AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon white 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110576)

dickdatduck 2012-02-25 19:13

Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon white 2

I think that this is a hell of a lot better then "Pokemon Gray." We get 2 brand new games instead of 1 remake.

Kyero Fox 2012-02-25 19:15

.........really?

I mean seriously.. 2? they couldn't just make Grey? lol

Kurosu 2012-02-25 19:22

It's hard to tell what's being done here. They're revising Black/White but could this be an actual sequel?
At first I thought they were combining the "revision" game with the remake game (which would be epic), but now I don't know.

Von Himmel 2012-02-25 19:40

FFFFF
Oh I hope it would be sequel rather than the usual remake lol. I'd love to see how N develop after he leaves the protagonist :heh:

on another note...why's that Reshiram and Zekrom look like that? :heh: I was under impression that Zekrom and Reshiram are supposed to be one pokemon before they separated, but this picture describes or hints different things :( They look as if they just combined with Kyurem and it doesn't look like Zekrom fused with Reshiram or vice-versa w

Kurosu 2012-02-25 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGN
The U.S. site also calls the games "two incredible new adventures"

Man, I really want this to be a brand new sequel. Though, it could mean we start off as completely new characters, or the formula gets some kind of revamping, because if it is a direct sequel and we do start off with the same characters, what would be the point in getting the badges again?

dickdatduck 2012-02-25 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Himmel (Post 4025634)
on another note...why's that Reshiram and Zekrom look like that?

Those are 2 new forms for Kyurem.

Von Himmel 2012-02-25 20:05

^
They could just..well, you know, create a pokemon games where our main challenge is not gym battle or pokemon league? :heh: So we might not get to fight the gym leader to get their badges but there will be bosses in several parts of the game to substitute the gym battle.

Of course this is just a wishful thinking from me :uhoh:

Quote:

Those are 2 new forms for Kyurem.
more like Reshiram/Zekrom equipped with Kyurem armor for me :heh:

RRW 2012-02-25 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 4025602)
.........really?

I mean seriously.. 2? they couldn't just make Grey? lol

well i am pretty sure GF want to make something different

GDB 2012-02-25 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRW (Post 4025672)
well i am pretty sure GF want to make something different

If by different, you mean they realized people will buy it no matter what they do, and buy double if they do two, then yes they wanted to do something different.

com_gwp 2012-02-25 22:20

I'm disappointed that they're not making a 3DS specific version. This multi-compatibility thing means that whatever 3DS extra features would probably be incremental improvements like better wireless connectivity or higher resolutions. Hell, I'm even doubtful about the latter. :eyebrow:

chikorita157 2012-02-25 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by com_gwp (Post 4025809)
I'm disappointed that they're not making a 3DS specific version. This multi-compatibility thing means that whatever 3DS extra features would probably be incremental improvements like better wireless connectivity or higher resolutions. Hell, I'm even doubtful about the latter. :eyebrow:

Keep in mind that not everyone owns a 3DS and that it's only one year old since it came out. I suppose Gamefreak didn't want to alienate everyone else who only own DSes and not the 3DS

But in short, I'm definitely preordering the Japanese version when they open... Guess another 60-70 dollars down the drain for other things I suppose.

Kyero Fox 2012-02-25 23:06

I bet one is stronger than the other and the MC seeks to fuse their legendary with the ice one to defeat the other one..... -head explodes-

SilverSyko 2012-02-25 23:40

This announcement was a serious surprise. I never thought I'd see main-title Pokemon games receive a direct sequel like this. I guess the B/W generation of games is the first Generation where they're trying to create a grander plot for the series. The ending of B/W with N was rather open ended after all.

My expectations are that they'll create a whole new region to explore with new main characters, but there won't be any new Pokemon, except for maybe 1 or 2.

It's a very unique direction for the series to take so I'm definitely gonna give one of these versions a try. I'm assuming though since I got White Version, I'm probably gonna have to play White Version 2. :heh:

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-02-26 02:31

Hmm, I have a feeling, that by the time this game is made, and the movie after Kyurem's get revealed, we may get some kind of plot with Genesect. Maybe Genesect vs. the ONE dragon (the combination of all 3). It can happen.

Von Himmel 2012-02-26 02:34

^
...but Genesect is a bug :p he won't stand a chance lol

j/k, it's quite possible for movie plot. Although I keep hearing that Genesect event for B/W is that it's created by some unknown(?) research lab or something for an unknown purpose... so yeah, maybe it's for the preparation to fight the dragon.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-02-26 02:53

I gotta say it, White Kyurem looks better than Black Kyurem. W.K. looks like a dragon ready to battle/surf. B.K. looks like a dragon with a bad back and a hernia-v-;;.

drsypher 2012-02-26 05:17

I'm personally expecting the 2 may be referring to a "version 2.0" rather than a sequel. Kind of like what the regular 3rd version of the games are, only split into two to make more money. However, if it is a sequel, I'd just expect it to be in Unova still, but with different characters, plot and maybe small visual differences to some towns. I don't think there would be a brand new region as I don't see why they would make a mostly new set of games only to put it on the DS. While not as many people own 3DSes, these games are pretty good console sellers, and the 3DS could certainly use more of those, I think.

Tyabann 2012-02-26 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsypher (Post 4026380)
I'm personally expecting the 2 may be referring to a "version 2.0" rather than a sequel. Kind of like what the regular 3rd version of the games are, only split into two to make more money.

If that the case then just like with the usual third versions they won't be getting my money.

Xellos-_^ 2012-02-26 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by chikorita157 (Post 4025816)
Keep in mind that not everyone owns a 3DS and that it's only one year old since it came out. I suppose Gamefreak didn't want to alienate everyone else who only own DSes and not the 3DS

But in short, I'm definitely preordering the Japanese version when they open... Guess another 60-70 dollars down the drain for other things I suppose.

or Nintendo didn't pay them enough to make it 3DS exclusive.

Alchemist007 2012-02-26 15:22

I certainly hope it's a new region and story.