AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   [Manga] Whitebeard Discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33834)

cheese4u 2006-07-05 11:09

[Manga] Whitebeard Discussion thread

How strong do you think Whitebeard is? Do you think he could just demolish Luffy in one punch, or Maybe you think he could just own the Seven warlords of the sea. While I'm on Whitebeard do you think he has the power of a cursed fruit?

hanxthre 2006-07-05 11:40

At this point in the story I think it's safe to say Whitebeard would Pwn the hell outta Luffy...I mean he's way tuffer than Ace if he serves under him and I think it's a given that every strong opponent in the story has devil fruit juice in their bellys...

MihawkXGP 2006-07-05 13:16

At this stage- yes. WB would own Luffy and most people in a single punch.
No he doesn't have a Devils fruit. From what we know at the moment. Thats what is grreat about him. Strongest in the world and it doesn't come from Devils fruit.

cheese4u 2006-07-05 14:37

What I would really like to know is if Whitebeard could match Gold Roger in a fight then why isn't he the new King of the Pirates, or better yet why wasn't he king of the pirates then?

Potatochobit 2006-07-05 14:45

i dont think whitebeards powers are normal. doesnt he have the feeding tubes. something is either taking his strength or giving it to him.

hanxthre 2006-07-05 14:57

Oh Whitebeard has some type of power, you don't get the type of reputation he has without one...And you don't get that big by just eating Wheaties...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheese4u
What I would really like to know is if Whitebeard could match Gold Roger in a fight then why isn't he the new King of the Pirates, or better yet why wasn't he king of the pirates then?

Well the King of the Pirates is the one that finds One Piece and he hasn't found it yet, so he can't be king, but from all I've seen he seems to be the top-dog right now...

I still think the final fight ever on the show will be Luffy vs. Shanks for One Piece tho...Then we can finally see what incredible abilty Shanks has...

C.A. 2006-07-05 17:15

Devil fruit users aren't the strongest people and the strongest people doesn't mean they have a devil fruit.

Zoro is going to be the strongest swordsman without using a devil fruit and I'm sure Mihawk doesn't have a fruit as well. Swordsmen and fruits don't mix, the sword is their soul and pride.

And you can see how insanely strong these people can get without devil fruit abilities, just look at Zoro and Sanji. Even Luffy's default strength didn't come from his rubber fruit abilities.

Shanks definitely has no abilities because he can swim. Whitebeard is said to have no devil fruit abilities too. His size can just mean that he's a freak of nature lol, Gol D Roger was pretty big too, he was almost as tall as the executioners while he knelt down at the execution platform.

cheese4u 2006-07-05 17:39

It is said that Whitebeard's age or his "giantism" may be the cause of his health problems, despite this he is still labeled as the strongest man in the world, will his health problems play a major role when they come around to Whitebeard, for that matter does anyone think Whitebeard will be an enemy of Luffy's in the future even though Ace (Trace) is his first mate.

hanxthre 2006-07-05 18:52

Yeah I know, Zoro and others have amazing abilities without a fruit, but I'd say it's fruit guys that on the whole have more powers and more bounties...

I thought it was implied somewhere that Shanks did eat a devil's fruit...I know he was interested in searching for them which is why him and Buggy were pals at first...If Shanks is as powerful as everyone pretends he is (Even the world government) he better have more than a missing arm...I for one think he does...

Hiking_Bear 2006-07-05 21:52

I'm imagining Whitebeard to be like the Incredible Hulk (like in the movie) - super durable and super strong.

By the way, this is a little off topic, but does the Enies Lobby arc remind anybody of the Frieza arc from DBZ? Like how the fat pink henchman of Frieza went around measuring peoples power levels and Chapapa does the same thing for the CP9 members except its called douriki. And then Luffy going to gear 2 is lis like Goku reaching supersayan or something. It's not as one-dimensional as DBZ, where strength is given by one number, but there are still a lot of similarities.

I guess it's necessary to introduce the power level concept though, because how else are we going to know how strong a character is. Since bounty only works for pirates, douriki or rank is needed to indicate the strength of government agents. And in Skypeia, the survival percentage indicated how strong the priests were.

airsBlue 2006-07-06 02:24

i imagine that WB have the power of 2 Devil fruit that's why he is so big and about to explode...
they say if u eat the first DF u will the ability to swim, if u eat the second u will lose explode ( but what if it wasn't explode but was u can't breath the air ( as u are in the outer space and WB figured out how to do it ) !!!?

Roger was Tall but he wasn't as huge as WB ... because if u remember when the bar own saw luffy he imagined roger setting where luffy was ... and he wasn't that huge ...

cheese4u 2006-07-06 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by airsBlue

Roger was Tall but he wasn't as huge as WB ... because if u remember when the bar own saw luffy he imagined roger setting where luffy was ... and he wasn't that huge ...

Agreed Gold Roger was a pretty big man, but Whitebeard is like literally 5-7 people put together I beleive he's a little bigger than Arlong.

MihawkXGP 2006-07-06 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanxthre
Oh Whitebeard has some type of power, you don't get the type of reputation he has without one...And you don't get that big by just eating Wheaties...

Well the King of the Pirates is the one that finds One Piece and he hasn't found it yet, so he can't be king, but from all I've seen he seems to be the top-dog right now...

I still think the final fight ever on the show will be Luffy vs. Shanks for One Piece tho...Then we can finally see what incredible abilty Shanks has...

Actually. i think the Term Pirate King refer's to the man that has conquered the Grandline. on top of having the grreatest treasure.

Whitebeard only needs to find One Piece and that'd be it.

I don't see how Luffy will face off against Shanks. Mihawk is stronger then Shanks, so it'd be pointless. Plus Mihawk has himself said, that becoming Pirate King is even harder then surpassing him which says alot.

hanxthre 2006-07-06 15:17

Are you kidding me??What do you mean pointless...That would be the ultimate symbolic matchup...Mihawk is Zoro's opponent...For Luffy to fight the man he looks up to more than anyone in the world would be a perfect final fight, and I'm still under the impression that Shanks has some unique or incredible power none of us knows about...Furthermore who knows what Mihawk is talking about, for all we know Oda hasn't even come up with the final obstacle that gets you One Piece...

Phenomenal 2006-07-06 21:05

True Shanks rivaled Mihawk in fighting and that alone says alot! Shanks will fight Luffy and Mihawk will fight Zoro that is very obvious. I agree with you hanxthre..

MihawkXGP 2006-07-07 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanxthre
Are you kidding me??What do you mean pointless...That would be the ultimate symbolic matchup...Mihawk is Zoro's opponent...For Luffy to fight the man he looks up to more than anyone in the world would be a perfect final fight, and I'm still under the impression that Shanks has some unique or incredible power none of us knows about...Furthermore who knows what Mihawk is talking about, for all we know Oda hasn't even come up with the final obstacle that gets you One Piece...

Its not got anything to do with being Symbolic. I just do not see SHanks and Luffy fighting against one another. It makes no sense at all. And anyway, why should Luffy get someone that is weaker then Zoro?

Luffy will fight someone but it sure as hell won't be Shanks.

Slayerx 2006-07-07 02:59

I'm not too sure about a Luffy vs Shanks fight... I mean, what reason would they really have to fight other then just for the hell of it?... i can see a mock battle, maybe... I certainly don't see it being the final match up though... Luffy is after One Piece, so his final opponent will more then likely be someone else after one piece, namely Whitebeard... It really is a perfect match up, not only is Whitebeard closest to one piece and stronger then Mihawk and shanks, but he is also said to have matched Gold Roger; surpassing him would almost be like surpassing the former pirate king. Conquering the grandline, matching Gold Roger's strength, and obtaining the treasure of One piece; There really is no better way to prove yourself worthy of the title of Pirate king.

So i'm certain Whitebeard will be the final match... grant it, i got Ao kiji as a runner up... the final battle could be between rivals for one piece, or between "good" and "evil" (though i got my money on the rivals)

C.A. 2006-07-07 04:31

The story is only halfway through lol, the last boss can turn out to be someone introduced in the last 50 episodes or something. My guess is that the final fight will be someone yet revealed.

Bremm 2006-07-07 11:34

Well, Whitebeard was Gol Roger's equal, if I remember correctly. From my understanding, when the two of them fought Whitebeard was injured and never really fully recovered (hence, all the medical equipment attached to him), so maybe he's a little less powerful than he was. Then again, he is the captain of a pirate ship-- er, pirate fleet, and the strength of his crew certainly makes him the most powerful pirate on the sea. Ace seemed pretty convinced that Whitebeard will be the next Pirate King.

Though I gotta wonder what Whitebeard is waiting for. I don't recall Gol Roger specifially saying that One Piece is at the end of the Grand Line - he just told people to 'look in that place' for it. Everyone assumes that he meant Raftel - the end of the Grand Line. So if One Piece is there, then Whitebeard has such a huge start on Luffy that I don't see how it's possible for Luffy to catch up. Hell, for all we know Whitebeard has already been to Raftel, didn't find One Piece there, and is now systematically searching the Grand Line for it. That would certainly make more sense.

airsBlue 2006-07-07 12:54

Quote:

Bremm said
I don't recall Gol Roger specifially saying that One Piece is at the end of the Grand Line - he just told people to 'look in that place' for it. Everyone assumes that he meant Raftel - the end of the Grand Line.
One piece can't be at any place other than raftel because Raftel is the only island in grand line that no one has ever confirmed other than roger and reaching it was one of the reason -if not the main- for being called the pirate king ... he was called the pirate king because he was the only man to conquer the grandline ... luffy doesn't care about gold (that if roger really cared about collecting gold either, after all he left all the gold in skypie without taking anything with him or take only a little amount), so most likely one piece isn't a gold.