AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Psycho-Pass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Psycho-Pass - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118350)

Kairin 2013-03-13 21:33

Psycho-Pass - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

MisaoFan 2013-03-14 11:20

Spoiler for Episode 21:

LightningZERO 2013-03-14 11:22

We all knew it was gonna happen...but damn, that was sad

LastOrder 2013-03-14 11:36

I knew this episode was gonna be an emotional wreck, but gdi I wasn't prepared for it.
Spoiler for episode 21:

ars89 2013-03-14 11:37

Right when i though Yayoi would get some screen time they leave her to stay in the control room. Of course Masaoka would save his son. So Ginoza ends up losing his left arm just like his dad. Like how its come down to knife fight. Good thing Akane worked out an exception for the dominator, but will she make it in time.

konart 2013-03-14 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4590445)
Spoiler for Episode 21:

Spoiler for irony:

MisaoFan 2013-03-14 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by konart (Post 4590506)
Spoiler for irony:

I can't believe there's some kind of deeper meaning between them, and that's intentionnal right ?

oompa loompa 2013-03-14 14:10

jeeze louise... i dont know what theyre planning on fitting into the next episode.. but i hope for a second season.. they could do amazing things. a good place to leave the first season would be if makishima gets caught, and integrated into the system. would really set the stage for the next season

Mad Pierrot 2013-03-14 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4590568)
I can't believe there's some kind of deeper meaning between them, and that's intentionnal right ?

Spoiler for meaning:

BoyTitan 2013-03-14 14:55

Makishima is a dick for that period I really can't defend him anymore he and the sybil systems are 2 evils the world could do with out.

At least Masaoka kicked Makishima ass and made him resort to cheap tricks if that choke was sinked in he would have been done for and he knows it >_<.

Yume Hanabi 2013-03-14 15:53

Spoiler for ep 21:

Shadow5YA 2013-03-14 16:18

Poor Ginoza tossed around by Kasei and the Sybil system and now this... he can't catch a break.

merakses 2013-03-14 16:25

Quote:

Too bad Akane suddenly becomes a Enforcer
Wait, what? I don't remember anything like that happening.

cyth 2013-03-14 16:33

I didn't think Makishima's solitude had a meaningful place in the story, but wrong again. Prior to the second half of the show I had a chance to read a manga by Kobayashi Yoshinori unabashedly titled An Individual Without Society is not Human. In it he argues the necessity of the public sphere in one's life and that no matter how much one tries to reject it, our belief that our thoughts and actions carry meaning invalidate that effort.

It seems as if Makishima truly believes he's alone because of Sibyl. He kills people to tell the system, that, yes, he is alone, yet at the same time he is oblivious to the connection he established with MWPSB, so in a way he's actually not alone? :heh:

MisaoFan 2013-03-14 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by merakses (Post 4590710)

I was watching the same episode for the second time with Funimation's subs, and I'm sure Akane suddenly turns into a Enforcer despite her unusual CC (it was 24.5 I think) when Masaoka is measuring her with a Dominator.

Kanon 2013-03-14 16:40

I wish I hadn't read the spoilers. It killed all of the emotional impact for me. I'll make sure not to make the same mistake for the final episode.

Yayoi raised a giant death flag in this ep but it's doubtful she'll die. Her death would have little to no impact on the other characters (this episode marked the first time she interacted with one of her coworkers in a meaningful way, and Akane had too much on her mind to care), so it'd be pretty pointless to kill her. She's probably going to sit in the control room like a good girl while Akane resolves the conflict.

I feel bad for Ginoza. However, in a way, this painful experience might help him. He now understands his father better and knows how much he loved him. A weight might have been lifted off his shoulder. Hopefully, he'll get a good ending. He turned out to be one of the most likable characters of the series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by merakses (Post 4590710)

His summary are always full of inaccuracies. Don't mind it.

There's absolutely not chance she'll end up as an enforcer at this point no matter what happens in the finale. If all the shit she's gone through recently haven't affected her CC, nothing else will.

Ginoza, on the other hand, has a very high chance to be demoted to enforcer and turn into Masaoka 2.0 (he's even missing the same arm now!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyth (Post 4590721)
It seems as if Makishima truly believes he's alone because of Sibyl. He kills people to tell the system, that, yes, he is alone, yet at the same time he is oblivious to the connection he established with MWPSB, so in a way he's actually not alone? :heh:

That's... not the kind of connection one ought to strive to establish with other people :heh:

That said, in his twisted mind, Makishima might be happy of the connection he's made with Kogami. I think he's very much aware they have a special relationship.

karice67 2013-03-14 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4590725)
I was watching the same episode for the second time with Funimation's subs, and I'm sure Akane suddenly turns into a Enforcer despite her unusual CC (it was 24.5 I think) when Masaoka is measuring her with a Dominator.

Then the translation was wrong: the Dominator still calls her an Inspector (監視官).

MisaoFan 2013-03-14 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by karice67 (Post 4590731)
Then the translation was wrong: the Dominator still calls her an Inspector (執行官).

Maybe the Funimation's translations are wrong and sloppy at times, but I'll still consider her to be an Inspector until the end of the show.

karice67 2013-03-14 16:46

oops, wrong kanji the first time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4590735)
Maybe the Funimation's translations are wrong and sloppy at times, but I'll still consider her to be an Inspector until the end of the show.

Er...why the 'but'??
I was saying that she was still an INSPECTOR...

HandofFate 2013-03-14 16:53

damn, Awakened Akane is a badass detective that's taking no crap from anyone. Especially Kogami.

damn, old man saving his son was a powerful scene. Especially afterwards when Gino destroyed his left arm to free himself to get to his side.

T_T