AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

StratoSpear 2013-12-03 18:01

Gonna do some re-arranging of my shelf, hopefully to accomodate more kits. While the 3.0 is still well on his way, I figured I should get more UC kits. Probably some grunt units...

Any suggestions? Jegans? GMs?

suiton629 2013-12-03 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4930613)
Gonna do some re-arranging of my shelf, hopefully to accomodate more kits. While the 3.0 is still well on his way, I figured I should get more UC kits. Probably some grunt units...

Any suggestions? Jegans? GMs?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Grade

You can check there. Which UC series do you collect? If it's Unicorn..

MG MSN-001A1 Delta Plus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTYAPa3Ok8

MG RGM-96X Jesta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtBcqw9lP4

MG RGZ-95C ReZEL Commander Type
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tiKxkg_KK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65d8nfeaEtM

MG RGZ-95C ReZEL Type C [Defenser B-Unit] [GR]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKo6TKkWKjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeoLszl1F0

Arze 2013-12-03 18:58

@ StratoSpear hg or mg?
if is a MG with a good price, I would chose Nemo. (Im a feddy guy)
I don't have it so I don't know how good it is, but I love the inner frame detail and the articulation is good enough to please me.

suiton629 2013-12-03 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arze (Post 4930665)
oh suiton and his Bait-and-switch techniques...
lol

@ StratoSpear hg or mg?
if is a MG with a good price, I would chose Nemo. (Im a feddy guy)
I don't have it so I don't know how good it is, but I love the inner frame detail and the articulation is good enough to please me.

I assumed MG since he mentioned the 3.0 (MG RX78-2 ver 3.0)... DEDUCTIVE REASONING FTW !!! :P

Arze 2013-12-03 19:15

Good boy!

but look at this:
Quote:

Any suggestions? Jegans? GMs?
There is no Jegans in MG...

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-03 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4930613)
Gonna do some re-arranging of my shelf, hopefully to accomodate more kits. While the 3.0 is still well on his way, I figured I should get more UC kits. Probably some grunt units...

Any suggestions? Jegans? GMs?

HG or MG?

Neo-Zeon unit or Zanscare grunts are cool, if you're not into feddies.

Arze 2013-12-03 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4930692)
HG or MG?

Neo-Zeon unit or Zanscare grunts are cool, if you're not into feddies.

What is your favorite Zanscare unit? I only have the 1/144 leads and they are pretty cool (except the v2 buster, that one is a trap)

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-03 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arze (Post 4930700)
What is your favorite Zanscare unit? I only have the 1/144 leads and they are pretty cool (except the v2 buster, that one is a trap)

I'm not into UC much, unfortunately, AU-fag and all.

Zanspine is the only unit I'm familiar with (it's non-canon), Zanscare and their freaky design is good, but the colorings are horrible.

Neo Zeon unit though.... they're awesome. Even the Gearas are bling.

StratoSpear 2013-12-03 20:09

My apologies for not narrowing it down. I'm looking for HGUCs ^^

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-03 20:17

If you want simple and practical looking, Zaku or GM lineage, they're also often cheaper.

If you want bling and overengineering, basically most of Neo Zeon Grunt, they're kind of expensive. Can't compete with this one monster though.

Oh, and don't forget the Titans, Messala is the worst offender.

Aurelis 2013-12-03 20:55

I'm not much of a grunt collector but the ones I have built are:

- Powered GM
- Rezel Type-C [GR]

Man, that's a pathetic list, but anyway, for the Powered GM, it was an alright build. Straight forward and simple, it is a no fuss kit with some nice features like the rotable wrist and my favourite, that Bullpup machine gun.

As for the Rezel, it's an overwhelming grunt unit. Despite it's mediocre showing in the movie, the kit is large. I swore it towers over most of my Gundams. In fact, just the backpack alone felt like an entire unit on its own. It's one of the few kits that really look good in waverider form too. The only gripe I have about it is the long seamlines, on the guns and the limbs.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I myself am starting to feel the love for grunt units but since I've not done my Zaku and GM Sniper, I can't give an honest opinion about it.

I gotta say that the recent variations of the Zaku II looks to be quite a nice addition to the HG lines.

But of course, the best grunt 1/144 model kit is the RG Zaku II :heh:

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-03 20:59

That makes me wonder

Can you use Amazing Booster on RG Zaku II?

Skye629 2013-12-03 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4930738)
My apologies for not narrowing it down. I'm looking for HGUCs ^^

Most HGUC grunts are pretty nice kits

I suggest these:

Federation:
- The GM line and its spin off variations like the Nemo, take your pick based on preference, there's many to choose from
- Jegans
- ReZEL's, IMO the best HGUC transforming grunt to date

Zeon and its other incarnations:
- Zaku, same as GM, so many to choose from
- Everything else

No, Im serious, all the Zeon HGUC grunt kits are great, just take your pick based on what you like

I will note though that you should only get the grunt Sleeve units if you are fine with the Sleeve stickers, or are willing/planning to do something about it

Aurelis 2013-12-03 23:21

I was wondering, this forum, I've seen Gundam fans, Zeon followers, grunt lovers but is there anyone out there who went out to purchase and build the following kits:

- Type 89 Base Jabber
- Base Jabber [Unicorn Ver]
- Zaku Mariner
- Zee Zulu
- Zock

Now, the Base Jabbers speak for itself, it looks like a nice addition but so far personally, I've not felt a single drop of want for it. Unlike the Type 94 for Unicorn but that was a P Bandai Exclusive. The Ball and Lotto has their own appeal in this regard.

For the Zaku Mariner and Zee Zulu, it's the funky aquatic design which feels really weird, that it makes me wonder if there's any fans out there for these units.

And lastly, Zock, that big ass kit which actually looks loveable but did anyone actually buy it? I felt almost, very barely, the same way for the Re-GZ.

ZeroXSEED 2013-12-04 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4930905)
Now, the Base Jabbers speak for itself, it looks like a nice addition but so far personally, I've not felt a single drop of want for it. Unlike the Type 94 for Unicorn but that was a P Bandai Exclusive. The Ball and Lotto has their own appeal in this regard.

If I can throw my two cents, Lotto & Ball >> Base Jabber

Lotto and Ball are pretty funky units, their presence can be used as complement or stand alone kits. And despite being tiny, they're fairly complex model, which can be seen from their pricetag. (1300-1600 yen for two unit, compare to much larger but simpler kits like GM, Gyan, or Guncannon which is within 700-800 yen pricetag)

Base Jabber on the other hand... well it's only works as complement, but nothing else. If you have money for it, sure why not, but there's little reason of getting them other than glorified accessories for existing unit.

Even Flying Armor and G-Defenser had more standalone value than Base Jabber.

Skye629 2013-12-04 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4931027)
If I can throw my two cents, Lotto & Ball >> Base Jabber

Lotto and Ball are pretty funky units, their presence can be used as complement or stand alone kits. And despite being tiny, they're fairly complex model, which can be seen from their pricetag. (1300-1600 yen for two unit, compare to much larger but simpler kits like GM, Gyan, or Guncannon which is within 700-800 yen pricetag)

Base Jabber on the other hand... well it's only works as complement, but nothing else. If you have money for it, sure why not, but there's little reason of getting them other than glorified accessories for existing unit.

Even Flying Armor and G-Defenser had more standalone value than Base Jabber.

The Base Jabbers are superb for diorama's/scene reenactments though :D

Shinobi2013 2013-12-04 04:09

So far my favorite grunts are the Zulus, gotta love their sleeve parts. So far I have the Geara Zulu, Guards type and Angelo Sauper's custom, I still don't have the Zee Zulu though:


Also I suggest HGUC Kampfer, I still don't have it though but I was tempted to get one.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-12-04 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4931114)
So far my favorite grunts are the Zulus, gotta love their sleeve parts. So far I have the Geara Zulu, Guards type and Angelo Sauper's custom, I still don't have the Zee Zulu though:


Also I suggest HGUC Kampfer, I still don't have it though but I was tempted to get one.

The Zee Zulu is probably my favourite of the Zulus^^ Love that knives

Tormenk 2013-12-04 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratoSpear (Post 4930613)
Gonna do some re-arranging of my shelf, hopefully to accomodate more kits. While the 3.0 is still well on his way, I figured I should get more UC kits. Probably some grunt units...

Any suggestions? Jegans? GMs?

I got a ECOAS Jegan, simple but good looking. It's got a unique bazooka and choice of two head visors for display are added benefits.

The Byarlant Custom isn't a grunt but it is a wonderful build and looks pretty good too.

Aurelis 2013-12-04 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4931114)

Also I suggest HGUC Kampfer, I still don't have it though but I was tempted to get one.

Oh yes. The Kampfer looks like a nice catch but I'd like the Build Fighter version too :eyespin:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.