's unit & buy the Option Parts set with the lance unit & said lance unit is in full black color when unpainted, why? :heh:

xeviouses 2016-06-08 09:55

At least its black, generic it may be it goes with everything.

The sword in Option set 4 that goes with the Kimaris's booster? It's an eyesearing purple, the entire sword is purple! And its for the Graze to boot too. urgh.

Skye629 2016-06-08 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 (Post 5869144)
as someone who collects Graze units, i hate it when one suit that plays a major role in the show is an exclusive that is Gaelio's Schwalbe,
i had no other choice but to try recolor Mcgillis's unit & buy the Option Parts set with the lance unit & said lance unit is in full black color when unpainted, why? :heh:

Well it didnt really have a major role at all, you could have replaced it with any other graze unit and the story probably wouldnt have changed at all

Just bandai milking recolors/slight variants

That being said, the 1/100 exclusive version lance comes in off white, not sure about the 1/144 one.

Also probably gonna pick up the 1/100 Graze Kai when it comes out, it got nice accessories and have the option of making a Ground type. We'll probably see an exclusive 1/100 Ryuseigo but I dont think I wanna shell out for it

wavehawk 2016-06-11 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibiloli (Post 5864005)
Anybody know where I can get a harpoon weapon for my HG kits?

- Someone had a similar idea, just bigger:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-i-iFwPC6y...titled-137.png

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-06-11 11:00

^ That's no harpoon! That's a freakin' anchor!!! :uhoh:

And, is that custom supposed to resemble a character? If so, who is it? Captain Ahab?

xeviouses 2016-06-11 11:41

I wonder what the Anchor/Harpoon is made from? It kinda looks like a screw...

wavehawk 2016-06-12 05:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5871634)
^ That's no harpoon! That's a freakin' anchor!!! :uhoh:

<<--from Australia. Remember? :D We don't go by half-measures here.

kgrodriguez 2016-06-12 23:00

I just finished building the 1/100 MG Banshee. Looks great, and it was a fun build. Now I am looking for a Unicorn to eventually pair up with him.

The question is, should I get the Ver. OVA or Ver. Ka?

Not really interested in the Full Armor - looks way too clunky.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-06-12 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5872845)
The question is, should I get the Ver. OVA or Ver. Ka?

Get the OVA. And if you have extra money, get MG Unicorn + MS Cage. More bang for your buck if you like display-hangar.

kgrodriguez 2016-06-13 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5872864)
Get the OVA. And if you have extra money, get MG Unicorn + MS Cage. More bang for your buck if you like display-hangar.

Is there a package where it comes with the MS Cage or will I buy that separately? I just searched for it and it looks fun - though I think I'd need an action base as well as I wouldn't want the Unicorn just standing there.

Also, why is the OVA better than the Ka?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-06-13 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5873060)
Is there a package where it comes with the MS Cage or will I buy that separately? I just searched for it and it looks fun - though I think I'd need an action base as well as I wouldn't want the Unicorn just standing there.

Buy this package for Unicorn + MS Cage:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig10/10106671.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5873060)
Also, why is the OVA better than the Ka?

It's more OVA accurate. It has actual head-vulcans and slightly better articulation (knee-bend, elbow-bend, etc). It's basically like your regular MG Banshee. MG Banshee regular is nicer than any KA-version since it's based on the OVA-mold. Oh, and Unicorn OVA's beam-saber's clear-part is blue instead of pink, just like when Banagher was about to slice Sinanju in the OVA.

Router25 2016-06-13 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5873080)
Buy this package for Unicorn + MS Cage:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig10/10106671.jpg

It's more OVA accurate. It has actual head-vulcans and slightly better articulation (knee-bend, elbow-bend, etc). It's basically like your regular MG Banshee. MG Banshee regular is nicer than any KA-version since it's based on the OVA-mold. Oh, and Unicorn OVA's beam-saber's clear-part is blue instead of pink, just like when Banagher was about to slice Sinanju in the OVA.

Though it would be nice if they could upgrade it into ver 2.0 based on the PG schematics

xeviouses 2016-06-13 11:57

I dunno, the PG was a little too complicated.

On the other hand, till now I wasn't aware that Bandai released an MG Unicorn + Cage. (I only cared about MG Delta Plus.) Hmm...money time to disappear.

Chibiloli 2016-06-17 21:23

Alright, Astaroth rifle!
http://hlj.com/product/kdkgpa002
Gunpla ace? Oh, do they sell these if I order the issue on Amazon?