AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Binary Domain (360/PS3), produced by maker of Monkey Balls and RGG (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99590)

Sides 2010-12-08 14:07

Binary Domain (360/PS3/PC), produced by maker of Monkey Balls and RGG

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7...narydomain.jpg
image is copyrighted and title trademarked by Sega

Binary Domain is a new Sega IP, produced by Toshihiro Nagoshi.

Homepage
|Superior Japanese Homepage

You can read a summary of an articled featured in famitsu, over on andriasang.com

I haven't read through the article yet, so i don't really know what it is. It looks like a 3rd person shooter adventure, based on the RGG series? I know there are fan who enjoy Nagoshi produced, directed or supervised games on this board and stunned that this wasn't posted, yet.

Destructoid have preview on this forgotten game, even I have almost forgotten about this title. Link
I would like to post a image up, but their hp is sooooo empty, except for a couple of videos, there is nothing. I hope Sega will do some PR before the game comes out... Until Firefly00 pointed out that the japanses site is load with stuff. Shame on you sega internationale.

BTW changed title name, since some people have no clue who made monkey balls and other don't know that RGG is short for Ryu ga Gotoku and is sold outside japan as Yakuza.

No port begging please!

Khristinajane 2010-12-09 11:20

love

"As food is needed for the body, them same way love is needed for the soul. Food strengthens the body while love strengths the soul. A person is incomplete without love."

Sides 2011-09-30 02:16

Finally some news. Nothing really to get excited about. It is just product placement inside the game. Yes, game will be sponsored by Nissin Cup Noodle, Tully's Coffee and Osho no Gyoza. Read more on andriasang.com

Firefly00 2011-09-30 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 3382480)
I would like to post a image up, but their hp is sooooo empty, except for a couple of videos, there is nothing. I hope Sega will do some PR before the game comes out...

Sounds like you tried to rifle the US site... here, go directly to source.

It's not just Sega: I've noticed that in many cases the official US and Europe sites for a game lag behind their Japanese siblings in terms of content. Not exactly smart from a marketing standpoint.

Sides 2011-10-08 05:02

Added new PV, that explains the Consequence System. Kind of looking forward in shooting some robots, got kind of tired shooting humans/zombies/mutants and monsters.

Firefly00 2011-10-08 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 3785577)
Finally some news. Nothing really to get excited about. It is just product placement inside the game. Yes, game will be sponsored by Nissin Cup Noodle, Tully's Coffee and Osho no Gyoza.[/URL]

This is not a bad thing, provided it's done properly. For instance, if a character in a cutscene is eating, an appearance of Nissin Cup Noodle would not be unreasonable; on the other hand, one of Pepsi's current ads on a ruined billboard in Fallout: New Vagas would not be proper (one of their 1950s ads, on the other hand...). Further observation will be required to see if this lesson is taken to heart here.

It also occurs to me that co-operative play would be a natural addition; specifically either or both of the following permutations:
  • campaign play without AI squadmates (the host is Dan; those joining can choose their character, with protocols to avoid duplicates); and
  • the common, but by no means not fun, Horde/Firefight analogue

Sides 2011-10-09 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly00 (Post 3798432)
It also occurs to me that co-operative play would be a natural addition; specifically either or both of the following permutations:
  • campaign play without AI squadmates (the host is Dan; those joining can choose their character, with protocols to avoid duplicates); and
  • the common, but by no means not fun, Horde/Firefight analogue

Sega have showed in the past that they have a good understanding in creating co-op gaming. I mean PSO, at least in my view, is pretty much the blueprint for co-op gaming. I would welcome co-op scenarios outside of the story campaign, like PSO's challenges/quest, like maximum attack, or team battle.

Yu Ominae 2011-10-10 01:22

Binary Domain

Has some shades of Vexille and the Terminator series. But looks cool as I want to play another upcoming squad-based game soon.

Firefly00 2011-10-10 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 3800771)
But looks cool as I want to play another upcoming squad-based game soon.

Since we need more than trailers to make an informed decision, I feel kind of silly for not pointing this out earlier:

Playthrough at X'11 with commentary by North American Producer Sam Mullen

Yu Ominae 2011-10-10 23:37

Thanks for that trailer mate.

I don't know if there will be more squad members but recent trailers have showed

Spoiler for Characters:

Firefly00 2011-10-11 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 3802110)
Thanks for that trailer mate.

No problem; I was amused to see that strategic dismemberment can play a part here too. On another note, I imagine that certain scenes might change depending on who's with you at the time and how well you get along, adding one layer of replayability (much like how each of the marines in Aliens: Infestation has their own dialogue). This is of course above and beyond any gear that becomes available in new-game-plus at the ingame store.

felix 2011-10-11 10:14

Gameplay looks nice.

Firefly00 2011-10-13 11:51

And speaking of multiplayer...

Gamestop recently interviewed one Sam Mullen on this very topic; feel free to put eyes on it yourselves here.

Sides 2011-11-04 04:20

More details on multiplayer modes and character classes, read the complete story on andriasang.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoop/andriasang.com

Free For All
Supports 2 to 10 players. Face off against all other players. Defeat an opponent, and your score rises. The player with the top score when time runs out wins.

Team Death Match
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one assuming the role of the government army and one the resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds, with the winner determined by score when time runs out, wins.

Team Survival
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds by wiping out the opposing team wins the match.

Operation
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Each team takes turns on offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to use bombs scattered about the stage to destroy the defensive side's resources.

Data Capture
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Prior to battle, each team places "data" around their area. You attempt to protect your data while finding and taking the other team's data.

Domain Control
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Teams switch off between offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to take control of three "points" on the defensive side.

Cooperative Play
Supports 4 players. In this mode, all four players team up to defeat enemy robots. The mode consists of three areas of play (including one in Shibuya), each with 50 rounds. You advance to the next round by defeating all the enemies in the current round. This mode can also be played solo.

Sides 2011-11-09 06:38

First print bonus is a DLC code for Kazuma Kiryu, online mode only(?). Read more on andriasang.com

Screens, source andriasang.com

Firefly00 2011-12-11 02:52

And now, Gamespot Daily Demo going through some early footage with Toshihiro Nagoshi (producer)...

Aka 2011-12-11 16:12

With the producer of MadWorld, Vanquish & Resonance of Fate. This game will deliver for me.

Sides 2012-02-01 08:39

Anyone siphoned the demo from (the japanese) PSN yet?

Chase 2012-02-01 10:18

Played the demo earlier, its short but i enjoyed what i played. First off i love the menu as it matches the futuristic/sci-fi vibe of the game which im a sucker for. The gameplay itself i really can't find anything grossly wrong with it right now. It just plays well grabbing elements from different games and blending them in to make for some solid controls. The environment is immersive to me and i like the way characters communicate with each other(also voice command threw mic).

Also like little things like blowing off pieces of the robot enemies and random grenade toss straight backwards from cover just adds to it.lol. I only played it once, i will play it more later on(been playing the Twisted Metal and Syndicate demos) but right now, tho i don't know if i would pay full price for it, i did enjoy what i played.

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-02-01 11:53

Ya know I was gonna make a topic about the demo but this just saves me the trouble.

Anyway I tried it out and for such a short and simple demo it was fairly enjoyable, It took some getting used to for me with how "tight" the controls felt and I actually liked the squad command functions. Only problem I had was SOMETIMES your team mates tend to get in your freaking way and that it left me wanting more but that's what a demo is supposed to do so it's okay.

All in all the demo made me look forward to the actual game and it also made me debate getting the Japanese version as well to support the sales in Japan and to get the mutiplayer Skin for Kazuma Kiryu from the Ryu ga Gotoku series.

Chase 2012-02-01 20:10

More regarding the Binary Domain demo, from a technical standpoint, their was some noticable framerate drop in stage 2 and it happened when the action was very chaotic from a fire fight standpoint. Nothing deal breaking tho. Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this). I went melee finish off one of the red robots and the robot grabs my leg.lol. The guns are nice also, particularly the sniper rifle and the shotgun. The weapons are upgradeable too. Again i enjoyed the demo.

kenjiharima 2012-02-01 20:48

When I first saw this. I was like what? A dating sim/relation with teammates, the better the relation you have with your team the more effective they are.

Well as Iam thinking now after testing the demo what other features will this game have? Iam very interested, but not to the point buying this first hand yet.

Sides 2012-02-02 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase (Post 3981612)
More regarding the Binary Domain demo, from a technical standpoint, their was some noticable framerate drop in stage 2 and it happened when the action was very chaotic from a fire fight standpoint. Nothing deal breaking tho. Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this). I went melee finish off one of the red robots and the robot grabs my leg.lol. The guns are nice also, particularly the sniper rifle and the shotgun. The weapons are upgradeable too. Again i enjoyed the demo.

I heard about this. Since i have both consoles I think I wait and see which one has a better frame-rate. Apparently the frame-rate in the 360 demo is much more stable than on the ps3, shame really since this team made how many ps3 exclusives now? 4 i think.
Don't know if anyone is interested but here, comparison between 360 & ps3 demo, if you are like me still deciding which version to get this could probably help you.

Sides 2012-02-15 14:24

Binary Domain demo is up on PSN and 360 live for the other regions. Give it a shot, it is not bad.

Yu Ominae 2012-02-15 16:15

More news on the DLC.

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-02-16 00:26

Playing this with a headset just made me hate my voice and pronunciation skills all over again. What makes me mad is when I don't even say anything it chooses a command for me..

kenjiharima 2012-02-16 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 4007868)

Ok why the hell are the Yakuza cast are there? Is it to make the new Yakuza shooters game sell? Well of course! :heh:

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-02-16 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 4008382)
Ok why the hell are the Yakuza cast are there? Is it to make the new Yakuza shooters game sell? Well of course! :heh:

Of course not. It's mere fan service and to simply include them in the multiplayer part of the game. Plus why wouldn't the Ryu ga gotoku team pay tribute to the characters from their successful franchise in the game in some form?

Crimrui 2012-02-16 05:24

Tried the demo today. I don't know why but I just loved the camera position and solid character movement. I really liked how different teammate suggestions are given throughout the first mission, depending on what characters you picked up.

Framrate dropping was noticeable during the second mission, but it was expectable. There was a massive clash out with the robots coming on both sides. It was a bit hard too, trying to pick different cover only to see that there are some enemies from other side too.

I'm liking the idea of pursing relationship with your team. Faye pretty much caught my eye.

Fun game overall.

Firefly00 2012-02-17 15:05

Put in some stick time on the demo; found the mechanics are certainly sound, and I might pick it up at some point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase (Post 3981612)
Also you need to finish robots off as just blowing off the limbs don't stop their determination(of course you guys knew this).

Interesting tidbit: relieve a robot of its head and watch what ensues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 4008382)

On that note I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Valkyria Chronicles cast show up here either.

Yu Ominae 2012-03-10 23:51

Short overview of the main characters.

Game's wiki.

Crimrui 2012-03-11 14:25

Man, GameTrailers acted like a troll with their review. They were even complaining how the cutscenes were long. Don't they know that cutscene is there to explain the story? If they weren't there, GT would just say that the game lacks substance in a story, hence giving another minus. And they were complaining how they had problems with the bosses too. Professional players my ass...

Firefly00 2012-03-11 19:01

The adversarial multiplayer modes are an interesting beast in that they blend rank progression ala CoD and Battlefield-style loadouts (each with a distinct primary weapon and set of nanites), then cherry with being able to purchase gear before each round and respawn in the vein of Counter-Strike.

Here's some team deathmatch footage with commentary:

Sides 2012-03-19 16:31

Good news game will be released for PC this april, next month ^^
Source: sega blog

You can already pre-purchase it on steam. 6 April is listed on steam as release date, but kind of expensive £29.99

kenjiharima 2012-03-19 22:59

^
Nice a PC release!

Also speaking of Yakuza again Yakuza Lost Souls. I knew BD will promote a Yakuza shooter game. :p

Merilyn Mensola 2012-03-22 07:32

I think i want to try this game...i read a detailed review..and seems to be good...

The campaign in single player seems to be long...

The graphics are a little see-saw..at times is very accurate,at times a little less..but bosses are done really well ...and the gameplay is good as well...

Interesting...i think that i try it.

RWBladewing 2012-03-22 08:09

I'll definitely be getting this sometime this week after seeing Giant Bomb's quick look video of it. The gameplay itself is irrelevant - the fact that the game apparently recognizes curse words as part of its voice command system, and the very existence of Big Bo, are more than enough to convince me.:D

Merilyn Mensola 2012-03-22 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWBladewing (Post 4066014)
I'll definitely be getting this sometime this week after seeing Giant Bomb's quick look video of it. The gameplay itself is irrelevant - the fact that the game apparently recognizes curse words as part of its voice command system, and the very existence of Big Bo, are more than enough to convince me.:D

I agree..i'm interested in the Voice command as well..and the I.A.seems to be good..

To think that you can talk to your team....and can you said to they f***...or something like this..:heh:

RWBladewing 2012-03-22 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola (Post 4066142)
I agree..i'm interested in the Voice command as well..and the I.A.seems to be good..

To think that you can talk to your team....and can you said to they f***...or something like this..:heh:

Haha, I sure hope the A.I. is good, or I may end up using the voice command to cuss out my team even more than I already intend to.:heh: Sure wish Gears of War 3 had that function for when the A.I. stood right in front of me doing nothing while I bled out for the nth time... some of the things I said to that game would have made Marcus Fenix blush IRL.

Merilyn Mensola 2012-03-22 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWBladewing (Post 4066607)
Haha, I sure hope the A.I. is good, or I may end up using the voice command to cuss out my team even more than I already intend to.:heh: Sure wish Gears of War 3 had that function for when the A.I. stood right in front of me doing nothing while I bled out for the nth time... some of the things I said to that game would have made Marcus Fenix blush IRL.

Yes..the I.A. is good..really good...in the review is mentioned that is good..for example..if you hit a robot in the leg,and breaks,he will crawl towards you by shooting, and if you hit him in the arm..if the arm is destroyed,he will take the gun with the other hand..so the I.A. is good and the enemy are intelligent..

The boss are all amazing..this is what is said in the review.