AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-06-12 21:48

What the hell is that little halo thing between the two big horns?

Okamidum 2009-06-12 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2449995)

I believe its a little thing for when he fires that thing from its chest.

LoweGear 2009-06-13 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2450062)
I believe its a little thing for when he fires that thing from its chest.

Not really. Not only does the ring not appear when the Susanowo fired its belly cannon at the 00 Raiser, but the ring first appears on the Masurao, and that didn't have the belly cannon system. Also, the translation names the ring as a "Beam Chackram", which makes the ring a weapon in and of itself.

LightningZERO 2009-06-13 12:21

So another unused weapon. What a shame...

Susanowo looks real good. It will be the first non Gundam kit that I purchase :D

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-06-13 20:05

They need to stop with this "weapons only seen on the model kit" crap.

Amber.Dawn 2009-06-13 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2450955)
So another unused weapon. What a shame...

Susanowo looks real good. It will be the first non Gundam kit that I purchase :D

Non-Gundam? Hmm, to me, anything from the Gundam series counts as a Gundam, even the cannon fodder Zaku's....

MakubeX2 2009-06-13 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2450955)

It's great that you can tolerate the screwed up proportion. But I still strongly suggest that you save up for for Tamashii Masurao.

LightningZERO 2009-06-13 23:51

I think it's harder to find a Tamashii figure in my country...and I like Susanowo color better

Kelrys 2009-06-14 00:00

U from around south east asia?

I cant seem to find any damashi in local stores. Only MSiA and they cost alot more than models.

LightningZERO 2009-06-14 07:56

Ya, from Malaysia. Something you can find it, something you can't

SonicSP 2009-06-14 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2452316)
Ya, from Malaysia. Something you can find it, something you can't

And sometimes when you can find something it's ridiculously expensive.....oh well,that's import economics for ya.I can't believe Japanese buy their HG 00 for......something like 10 bunks for them.Cost 40 bucks here.

I have never seen a Robot Damashii figure here I think, and even before MSIA's were rare and expensive.Thank God HGs are plentiful and easy to find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2451520)
They need to stop with this "weapons only seen on the model kit" crap.

At least for the 00 series they can't because it's mostly finished.It's nice to know that certain suits has more to them,for me Arche's rifle is really nice..........

Question:Before painting[Airbrushing] your kit,how important is it that you sandpaper the surface?And what are the consequences if you don't?

Sworra 2009-06-14 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2452510)
Question:Before painting[Airbrushing] your kit,how important is it that you sandpaper the surface?And what are the consequences if you don't?

You don't need to sand all surface area just the places from the nubs, that is what i do. If you really want to go hardcore you can sand everything but you might risk sanding off panel lines and detail off the kit. But keep in mind to use high grit sand paper on the final stage of the sanding area or you will have scratches.. Prime the pieces to see if any of the scratches show, if they do sand again and repeat with the primer. If you want to be lazy you don't have to prime but it helps. There aren't really any consequences if you don't sand your kit, its your decision if you want to or not. Example painting your kit to not painting your kit, if you paint your kit it will look better then a none painted one but i have seen kits look good with out paint but have panel lines showing with flat top coat. There are many ways of doing things.

kakakka 2009-06-14 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2449995)

Some sort of GN-Manipulation that Masurao used in episode 16. I heard its used to sort of boost the suit's speed (and power?).

SonicSP 2009-06-15 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2452872)
You don't need to sand all surface area just the places from the nubs, that is what i do. If you really want to go hardcore you can sand everything but you might risk sanding off panel lines and detail off the kit. But keep in mind to use high grit sand paper on the final stage of the sanding area or you will have scratches.. Prime the pieces to see if any of the scratches show, if they do sand again and repeat with the primer. If you want to be lazy you don't have to prime but it helps. There aren't really any consequences if you don't sand your kit, its your decision if you want to or not. Example painting your kit to not painting your kit, if you paint your kit it will look better then a none painted one but i have seen kits look good with out paint but have panel lines showing with flat top coat. There are many ways of doing things.

I want to get started with painting,but I have no experience nor desire to sand yet until I see myself the downside of not sanding to see how it affects the final product.I guess it's one of those things you desire after you get experience.

A year in the half ago,I was just happy with buiding a HG,never mind panel lines,completing colours,nubs leftovers.

Perhaps I'll start with flat coal painting first,someone told me it makes a big difference with using it and not using it.But with very little time on my hands,I barely have enough to build new kits let alone mod them to perfection,I guess during the break.

Thanks for your tips.

Sworra 2009-06-15 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2454460)
I want to get started with painting,but I have no experience nor desire to sand yet until I see myself the downside of not sanding to see how it affects the final product.I guess it's one of those things you desire after you get experience.

A year in the half ago,I was just happy with buiding a HG,never mind panel lines,completing colours,nubs leftovers.

Perhaps I'll start with flat coal painting first,someone told me it makes a big difference with using it and not using it.But with very little time on my hands,I barely have enough to build new kits let alone mod them to perfection,I guess during the break.

Thanks for your tips.

I normally take things the simple way and easiest way, if it saves me time then that is the way i do it. It may not be always the same way to save time but i try to see what is the fastest way of doing things.. If you don't want to sand your kit you don't have to, if you want to see some results take a spare part or even a piece from the runner sand it down then spray paint it to see if its something you like doing.. If not then you just did a pretest and not wasted anytime that it took then from doing a bigger project. I don't have much time to do my kits myself but when i have left over time i will do them, but someone once told me if you don't feel like doing your project today then don't cause you will only make yourself screw up even more, sorta goes that forcing yourself isn't such a wise thing.. can be on other occasions.

remember that you can always do things differently, people aren't the same. Do like you wish how you like doing things cause its you that is doing the model kit. Take your time, there is no need to rush, its taken me 3 month to paint my HG 1/144 scale gundam and i have 2 more HG 1/100 scale and 5 MG's to finish so for me it will take awhile yet.

Good luck

GNWeapon 2009-06-16 10:48

^
He's damn right. Do not touch/work on your model project/or plainly just the model, especially when your in a foul mood, have no mood to work on it and force yourself to do so, feeling tired, or don't feel like working on it on that particular day.

I've some personal experience on this, doing so causes screw ups, big and small, but for certain, there'll be screw ups, which can cause you to become much more fustrated.

Just sharing some tips. :)

SonicSP 2009-06-16 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2455107)
I normally take things the simple way and easiest way, if it saves me time then that is the way i do it. It may not be always the same way to save time but i try to see what is the fastest way of doing things.. If you don't want to sand your kit you don't have to, if you want to see some results take a spare part or even a piece from the runner sand it down then spray paint it to see if its something you like doing.. If not then you just did a pretest and not wasted anytime that it took then from doing a bigger project. I don't have much time to do my kits myself but when i have left over time i will do them, but someone once told me if you don't feel like doing your project today then don't cause you will only make yourself screw up even more, sorta goes that forcing yourself isn't such a wise thing.. can be on other occasions.

remember that you can always do things differently, people aren't the same. Do like you wish how you like doing things cause its you that is doing the model kit. Take your time, there is no need to rush, its taken me 3 month to paint my HG 1/144 scale gundam and i have 2 more HG 1/100 scale and 5 MG's to finish so for me it will take awhile yet.

Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by GNWeapon (Post 2455819)
^
He's damn right. Do not touch/work on your model project/or plainly just the model, especially when your in a foul mood, have no mood to work on it and force yourself to do so, feeling tired, or don't feel like working on it on that particular day.

I've some personal experience on this, doing so causes screw ups, big and small, but for certain, there'll be screw ups, which can cause you to become much more fustrated.

Just sharing some tips. :)

I'm rather busy myself,got alot of HGs not built yet.....let alone experiment.

Thanks for your tips,I do agree with you though,I have that rule for myself as well.......though it slows down the work by alot,havent touch a HG for 1 1/2 months.too busy I guess,and yet I'm excited to experiment with painting when I do have the time....gotta make those damn red sabers pink[Anybody got tips for those as well]

GameraBaenre 2009-06-16 16:36

Any model builders coming out to Anime Expo: http://www.anime-expo.org/ ?
There's a model contest: http://www.anime-expo.org/exhibits/model-contest/

And there are panels and workshops for gunpla and resin figure building:
Thursday, July 02, 2009 – Day 1:
7:00pm to 8:00pm – WS 2 – Gundam Model Building
8:00pm to 10:00pm – WS 2 – Gundam Model Building Workshop

Friday, July 03, 2009 – Day 2:
5:00pm to 5:50pm – LP 3 – Resin Model Building
7:30pm to 9:30pm – WS 2 – Gundam Model Building Workshop

Saturday, July 04, 2009 – Day 3:
4:00pm to 4:50pm – LP 3 – Gundam Model Building
8:00pm to 10:00pm – WS 2 – Gundam Model Building Workshop

Full schedule is here: http://www.anime-expo.org/programming/schedule/