AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93000)

Klashikari 2010-04-14 09:36

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Angel Beats! anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Angel Beats! which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

blewin 2010-04-14 21:56

so this is based on manag? How far is the manga ahead?

Khu 2010-04-14 22:17

It isn't really.

It's a mixed media project, which means it's got concurrent light novels, anime and manga.

Timeline wise I dunno where they all are.

~Fancy Tea~ 2010-04-16 09:40

I would like to know why yuri is rebelling and what she wants to gain from it? I find it a bit disturbing that a human would fight against an angel and God (or a god in this case) when you can go to heaven afterward.

Orophin 2010-04-16 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by blewin (Post 3004231)
so this is based on manag? How far is the manga ahead?

It isn't based on anything. The Angel Beats! anime is an original production.

Aside from the anime, there's a light novel called Angel Beats! Track Zero, which is a prequel to the story. Two manga series are also being made. The first one is a 4-koma and the second one, which will begin serialization next month, will be called Angel Beats! Heaven's Door.

Here's the wikipedia page if you want to know more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats!

Free 2010-04-16 10:01

@Fancy Tea: ...? No one said there's heaven. Yurippe claimed there's reincarnation.

Let's say though that you do go to heaven, but if the all powerful being allows your young siblings to get shot by scumbag criminals, would you be fine with it?

~Fancy Tea~ 2010-04-17 09:00

I think i thought it out for myself, the main point for my questions was asking what was yuri's reason to rebel, and I thought to myself perhaps its so she can find the killers or something? ^^;

Kudryavka 2010-04-17 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Fancy Tea~ (Post 3007770)
I think i thought it out for myself, the main point for my questions was asking what was yuri's reason to rebel, and I thought to myself perhaps its so she can find the killers or something? ^^;

All we know so far is that she's rebelling because she wants to rebel against God. "If God let my siblings be shamelessly killed, God must be bad, right?" is what she's thinking.

~Fancy Tea~ 2010-04-19 03:12

I suppose so...personal I think its a bit of a rash judgment ^^;

Crontica 2010-04-24 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Fancy Tea~ (Post 3010503)

Tell that to the millions of people who are dying as we speak. :uhoh:

Kudryavka 2010-04-24 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Fancy Tea~ (Post 3010503)

There are actually people that think like this. They're all the atheists who aren't critical thinkers. /sarcasm

Mikoto Misaka 2010-04-27 06:34

I wonder why Yuri doesn't take part in the baseball team.
Isn't she good at sports in fact...?

Kotohono 2010-04-27 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoto Misaka (Post 3023240)
I wonder why Yuri doesn't take part in the baseball team.
Isn't she good at sports in fact...?

She would have given one of her teams an advantage then since she wanted motivated them to split into teams on their own in order to avoid punishment, thus the teams would have argued for sometime to get her on their team since would dramatically reduce their chance of being punished. So since it would have gone againist her objective therefor she couldn't be on one of the teams.

At least that's why I think she didn't join any of them.

Justice Knight 2010-04-27 21:33

I have watched all the ep and

doesnt this anime similar to suzumiya haruhi?
whats the story actually about?
why do they hate the Tenshi??

Kudryavka 2010-04-27 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Knight (Post 3024453)
I have watched all the ep and

doesnt this anime similar to suzumiya haruhi?
whats the story actually about?
why do they hate the Tenshi??

Angel Beast has nothing to do with Haruhi Suzumiya. Diff writer, diff companies, diff themes, diff everything. I'm surprised people are still on the "Yuri is a ripoff of Haruhi! What happened to originality, Maeda?" boat. :heh:

This isn't a straightforward series. No one knows exactly what the story's about because we're getting it in bits and pieces. The only ones who might know are those who've read the accompanying Angel Beats light novel series.

The SSS members themselves don't dislike Angel themselves, they just do because Yuri doesn't like her. Yuri dislikes Angel because she thinks that Angel is in cahoots with God, whom she vowed to rebel against because of her flashback in episode 2.

bahamut zero 2010-04-28 07:28

How many episodes is this going to have?

icyhandofcrap 2010-04-28 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamut zero (Post 3025099)

13. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10885

Mikoto Misaka 2010-04-28 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 3023627)
At least that's why I think she didn't join any of them.

I get it:) May I use this excuse to avoid my games? I am a real klutz:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamut zero (Post 3025099)

We can enjoy 9 more episodes, as Maeda said in his blog

Crontica 2010-04-28 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoto Misaka (Post 3025136)
I get it:) May I use this excuse to avoid my games? I am a real klutz:D

We can enjoy 9 more episodes, as Maeda said in his blog

Meh.. shows like To Aru no Raildex get 3 seasons. While gem stones like these get only 13 episodes? Where is the love i saw back in 2000.

Marcus H. 2010-04-28 19:20

Is Angel Beats as long as Raildex? THAT is the question.