AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Movie Discussion (& Speculation) Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108218)

Auxilism 2013-07-18 21:54

Did Aniplex block some countries? I can't view it or any of their videos ('An error occurred. Please try again later' on laptop and 'Unsupported video format' on mobile.) but I can view other videos (as well as random new ones I just picked to test).

Witch of Uncertainty 2013-07-18 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkhalo191 (Post 4763220)
Did Aniplex block some countries? I can't view it or any of their videos ('An error occurred. Please try again later' on laptop and 'Unsupported video format' on mobile.) but I can view other videos (as well as random new ones I just picked to test).

When it's blocked, you usually get the message that it's blocked in your country. Tried to restart the browser or a different browser? Not that I'm the best to help, I have no idea what's causing your problem.

Auxilism 2013-07-19 06:25

Did all that and restarted my laptop but no dice. However, when I got home and tried to view it, it works. It doesn't explain why my mobile device could not stream it as I was using 3G (mobile data) and not a specific network like my laptop was at school. Oh well. :eyebrow:

My mobile device still can't view it although it's using the same network as my laptop when I'm at home though.

blakstealth 2013-07-20 21:16

I've been having those same problems with any video I try to watch just recently.

bhl88 2013-07-21 18:44

Triple_R 2013-07-21 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 4766519)

Thanks for sharing.

Compared to the original TV transformations...

Mami's Movie one is definitely better. Much more elaborate and colorful.

Sayaka's Movie one is more elegant, has a nice foreshadowing element, and is probably better overall. But I have to admit that I felt that Sayaka's TV transformation had a bit more sex appeal. :heh:

Madoka and Homura's didn't change much. Madoka's a bit shinier, so that's better I guess? Otherwise, it's identical to Madoka's TV transformation. Homura's Movie one has more detail on her time-stop device, and that's great, but it also seems oddly quicker than I remember her TV transformation being.

Kyouko's is the one I'm least sure about. I honestly recall her TV transformation being more elaborate and elegant than this new Movie one. I guess the Movie one is trying to capture her generally rugged personality.

On the whole, the movie definitely improved on the TV anime in this regard.

Lord of Fire 2013-07-22 04:54

TV version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCsnIXXU0wU (BD version didn't change much, other than adding a bit more details here and there).

Mami: 1st transformation only got slightly redone, with a bit more special effects. The second one is vastly different.

Sayaka: Completely redone. Her musical theme in the TV version got replace by a water theme. Only her hairclip reminds us of the musical theme she has going on. Also, now she pulls a sword from out of her chest, which she didn't do before.

Kyouko: Both her transformations are quite different than the TV versions, especially the second one, which I think looks more elegant now and used to be very short. I like how she juggles her spear in her first transformation before even changing into her magical girl outfit.

Homura: Changed quite a lot, though it does seems to be more simplified, compared to the TV version.

Madoka: No changes as far as I can see.

Witch of Uncertainty 2013-07-22 18:24

There's one thing that actually bothered me more than it should. In the first movie, when Mami transforms for her last time (around ep 3), they butchered her dialog. Taking away the "It's like my body is floating", "It's the first time I've been this happy fighting" etc. I found that scene so heartwarming, and while the animation was definetely cranked up, I found it sad that they removed it.
And there are also some weird frames here and there. For example during said transformation, right before she spins around, her legs spasm really quickly. I wonder what's up with that, lol.

Lord of Fire 2013-07-24 14:50

So, I found BD rips from the first two movies with subs.

The first thing I noticed in Movie 1 is that they cut out Madoka's dream from episode 1. I wonder what motivated them to do so, because it was a way to tie episodes 1 and 10 together, with the revelation that Homura is a time traveler. All I can think of is that they expect people who come to see this movie to have already seen the show, and thus, do not really care about the mystery aspect anymore.

It didn't hinder my enjoyment much, but it bother me for a short time nonetheless.

bhl88 2013-07-24 14:52

They probably cut it so it would be revealed in the second portion.

Julio C 2013-07-24 16:22

Do you think Rightstuf might sell out the collectors edition right away?

bhl88 2013-07-24 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4769470)
Do you think Rightstuf might sell out the collectors edition right away?

Not really. Madoka failed to sell out after all.

Julio C 2013-07-24 17:18

I'm still debating to get it because it is pricey. I think I'll wait for a CE unboxing next week.

blaze0041 2013-07-24 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4769513)
I'm still debating to get it because it is pricey. I think I'll wait for a CE unboxing next week.

I got my copy of the Japanese BD limited edition about a day before it's official release (Thankfully, the BD is region-free). There's not much that would make one say that this is a "must-have", unless the inclusion of an OST CD and a relatively small book with some nice artwork (including another 4-koma) and staff comments count. The box itself is pretty nice though.
Now that I think about it, having an English translation of the book would be nice...

Sol Falling 2013-07-25 07:56

My copy on order from RightStuf has been delayed until the 30th of this month (along with $150 worth of other stuff lol, dumbass Canada shipping policies) so it does seem like demand has been high. I don't even have a bluray player though, so I guess it's fine (haha wtf am I doing).

I do feel kinda gypped that other people are talking about the release already before mine has even shipped. I pre-ordered like two and a half months before the release date, which I thought was early enough.

Kazu-kun 2013-07-25 13:27

So, I finally had the time to watch the movies. It was a strange feeling. It reminded me of everything I liked about the show, but also what I hated.

So yeah, mixed feelings all around. I can't say I didn't liked it, though.

And now to wait for the third movie. Here's hoping it will leave a better impression than the series/compilation movies did, though since Urobuchi's writing, chances are it won't happen. :heh:

Faerie 2013-07-25 13:54

Does anyone know if there were showings of the previous movies in the UK?

Julio C 2013-07-26 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze0041 (Post 4769535)
I got my copy of the Japanese BD limited edition about a day before it's official release (Thankfully, the BD is region-free). There's not much that would make one say that this is a "must-have", unless the inclusion of an OST CD and a relatively small book with some nice artwork (including another 4-koma) and staff comments count. The box itself is pretty nice though.
Now that I think about it, having an English translation of the book would be nice...

Can you post pictures of it?

The Butcher 2013-07-27 12:36

Just noticed the movies are out. So slow >.>.

I need to watch them ASAP.

bhl88 2013-07-27 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julio C (Post 4771396)
Can you post pictures of it?

http://madokamagicausa.com/movie/madokajk2-th.jpg