AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Yozakura Quartet ~Hoshi no Umi~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93325)

Shiroth 2010-04-25 04:02

Yozakura Quartet ~Hoshi no Umi~

This is about a month old news that i posted in the announced thread, though didn't notice that a thread was not created.

Going by the official twitter of Yasuda Suzuhito, there well be a OVA remake of Yozakura Quartet, which will be more faithful to the manga. First volume will be bundled together with the 9th manga volume in October.

Title: Yozakura Quartet ~Hoshi no Umi~
Staff
Director & Character Designer & General Graphic Director: Ryochimo
Production Studio: Tatsunoko Productions, KMMJ Studios

New information: Official Website has opened up showing some information (seiyuu which is the same as the first adaptation), though the big plus is the main image which shows the character designs for the OVA. looking very fresh and bright, though not as good as the source material. At least the image shows what arc they hope to reach.

Kakkou 2010-04-25 04:35

Ohh, nice style and colours, but somehow I felt the TV series did a better job with the designs. I'm not liking Akina's look in the main image but it's still too early to pass any proper judgement. Looking forward to this.

-Sho- 2010-04-25 05:42

Yeah me too , i prefer the other design than this one but it's still fine .
Hope for a good remake .

Kakkou 2010-04-25 06:03

I ripped the main site's background for those interested:

also, the annoucement from Yasuda Suzuhito's twitter with Rin's design sheet:
Spoiler for head's looking a bit big there, Rin...:

I can't help but think that the OVA is focusing on Rin's arc and by 'reset' they mean they'll just ignore the anime continuity ala Tsubasa OVAs.

Shiroth 2010-04-25 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 3019945)
I can't help but think that the OVA is focusing on Rin's arc and by 'reset' they mean they'll just ignore the anime continuity ala Tsubasa OVAs.

Yeah it's what i'm thinking. Also the first couple of chapters were already animated in the first adaptation , plus these OVA's are mainly focused at the manga fans, so skipping right to her arc would be quite the treat.

Kakkou 2010-04-25 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3019963)
Yeah it's what i'm thinking. Also the first couple of chapters were already animated in the first adaptation , plus these OVA's are mainly focused at the manga fans, so skipping right to her arc would be quite the treat.

I can't believe I forgot about this until just now. Hoshi no Umi is the name of Rin's arc so yeah, I'm 99.9% certain now :D. Also, considering that it's being released per bound manga volume, it'll be too behind if they do it from the start. If this does well hopefully we'll get more future arcs animated.

LKK 2010-04-25 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 3019865)
I'm not liking Akina's look in the main image

I echo that sentiment. I don't care for the new designs but Akina's especially. I had an Akina avatar during the first show's run, but if the new show keeps with Akina's new design as shown here, I doubt I'll have an Akina avatar this time around. :(

Here's hoping the designs are refined and improved between now and then!

MrTerrorist 2010-04-26 06:09

I don't like the new character designs. They look kinda childish.

Blue-kun 2010-04-26 06:20

While I don't really dig the splash page all that much, the actual character sketches on the page please me greatly. And, honestly, the first season was seriously lacking in the animation department, so with ryochimo on board this time here's hoping we'll be getting a treat visually, 'cause that's basically the one thing that kept me from really enjoying the first Yozakura.

Also, the nekomimi girl just looks too cute in this outfit, hah.

Shiroth 2010-04-26 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 3021610)
I don't like the new character designs. They look kinda childish.

It's a shame we couldn't just have Yasuda Suzuhito work on the character designs. :(

Blue-kun 2010-04-26 06:36

Oh, and that reminds me, I'm extremely curious to see how the score for this will turn out. Having Suemitsu compose the soundtrack might result in something sort of FLCL-ish, in the sense that most BGM will be like songs -- as was the case with the pillows.

Oh well, can't wait til October.

LKK 2010-04-26 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3021631)
It's a shame we couldn't just have Yasuda Suzuhito work on the character designs. :(

I wonder why Suzuhito isn't doing the character designs for his own manga?

Shiroth 2010-04-26 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 3021770)
I wonder why Suzuhito isn't doing the character designs for his own manga?

Ermm, he does. :p

Guardian Enzo 2010-04-26 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3021631)

I rather like the designs. To me, the character designs from the original adaptation are extremely vanilla, in a bad way. These look closer to the originals, to my eyes.

Shiroth 2010-04-26 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3021796)
I rather like the designs. To me, the character designs from the original adaptation are extremely vanilla, in a bad way. These look closer to the originals, to my eyes.

Oh don't get me wrong, i like the designs, though just look at Durarara. I'd rather have the original character designer (Suzuhito) work on them.

LKK 2010-04-26 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3021789)
Ermm, he does. :p

I had to stop and think about your response for a minute..
Smarty pants. You knew what I meant. :p

Jarmel 2010-04-26 16:28

As long as the plot is better than the anime series than I might give this a watch.

DragoonKain3 2010-04-28 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3021796)

Suzuhito has a very distinct art style. Immediately, I can see strong resemblance between the game Devil Survivor, Yozakura Quartet 1st season anime/LN, and Durarara anime/LN. I don't see it with this version, just like I was so surprised when I read that Kamisama Kazoku's original design was made by him when the anime looked nothing like it. :heh:

Sinestra 2010-04-28 17:32

Wow i like those character designs. I didnt get around to watching S1 till after all the discussions had died. Add season 2 to my to watch list already.

Shiroth 2010-04-29 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinestra (Post 3025776)
Wow i like those character designs. I didnt get around to watching S1 till after all the discussions had died. Add season 2 to my to watch list already.

You could have started reading the manga though. :p