AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   anything where the main character becomes a legend? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45818)

~sun~bear~ 2007-04-14 11:19

anything where the main character becomes a legend?

like naruto or bleach where people think little of them then they come out of no where, dont give up and beat everyone's butts?

Skyfall 2007-04-14 15:31

Fullmetal Alchemist perhaps. Not to mention it being ten times better than the 2 titles you mentioned :)

~sun~bear~ 2007-04-14 19:42

sorry i've already seen that one but i agree with you it is very good on my top favs

jedinat 2007-04-14 19:48

Juuni Kokuki perhaps. It has the plus of not being crap, like Bleach and Naruto.

Kaasman 2007-04-15 01:11

we have a person who doesnt like naruto :P burn him

lilchevinsane 2007-04-15 03:25

how about hunter x hunter or gungrave

gencbiba 2007-04-15 05:11

Most possibly Trigun.

Bleach is great! Twelve Kingdoms can't really compare with Bleach and even Naruto... Although, Naruto has a lot of faults, it's still better (sorry 12 kingdoms fans).

I also second Hunter X Hunter because it's such a great anime. Because of the current problems with the manga, the 4th OVA still hasn't been released for over 2 years now. Hopefully one day.

andromeda0201 2007-04-15 06:52

Hikaru no Go
Air Gear
Yakitate Japan - he beats everyone's butts in baking though

Skane 2007-04-15 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~sun~bear~ (Post 902949)
like naruto or bleach where people think little of them then they come out of no where, dont give up and beat everyone's butts?

How about conquering the world?

Utawarerumono, from villager to- well, watch it and find out. ;)
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, this one is more of a comedy, but the flow is good.
SRW~OG, if you don't mind mecha, you might want to give this a twirl too.
Erementar Gerad, main protagonist is the laughing stock of the air pirates until his chance encounter with Ren. Things get hot from there.
Ergo Proxy, VINCENT! Warning, brain might implode if you are not used to surreality.
Inukami!, worst Inukami-trainer? Youko says no.
Last Exile, join the postal service. Save the world.
Ragnarok the Animation, my item-build is better than your item-build!
Rahxephon, only you can save Jupiter!
Stellvia, mathematics and mecha can save the universe.
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend, my boxcutter and you needs to chat.
Zero no Tsukaima, GOD-MODE.

Cheers.

Saber Cherry 2007-04-15 09:32

Quote:

Juuni Kokuki perhaps. It has the plus of not being crap, like Bleach and Naruto.
:D

Fake suggestions:

The main character in Fate/Stay Night starts out repairing broken appliances, and becomes a legend :) For that matter, half the cast are legends.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Go Starlight Buster!

Dragon Ball Z, how did nobody mention it? :D

Mai Hime: Mai comes out of nowhere, and KICKS ASS! Plus, this anime is QUARITY! But she never actually 'trains' or 'tries hard' so it might not be what you want.

Gunslinger Girl: Hmmm... I think it fits, but there are no bare-chested muscular men sweating, no corny jokes, no cheesy dialogue, no real concept of 'good guys', so it's a little different. Plus, nobody really improves while you watch. But it does have some very impressive scenes where a little girl comes out of nowhere and kicks ass. So does Noir, for that matter.

Muteki Kanban Musume: Train-Style Training FTW!

Serious suggestions:

Hunter x Hunter: Yes, this is indeed exactly what you are looking for.

Rurouni Kenshin: This is too.

Things other people suggested, that are not what you are looking for:

@Trigun: No. Vash starts out strong and never gets any better.
@Juuni Kokuki: No way. While an excellent anime, it is in no way part of the target genre.
@Last Exile: I can't even imagine how you thought it would fit. The main character never really fights anyone.

hobbes_fan 2007-04-15 09:51

Hajime no Ippo, although i'm only 1/2 way through this, it is an epic struggle. I hate to compare it to Rocky I but its that good. think from bum to world champ