AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (L) Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. (The Detective Is Already Dead) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156322)

Marina2 2021-06-26 09:27

PV3

The First ep. will be 1 hour special.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
The more I see it, the more I like it.

Frontier 2021-06-26 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 6478215)
PV3

The First ep. will be 1 hour special.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
The more I see it, the more I like it.

I still have no idea what this is about, but it looks interesting :heh:.

With all the promotional material and one hour premier, looks like they're really banking on this being big :eyespin:.

Kanon 2021-06-26 18:13

Some of the cuts in this trailer were pretty amazing.

Stark700 2021-07-02 10:22

Funimation announced for streaming

https://twitter.com/Funimation/statu...77095665192967

Frontier 2021-07-02 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 6478848)

Funimation has both of my Sunday shows :).

Frontier 2021-07-04 11:47

When you're a trouble magnate who keeps running into dangerous situations and crimes against your will, sometimes fate throws you a bone and lets you meet a cute, well-dressed, detective girl ;).

So Siesta isn't actually her name? Just a codename? And that seems pretty common in her line of work? I wonder if we'll ever find out her real name :eyebrow:?

Whenever Siesta uses "Kimi" I'm not sure if she's calling him by name or just calling him "you" :heh:.

A few years ago Yoshitsugu Matsuoka probably would've been voicing Kimihiko, but instead he's voicing the starting villain of this series in Bat. Matsuoka doesn't play villains as often as he plays Harem protagonists, but he did a great job here :).

So...Siesta's main goal is stopping SPES and their android enforcers? What is Siesta exactly? She has this natural affinity for being a detective, and has all these magical detective items, and she somehow has strength enough to lift Kimihiko without any effort jump around quickly, so is that all her detective tools :confused:?

I really want to get to know that redheaded female police character :D.

Well, having a female freeloader that's as cute as Siesta isn't the worst thing in the world, even if she orders food on your dime and wears your clothes...actually, that sounds kind of nice beyond wearing just your shirt in your apartment :eyespin:.

I guess to Siesta pizza is more important than a boy's dick :p.

I'm kind of curious exactly what Siesta's feelings for Kimihiko are. It feels like at times she's casually flirting with him, and other times she's downplaying the possibility of a relationship while at the same time teasing the heck out of him. Obviously Kimihiko is frustrated with her but can't help but be enamored by her beauty and thinking of the pair of them in a romcom situation together :uhoh:.

So...seven detective tools, the gun with her blood, a key that can open any door, and shoes that can let her leap great heights. I wonder when we'll meet the rest :cool:?

Kimihiko got a good view of Siesta's thighs in those black tights and got to see the top of her underwear. Not bad :naughty:.

Kimihiko was all pumped up to see her in a sexy maid outfit, no surprise there, but in the end she picks something even better...a wedding dress that she looks absolutely stunning in, with Kimihiko as her groom. Totally impractical for a chase scene, but more than worth it :love:.

So Kimihiko decides to join up with Siesta after realizing she's going to use his disaster magnet abilities to her advantage but only after she declares her willingness to protect him...and then he basically proposes to her. Relationship is moving fast :innocent:.

Although all that being said, the title of the anime already indicates that Siesta has somehow died in the interim between that scene and Kimihiko at the end, which makes me wonder what happened and what's going on with Siesta since I don't think they'll actually keep the show's Main Heroine dead beyond the fact that she's still in the Opening :o.

Looks like Kimihiko has continued solving crimes even without Siesta, and that's gotten the attention of another girl...and looks like she's going to put his face to her boobs and take him to a prison? This show is hitting so many different beats :eek:.

The Opening seems like a pretty fun and dynamic theme, showcasing Kimihiko running around while all the girls look pretty and interesting :D.

GDB 2021-07-04 14:20

Really didn't feel good about this episode. The mysteries ranged from obvious/cliche to requiring a frame by frame analysis to properly solve (rather than just go "Yeah, this is probably what the end-result will be". Siesta was overpowered as hell for being a "normal human", but apparently just has 7 special tools that make her broken OP whenever she wants. Not to mention removing the viewer from the process of solving the crime by having her basically already solve it before the scenes start.

Then you have the MC, who is rather obnoxious/bland. Odd how one can be both at the same time, but as he said "the situation changes by the hour".

There was also an odd mood whiplash, with the narrative constantly jumping between slice of life/rom-com/mystery/action. Made it hard to get invested in a scene when they'd suddenly just stop what they're doing to start cosplaying.

I dunno, I'll give it another episode or two but my expectations have plummeted pretty far.

Frontier 2021-07-04 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 6479345)
Really didn't feel good about this episode. The mysteries ranged from obvious/cliche to requiring a frame by frame analysis to properly solve (rather than just go "Yeah, this is probably what the end-result will be". Siesta was overpowered as hell for being a "normal human", but apparently just has 7 special tools that make her broken OP whenever she wants. Not to mention removing the viewer from the process of solving the crime by having her basically already solve it before the scenes start.

Then you have the MC, who is rather obnoxious/bland. Odd how one can be both at the same time, but as he said "the situation changes by the hour".

There was also an odd mood whiplash, with the narrative constantly jumping between slice of life/rom-com/mystery/action. Made it hard to get invested in a scene when they'd suddenly just stop what they're doing to start cosplaying.

I dunno, I'll give it another episode or two but my expectations have plummeted pretty far.

I'm not sure how much we're supposed to take this as a serious detective show and more just a series where it's more just to facilitate the plot and lead to flashier stuff with it being carried by the leads :eyespin:.

I didn't really find Kimi obnoxious, but to each their own. Seems like a solid, put upon, everyman...

I think that hodgepodge of genre's is intentional :heh:.

HandofFate 2021-07-04 16:31

Found it really boring, the MC is so boring and doesn't seem to have any unique trait, he says he's always running into trouble so he's quick thinking, but don't see any of that in the first two cases that were in anyway impressive.

And there was a lot of talking and banter, which I don't mind, but didn't find the banter any interesting or clever. Add to the confusing title, at a loss.

Kanon 2021-07-04 17:58

It was kind of a mess, but waiting to see where it goes from there. Now that Siesta isn't around anymore to asspull solutions, it might get interesting. I think the real mystery is Siesta herself. Basically everything about her.

Chosen_Hero 2021-07-04 18:20

..... Well that was disappointing.

Marcus H. 2021-07-04 19:02

So things have been set up now. We have the mysterious yet bubbly Siesta, a detective—or rather, secret agent-esque character—who "solves cases before they can start", and Kimihiko, a guy who attracts trouble wherever he goes. There's also SPES, that engages in various illegal (drugs trade) and unethical (human body enhancement) acts for the sake of providing "salvation" to the world.

We already have a clue that Siesta did not die despite the title's suggestion because of the very first case; Siesta declares Koumori dead despite not ending his life, assuring him that her connections will enable him to live a new life as another person. This means that it is possible for Siesta to do the same for herself. Why exactly? We have yet to determine, especially we're only about to take a deep dive into this world. That aside, we're gonna see some parallel storytelling here, involving Kimi's flashback days as a middle school student "Watson" to Siesta, and the present-day struggles of having to deal with Siesta's demise.

Alchemist007 2021-07-04 19:02

Directionless is how I'd describe it.

serenade_beta 2021-07-04 19:57

Spoiler for ep1:

Wandering Soul 2021-07-04 20:30

Can't really say this did much for me. I'll guess I'll stick around for a bit longer though. With Siesta gone, hopefully the MC will stand out more and the mysteries will be more interesting.

bakato 2021-07-04 21:03

Stellar production values wasted on an uninteresting train wreck of a plot. And the huge problem with those values was the soundtrack. Big bombastic action sequences need kickass scores to make them memorable and there was NOTHING playing during that fantastically animated fight scene.

Marcus H. 2021-07-04 22:39

Looks like I'm the only one with a more positive outlook on the series. :heh:

Marina2 2021-07-04 22:55

I don't really see "wreck of a plot" or "Directionless" everyone talking about. Isn't this whole first ep. is just a long prologue to introduce character and the world?. The real story isn't even start yet.

In fact, all we see here is basically this plot Summary quote from the first page in the animated form
Quote:

Kimizuka Kimihiko is a crisis-magnet. From getting caught up in a crime scene to accidentally witnessing a drug deal, trouble seems to find him around every corner. So it is no surprise when his rather mundane flight suddenly enters a state of emergency with a dire need of a detective onboard. Unfortunately, his attempt at avoiding trouble is foiled by a beautiful girl with silver hair who goes by the codename Siesta. Declaring herself a detective, she unceremoniously drags Kimizuka into the case as her assistant.

That incident spelled the beginning of an adventure around the globe that went beyond his wildest imagination. Putting their lives on the line, the two took down criminal organizations, prevented disasters, and saved thousands. But the curtain closed to their epic journey with Siesta's untimely death three years later.

Thor's Hammer 2021-07-04 23:12

Not feeling this show so far. This looks like one of those shows where the girls are all over the main character as was the case with Siesta. I found neither of the two cases in Episode 1 interesting and feel the show is quite bland and uninspiring.

Frontier 2021-07-04 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6479389)
Looks like I'm the only one with a more positive outlook on the series. :heh:

I mean, I thought I sounded pretty positive :heh:.

Honestly I feel like this show might benefit from the 3-episode rule where some of the more random and disparate plot elements might become more clear in future episode...or maybe it keeps being this crazy, who knows :eyespin:.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer (Post 6479393)
Not feeling this show so far. This looks like one of those shows where the girls are all over the main character as was the case with Siesta. I found neither of the two cases in Episode 1 interesting and feel the show is quite bland and uninspiring.

I don't think Siesta was all over him. There was a kind of casual flirtation and interest but not necessarily definitive, even if it did lean romantic (in my opinion of course).