AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sora Kake (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Sora Kake Girl - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78998)

Fishfood1 2009-03-11 20:53

^you mean it has deeper meaning about it like the last 2 episodes of evangelion?! *le gasp*

okay, i'd bet episode 9 was more like a 1 episode summary of the whole series in an AU style :heh:

jennkei 2009-03-12 06:26

If it was, it was a very puzzling summary. -wry- Well, to me, at least. Episode 10 (screenshots) was not bad, but rather serious. Well, aside from the Golden Gentleman Plug, that is. XD

I think quite a few people must have been going, "AHA! I knew that was Aleida!!"

Cat Megex 2009-03-12 16:37

...Huh. For whatever reason, I hadn't spotted this before. "OMA-1RA", on the box's door at one point, -> "Omaera", possibly?

aohige 2009-03-12 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat Megex (Post 2268575)
...Huh. For whatever reason, I hadn't spotted this before. "OMA-1RA", on the box's door at one point, -> "Omaera", possibly?

Or just "omaira".

Omaira is a slang used in 2ch, meaning the same as "omaera".
Usually refers to 2ch users, and often used as somewhat of a insulting way of saying "you guys".
Considering that the box-people are basically hikikomori, and hako-chan uses AAs a lot, OMA-1RA may symbolize hikikomoris often found in 2ch. :heh:

One thing that surprised me in a good way this episode.
The NAVI people have human rights... so they are treated legally as sentinent beings, and not just some AI driven robots. :)

Haruyasha 2009-03-12 22:16

I loved how episode 10 completely ignored where episode 8 left off.

Fishfood1 2009-03-12 23:05

^think you mean episode 9, since this episode pretty much right after epi 8. the girls went back to daily life(cept for akiha's sisters).

Cat Megex 2009-03-13 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 2268884)
Or just "omaira".

Omaira is a slang used in 2ch, meaning the same as "omaera".
Usually refers to 2ch users, and often used as somewhat of a insulting way of saying "you guys".
Considering that the box-people are basically hikikomori, and hako-chan uses AAs a lot, OMA-1RA may symbolize hikikomoris often found in 2ch. :heh:

Ooh, I see.

C.A. 2009-03-13 21:21

The show may be telling us that 2ch has survived for several thousand years and have even converted into Nervalism. Hako-chan basically speaks just like a 2ch poster lol

Duo Maxwell 2009-03-13 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.A. (Post 2271305)
The show may be telling us that 2ch has survived for several thousand years and have even converted into Nervalism. Hako-chan basically speaks just like a 2ch poster lol

What? We all know that as long as humanity doesn't extinct, 2ch will survive.
At least Hako-chan doesn't speak as 2ch. She just use 2ch's way of speaking.

SaintessHeart 2009-03-14 01:55

So the box people are basically brainwashed 2ch-ers? And Nerval is trying to create a world full of 2ch-ers?

LOL. That is a whole new cult we seem to have out there.

KiNA 2009-03-14 21:47

*sigh*
After AS decided to grant the series a subsection, the fansubbers decided collectively to not release any episodes ._. And tomorrow is ep 11 =.=

Fishfood1 2009-03-14 21:55

^no they're just extra slow, since only 1 of the 3 group only had epi 8 released. i'm sure they'll all be available eventually.

SaintessHeart 2009-03-15 02:12

I think they are just having problems finding the right words for the subs. Since they are so slow I usually watch the raws.

And yay, tmr is Ep 12!

JediNight 2009-03-15 04:27

Well I guess I wasn't looking into the meaning that much to realize who Aleida really was. I knew Honoka would somehow be related to and/or be part of the Shishido family. That was the Shishido ruling council or whatever she visited, right?

And yeah, Ep8 had a cocktease ending -- the roof gets blown open then in Ep10 we don't see any of that ... wtf?

PS: Sakura totally just had Leopard take it up the butt ;)

C.A. 2009-03-15 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediNight (Post 2273703)
Well I guess I wasn't looking into the meaning that much to realize who Aleida really was. I knew Honoka would somehow be related to and/or be part of the Shishido family. That was the Shishido ruling council or whatever she visited, right?

And yeah, Ep8 had a cocktease ending -- the roof gets blown open then in Ep10 we don't see any of that ... wtf?

PS: Sakura totally just had Leopard take it up the butt ;)

The ninjas are Honoka's old comrades, they joined the Shishidous and have been helping the Shishidous by establishing and using the shrine as a database. They've been searching the Enigma.

They're are more likely the intelligence database than a ruling council. Kazane herself is the highest in command of Shishidou.

Buu and Min were thinking why there was no reports of the giant saw, there was a cover up and we were discussing about it in the previous page with no conclusions.

EDIT: Oh and that was the Bon Bon Booster, or Golden Gentleman Plug. By translating and understanding from Sakurago, its a powerup for Leopard Cannon.

Sixth 2009-03-15 19:17

I wonder....do you think the series will become better as the story progressed or it will went downhill later?

Fishfood1 2009-03-15 20:37

^so far it's getting better, i mean i wouldn't mind the comedy and fan servicing. but since the last few episode had some developments/revelations, the plot moved forward

Sixth 2009-03-16 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfood1 (Post 2275186)
^so far it's getting better, i mean i wouldn't mind the comedy and fan servicing. but since the last few episode had some developments/revelations, the plot moved forward

Yeah..but somehow, they kinda push Leopard realization to 89% within 1 episode...it is just like screaming RUSH /DownHill to me...

I just dont like. :p

Tokkan 2009-03-16 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobita (Post 2275947)
Yeah..but somehow, they kinda push Leopard realization to 89% within 1 episode...it is just like screaming RUSH /DownHill to me...

I just dont like. :p

Bah, Akiha being Leopard's errand-girl and getting parts for him was just a short arc in a greater plot line. I couldn't care any less that he's almost fully realised, it means the storyline is only going to get bigger than just Leopard collecting parts for himself.

C.A. 2009-03-16 07:34

Indeed, the show isn't about searching parts for Leopard. Leopard having the need for getting back some lost parts, especially the Golden Orbs, are just a starting introductory arc. It establishes the the characters and eventually reveals the villians.

Now that the protagonist side and the antagonist side is established, the pace will pick up for something bigger, rather than just collecting parts. The plot can advance while the search the remaining parts and eventually the most important part, 'Enigma'.