AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anime Figurines Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22219)

rallymad_nad 2007-11-25 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LynnieS (Post 1269925)
Still drawing a blank here. Sorry... The only robots that come to mind immediately when I hear "a robot with [green] wires coming out from its back" are: MG Strike Freedom (Full-Burst), MG Hi-Nu Gundam, and MG F-91 with base. The HG Shiranui Akatsuki also had that effect, but it was released back in early 2006. The HG Stargazer had neon green circles as well.

Looking at those figures, the closest I can see is the MG Hi-Nu Gundam. I recognise those fin funnels. I can only assume that the picture I saw was somewhat modified, still, I really like the look of it though.

Will keep searching for the picture but many thanks for the info!

Regards

Nad

NightbatŪ 2007-11-25 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai (Post 1269638)
Ha! 11000 yen? I dun think so Xellos ^_^, too much for a single item for me

well having most of the Yamato Macross VF1's at 14800 yen I can't say it's above my pricerange
..but I have nothing with Jingai Makyo

too bad, since it's quite a stunning figure

Aoie_Emesai 2007-11-25 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightbatŪ (Post 1270856)
well having most of the Yamato Macross VF1's at 14800 yen I can't say it's above my pricerange
..but I have nothing with Jingai Makyo

too bad, since it's quite a stunning figure

I love the Macross figures too, it's quite stunning. But sadly, I don't really "need" them that much ^^

raideralan 2007-11-26 22:00

Tips for cleaning PVC figures?

Hi I just recently got into the hobby of collecting PVCs but I was worried how I should clean the dust of them. I don't want to damage the paint job or the figure itself. Any suggestions from people who are owner of PVCs also on how to clean PVCs without damage done to the figure?

Vexx 2007-11-26 22:06

I use the air canisters I use to clean the dust out of PCs. Just be sure to hold the spray "10inches" away so the moisture won't collect on them.

There's also little tiny model dusters you can buy at some hobby shops.

I'd avoid touching the figures or leaving them in direct sunlight.

Aoie_Emesai 2007-11-26 22:07

I just use my mom's Swiffer Duster ^^ or a lightly damped table clothe/paper clothe for it. Water shouldn't damage the paint since it's Ph isn't acidic enough to eat the paint. Regular tap water Ph should be like 7.3 on the Ph scale anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 1272469)
I use the air canisters I use to clean the dust out of PCs. Just be sure to hold the spray "10inches" away so the moisture won't collect on them.

There's also little tiny model dusters you can buy at some hobby shops.

I'd avoid touching the figures or leaving them in direct sunlight.

Sunlight will destroy your paint >.< happy fading ^^

Ledgem 2007-11-27 03:10

I don't collect figures, but I'd imagine that leaving them in direct sunlight could also deform the plastic on some of them (if the sunlight were harsh enough). PVC piping is OK, but isn't PVC known for being somewhat flexible and weak? Isn't that one reason why cold-cast figures are considered superior?

Tri-ring 2007-11-27 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ledgem (Post 1272876)
I don't collect figures, but I'd imagine that leaving them in direct sunlight could also deform the plastic on some of them (if the sunlight were harsh enough). PVC piping is OK, but isn't PVC known for being somewhat flexible and weak? Isn't that one reason why cold-cast figures are considered superior?

UV will destroy mostly anything.
Soft PVC secretes oil as it gets old since oil is added to soften PVC pelts in the first place. When dust settles and left for period of time it binds with secreted oil creating a grimy film.
You can wipe this off with cloth dampened with an alcohol solution.
Never use paint thinner and/or other organic solvents.

raideralan 2007-11-28 11:12

So I guess using waer is fine? Can I just dust it off with a lint cloth or something like that too?

Satoism 2007-12-02 23:19

Anime figures

oh my got sorry I double threaded, please delete this one D:

Satoism 2007-12-02 23:20

Anime figures

I feel like buying some anime figures and keychains D:

Preferably Lucky star / haruhi .. but I cant seem to find any high quality ones.

I would like to know where you could get something like this D:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5...0011774lw9.jpg

I'd appreciate some help D: thanks! :3~

Spectacular_Insanity 2007-12-02 23:23

Dude, not cool. Don't double-post threads. You only need to press the reply button once.

Satoism 2007-12-02 23:40

---

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 1281146)
Dude, not cool. Don't double-post threads. You only need to press the reply button once.

It was due to lag. Sorry.

Vexx 2007-12-02 23:51

There's already a thread on Lucky*Star merchandise and Haruhi merchandise in each respective subforum. Your questions would probably be better put there.

Basically though... unless you pre-order figures, you're usually toast as they sell out often before release.

Good sites to haunt include:
www.hlj.com
www.cdjapan.co.jp (anime collectible section, pre-order only)

Otherwise, you're looking at ebay.com to seek out resellers.

Satoism 2007-12-03 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 1281178)
There's already a thread on Lucky*Star merchandise and Haruhi merchandise in each respective subforum. Your questions would probably be better put there.

Basically though... unless you pre-order figures, you're usually toast as they sell out often before release.

Good sites to haunt include:
www.hlj.com
www.cdjapan.co.jp (anime collectible section, pre-order only)

Otherwise, you're looking at ebay.com to seek out resellers.

Thank you vexx :3

Vexx 2007-12-03 00:29

If you accidently live near a Uwajimaya grocery market or a Kinokinuya bookstore, they sometimes have keychains and little figures in stock as well. They're mostly on the Pacific Coast (with a few of the bookstores on the Atlantic coast).

dodgethis_sg 2007-12-03 09:13

Those Lucky Star Nendoroids? The orders for them have been closed for about two months. The only way you can get them now is to wait for to be released and grab 'em on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Be prepared to pay a princely sum for them.

C.A. 2007-12-03 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satoism (Post 1281142)
I would like to know where you could get something like this D:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5...0011774lw9.jpg

I'd appreciate some help D: thanks! :3~

The 2 particular figures you pointed out are rare items, which can only be obtained through ordering within a dateline and only if you have coupons from specific issues of magazines. There was an island wide selling-out of Comptiq and CompAce here in Singapore during the ordering period.

Satoism 2007-12-07 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg (Post 1281685)
Those Lucky Star Nendoroids? The orders for them have been closed for about two months. The only way you can get them now is to wait for to be released and grab 'em on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Be prepared to pay a princely sum for them.

Aw, what a disappointment, my first figurine i thought that looked good to be so rare :P I'm so stupid.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just stop dreaming about them and stick with some asian gaming D:

Tonytime20 2007-12-07 02:08

I've got Lemmy and Kotone from ToHeart, Mint and Milfie from Galaxy Angel (Both of them were gifts from my girlfriend ^_^) and Himeko from Pani Poni Dash! That's all I think. I'll check when I get home for Christmas if my mom hasn't thrown them away...

And I'd love to have Kona from Lucky Star and some more of the ToHeart girls.