AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=52286)

CJL13 2007-11-13 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahl_moon (Post 1253298)
Gilbert says he's a relative of Nagi, then how are Nagi and Sakuya related? (I'm not sure if this has been addressed in the more recent chapters)

Spoiler:

yieloon 2007-12-06 11:17

hey
anyone know the name of the song that is play during the butler network of episode34?

Fruitfly 2007-12-06 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by yieloon (Post 1285956)
hey
anyone know the name of the song that is play during the butler network of episode34?

That's Ayumu's character song. Believe it or not, that's Ayumu singing. :heh:
Called "Kimi ga Iru Kara ~Just Windy Love~"

tripperazn 2007-12-07 00:27

In EP 9 where Hayate goes to the haunted part of Hakuou with Hina following, Risa, Miki, and Izumi are talking about Hina's flute and something about Hayate "working on it" (the flute). At first I thought it was talking about Hayate working his own "flute", with the mentioning of girl's gym shorts and what not, but the flute is actually Hina's? What exactly are they trying to say here?

serenade_beta 2007-12-07 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripperazn (Post 1286856)
In EP 9 where Hayate goes to the haunted part of Hakuou with Hina following, Risa, Miki, and Izumi are talking about Hina's flute and something about Hayate "working on it" (the flute). At first I thought it was talking about Hayate working his own "flute", with the mentioning of girl's gym shorts and what not, but the flute is actually Hina's? What exactly are they trying to say here?

This is basically:

The "perversive" act of putting your lips to the flute, which has been in the mouth of the girl you like.

"Indirect Kiss" might be a better way of saying it.

tripperazn 2007-12-07 03:31

Ah...I see. Having played a wind instrument for 8 years I find that incredibly disgusting...but it's good to know. ;;

Thanks again serenade_beta!

sabret00the 2007-12-24 12:54

Is it just me or has this gone completely downhill. It's a story of a combat butler who doesn't actually combat anything. It's one huge romance/comedy, where as the first episode promised fights and action. I'm really disillusioned to this to the point i don't even archive the episodes any more.

tripperazn 2007-12-24 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabret00the (Post 1311879)
Is it just me or has this gone completely downhill. It's a story of a combat butler who doesn't actually combat anything. It's one huge romance/comedy, where as the first episode promised fights and action. I'm really disillusioned to this to the point i don't even archive the episodes any more.

Sorry if you never noticed, but Hayate no Gotoku was never supposed to be an action series. The "combat butler" is somewhat of a misnomer from the mangaka. "Hayate no Gotoku" is literally translated as "like the wind" or something like that.

From the beginning, it was supposed to be comedy/parody. Notice that it parodies a lot of mecha (evangelion, TTGL, in recent episodes), which is where you derive a lot of the "action" elements.

Terrestrial Dream 2008-01-24 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripperazn (Post 1311890)
Sorry if you never noticed, but Hayate no Gotoku was never supposed to be an action series. The "combat butler" is somewhat of a misnomer from the mangaka. "Hayate no Gotoku" is literally translated as "like the wind" or something like that.

From the beginning, it was supposed to be comedy/parody. Notice that it parodies a lot of mecha (evangelion, TTGL, in recent episodes), which is where you derive a lot of the "action" elements.

When did it have parody to Gurren Lagann? I also got another question, why is Hinagiku so popular?

Fynal_Fyre 2008-01-24 20:55

Episode 39, IIRC they parodied Gurren Lagann, Gainax even helped with that episode's animation.

As for why Hina is so immensely popular....well, there are way too many reasons...:heh:

tripperazn 2008-01-24 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream (Post 1360543)
When did it have parody to Gurren Lagann? I also got another question, why is Hinagiku so popular?

Yeah 39, Gurren-Lagann look-a-like and the cast cosplaying as Simon, Kamina, and Yoko, I think.

Actually, I would also like to know why Hina is so popular. I thought I'd be the only one favoring Hina instead of the twin tails/zettai ryouiki/tsundere/loli/otaku that is Nagi (cute, but for some reason, not as cute as Hina). I don't even know why she appeals to me as a character...

Irenicus 2008-01-24 22:37

The Gurren-Lagann parody actually began with episode 38 with the appearance of *cough* "Viral." :p It's a two-parter together with the glorious episode 39 finishing the third season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripperazn (Post 1360694)
Actually, I would also like to know why Hina is so popular. I thought I'd be the only one favoring Hina instead of the twin tails/zettai ryouiki/tsundere/loli/otaku that is Nagi (cute, but for some reason, not as cute as Hina). I don't even know why she appeals to me as a character...

According to my friend's brother's cousin's best friend, it's an international conspiracy by the N.H.K.

Otherwise she's just cool. Y'know, the perfect woman: independent, skilled, hard-working, smart, and most importantly a hottie, and yet still feminine (as opposed to the stereotypical feminazi). She's pretty much completely different to the average submissive or passive-aggressive (or plain psychotic) anime girls, which get a lil' sluggardly tiring after a while especially if you share the modern feminist sympathy to some extent.

That and the long pink hair methinks. In the end it's an opinion question though.

Terrestrial Dream 2008-01-25 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 1360835)
The Gurren-Lagann parody actually began with episode 38 with the appearance of *cough* "Viral." :p It's a two-parter together with the glorious episode 39 finishing the third season.

According to my friend's brother's cousin's best friend, it's an international conspiracy by the N.H.K.

Otherwise she's just cool. Y'know, the perfect woman: independent, skilled, hard-working, smart, and most importantly a hottie, and yet still feminine (as opposed to the stereotypical feminazi). She's pretty much completely different to the average submissive or passive-aggressive (or plain psychotic) anime girls, which get a lil' sluggardly tiring after a while especially if you share the modern feminist sympathy to some extent.

That and the long pink hair methinks. In the end it's an opinion question though.

You mean Guy Shishio ;). Alright that explains why I didn't see Gurren Lagann because I was up to only episode 35 when I asked that question. I suppose that explains why Hina is so popular.

qtipbrit 2008-02-02 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 1360835)

Yeah, for some reason, people like characters with pink hair. Take Rika from Gift, decent game, sub-par anime, yet I decided to watch it because Rika had pink hair. Also Miyuki from Lucky Star, though she's a meganekko, lowering her Moe power exponentially, people still like her pink hair.
Not many anime characters nowadays have pink hair, and the ones that do are usually lack every other moe trait (Naruto, Bleach), so Hinagiku is just great.

*Forte* 2008-02-07 18:22

About Hinagiku, I don't know exactly why she's so popular, maybe because her beauty like many other characters? Somehow I think her looks the same as Naru from Love Hina....
But she's cool, isn't she? Very powerful and warm-hearted girl...

Question:
Why this series more like a superman-anime day after day? :))

nammerboi 2008-02-07 23:55

A lot of people including myself like hina so much cause she's just so.. cool : D

@Forte. Yeah i've been wondering that myself too =|

Sephi 2008-02-08 07:11

Think this is the most appropriate place to ask such a thing. Does anyone remember which episode it was that Tama (tied up) got whipped by Sakuya? If someone even remember the time of the episode it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Fruitfly 2008-02-12 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephi (Post 1387095)
Think this is the most appropriate place to ask such a thing. Does anyone remember which episode it was that Tama (tied up) got whipped by Sakuya? If someone even remember the time of the episode it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

I think it was in episode 29.
Spoiler for episode details:

Guido 2008-02-16 18:06

In response to episode 42:

Spoiler:

minhtam1638 2008-03-23 16:40

Simple question: This is slated to go 52 episodes, right?