AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Prunus Girl (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82109)

Sai Feng 2009-05-28 21:08

Prunus Girl

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4482/prunusgirl.jpg

From Mangaupdates:
Maki-kun goes to look at the results of his high school entrance exam results and meets a beautiful girl. Could this be a fated encounter? He's thrilled to find out that the same girl, Aikawa Kizuna, not only ends up going to his school, but is in his class. However, he's not so thrilled to find out that Aikawa is really a guy!

Yes it's a trap! And a very cute one too :love: Maki gets often teased by Aikawa and becomes very annoyed/confused by it. If I was him, I would jump on Aikawa. Itadakimasu! :heh:

Only three chapters scanlated, not much going on but it's pretty much fun and light-hearted.

danin8r44 2009-05-28 21:45

This is the only possible same sex relationship or guy disguised as girl (genres and plot devises I usually hate) manga/anime I have ever watched/read where the main relationship actually feels organic. That and it is a funny sort of spunky manga with a few great characters. I'm sticking with it.

Bonta Kun 2009-05-28 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sai Feng (Post 2423004)
If I was him, I would jump on Aikawa. Itadakimasu! :heh:

yes I would too, if I was Maki I would have pounced on Aikawa to find out the truth already!:heh:

Its some very funny going ons here and the mystrey behind Aikawa is a nice read.
I'm all for cute traps but heaven knows why I like em so much, just do >__<

ramlaen 2009-05-29 23:42

has it actually been confirmed to be a trap or just incredibly ambiguous

Used Can 2009-05-30 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramlaen (Post 2425221)
has it actually been confirmed to be a trap or just incredibly ambiguous

Kizuna said he was guy, although later on Kizuna made his sex somewhat ambiguous when speaking with Maki. As of now, we cannot tell for sure if he's actually a man like he said he is.

To be honest, I cannot care less if he's a man or a girl. I just love Kizuna.

Irenicus 2009-05-30 01:43

For some reason, I love this manga. It's fun and light-hearted, and actually kind of sweet. The moral lesson of the day is: lust true love is androgynous! :p

Though I do wonder what's up with Aikawa. Does (s)he really likes him that way? Or is (s)he really pulling his strings just because?

2H-Dragon 2009-06-02 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2425348)
Though I do wonder what's up with Aikawa. Does (s)he really likes him that way? Or is (s)he really pulling his strings just because?

My theory is that he's a hermaphrodite and he's wanting Maki accepting his male part too before going in for the kill. O_O

Really liking this manga too. Didn't expect that from this type of genre.

ZODDGUTS 2009-06-02 16:44

I think he is actually a she why? Well "he" seems the type of person that loves to mess with people's minds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 2431598)
My theory is that he's a hermaphrodite and he's wanting Maki accepting his male part too before going in for the kill. O_O

Really liking this manga too. Didn't expect that from this type of genre.

Also thought of this after the first candy scene though I'm leading more that he's actually a girl right now.

AvianWing 2009-06-02 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2431696)
I think he is actually a she why? Well "he" seems the type of person that loves to mess with people's minds.

Also thought of this after the first candy scene though I'm leading more that he's actually a girl right now.

Yeah, it really feels like Aikawa is a girl. Isn't there some school record that can be checked? I would be breaking in at night to look at them >_>

Bonta Kun 2009-06-02 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvianWing (Post 2432087)
Yeah, it really feels like Aikawa is a girl. Isn't there some school record that can be checked? I would be breaking in at night to look at them >_>

why would you sneak in to find out when its easier, quicker and alot more entertaining to find out from the source of the problem:D

really gotta wonder how one holds out for so long, just like in My Balls, I find such things a godlike feat!

AvianWing 2009-06-02 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2432130)
why would you sneak in to find out when its easier, quicker and alot more entertaining to find out from the source of the problem:D

really gotta wonder how one holds out for so long, just like in My Balls, I find such things a godlike feat!

Aye, certainly. But either consequence would be really awkward.

>.>

Maki didn't have the balls to do it. I certainly don't.

Used Can 2009-06-02 23:05

I wonder which restroom Kizuna uses.

Irenicus 2009-06-03 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon

That would be a surprisingly realistic take on the quandary. Although, given the diversity of intersexual conditions, I would still be kind of confused. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2432216)
I wonder which restroom Kizuna uses.

We saw "her" use a guy's restroom once, about page 9 of the first chapter.

...but it's not like you can't do a girl's duty in a guy's restroom. ;)

Used Can 2009-06-03 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2432399)
We saw "her" use a guy's restroom once, about page 9 of the first chapter.

Hell, I'm terrible at noticing those details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2432399)
...but it's not like you can't do a girl's duty in a guy's restroom. ;)

Hmm... it wouldn't be that easy. A girl would only be able to use toilets, and she'd have to sit. It'd be quite odd, wouldn't it?

In addition, you know, the sound is different.

2H-Dragon 2009-06-03 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2433424)
Hmm... it wouldn't be that easy. A girl would only be able to use toilets, and she'd have to sit. It'd be quite odd, wouldn't it?

In addition, you know, the sound is different.

Wow your school is kinda ghetto then. xD You know in the majority of the world male restrooms have both the standard toilet, the Urinal or feature the squat toilet(most likely in Japan I guess).

Used Can 2009-06-03 21:09

I don't get your point. If Kizuna is a girl, for obvious reasons, she wouldn't be able to use the urinal. She'd only be able to use the toilet (I think they use standard toilets in their schools), which was my point. It'd be odd if she only used the toilets to urinate, and even if we take into account very shy men, she'd still have to seat and no man sits on the toilet to urinate.

Anyway, why am I even talking about this?

I hope chapter 5 will come out soon.

FateAnomaly 2009-06-04 00:03

I kinda feel sorry for Maki. But it is pretty funny though.

ramlaen 2009-06-04 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2433974)
I don't get your point. If Kizuna is a girl, for obvious reasons, she wouldn't be able to use the urinal. She'd only be able to use the toilet (I think they use standard toilets in their schools), which was my point. It'd be odd if she only used the toilets to urinate, and even if we take into account very shy men, she'd still have to seat and no man sits on the toilet to urinate.

Anyway, why am I even talking about this?

well a woman can use a urinal, its just messy if they dont do it right

and plenty of men sit on toilets to urinate, usually its a shyness thing about whipping it out in a public setting

Hunk 2009-06-04 06:13

This manga is really fun, I try it out randomly, and wasn't disappointed at all :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 2433974)

It's a monthly serie and it comes out every 22 of the month, so next is for 22 June, will be a long wait :(

AdventSleeper 2009-06-09 00:42

This manga is entertaining, the situations between the characters are just so funny :D