AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Zero no Tsukaima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Zero no Tsukaima Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=35171)

Catgirls 2006-08-13 16:07

Zero no Tsukaima Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode of Zero no Tsukaima. Episode 07!

While Zero no Tsukaima has not been licensed, it is produced by or has an affiliation with Media Factory Inc., (MFI), therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are not allowed in this forum.
  • Asking where you can find Zero no Tsukaima downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Zero no Tsukaima fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and RAWs alike. You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs either.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Episode 10]This is example text and what you would see when clicking on the Spoiler button.[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Episode 10:

wrex_japan 2006-08-13 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by eggplant
Nice tsundere episode!
Spoiler for Episode 7:

Though Saito is not a chevalier... it seems most people here are quite informative about Zero no Tsukaima, but here's a summary of episode 7 anyway.

garra113 2006-08-13 22:23

I am suprise that when she said kiss, saito thought kiss her in the lip O_O. I think hes doing it on purpose.

Omniscient 2006-08-13 22:46

Episode 07 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Owaranai Destiny 2006-08-14 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garra113
I am suprise that when she said kiss, saito thought kiss her in the lip O_O. I think hes doing it on purpose.

I would think it was a simple case of ignorance on his part, though I've never seen someone so ignorant of the societal rules of the nobility as well as their customs.:heh: It was really a good way to start an episode....

Saito's really hot stuff for girls, eh?:eyespin:

Water 2006-08-14 10:24

*Rewinding Saito x Henrietta kiss"

Saito does really know how to kiss. :heh: .

EvolutionXI 2006-08-14 19:57

Good way to start the ep off with the kissing scene. Can't wait to see how the story develops in next ep too...with the way this ep ended

garra113 2006-08-14 20:12

May I also ask something? Although I watch this series there's a couple of words I can't understand. Can someone explain to me why does Louise need money bad? Thats the only part I couldn't translate myself.

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Srin Tuar 2006-08-14 20:16

Quote:

May I also ask something? Although I watch this series there's a couple of words I can't understand. Can someone explain to me why does Louise need money bad? Thats the only part I couldn't translate myself.

Anrietta gave them some funding to cover their expenses on the mission.
Ruizu seems to want to squander it all on a horse and expensive inn rooms, rather than slumming it like she should.

However, the main reason its confusing to you is that this episode is taken out of context with the novels, and in the anime there is no reason to suspect she would be on a tight budget being a rich noble and all.

garra113 2006-08-14 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Ruizu seems to want to squander it all on a horse and expensive inn rooms, rather than slumming it like she should.

However, the main reason its confusing to you is that this episode is taken out of context with the novels, and in the anime there is no reason to suspect she would be on a tight budget being a rich noble and all.

So there not really in a tight budget but its a mission?

Anacone 2006-08-15 09:35

One reason could be that she really spent so much money for medicine in ep 2 plus she bought that sword too. They haven't really said that she's rich noble.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-08-15 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akeval
I've only watched the opening with the kiss, i think they should have done that a bit better, like not make her stick out her hand...its common sense.

Oh definitely, it is sooo common sense...
:rolleyes:

If you grabbed a Japanese Bloke off the streets of Akibahara, (electric heaven for the Gadget Geek) Which Saito is assumed to be walking to or from as he is seen holding a Laptop, in modern Japan.

Yeah I'm sure they will know EXACTLY what to do when you meet a gaijin queen, like you do everyday in Japan, and show proper behaviour when your been commended for your action.

Yes really, it's all common sense, to a typical Japanese Teenager, I mean they knows about princesses, queens, knights, fantasy western tales in Japan right? it's something native to Japan right? I mean it is mandatory to teach them that in a far eastern educational institute, right? Right?

sleeping beauty tale is so popluar in Japan, it definitely showed everyone that as a knight/hero you must kiss her hand for her to wake up, right?
It's sooooo common sense.
How could those japanese animators make such a mistake?
I mean really...

PastPrime 2006-08-15 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Oh definitely, it is sooo common sense...

If you grabbed a Japanese Bloke off the streets of Akibahara, (electric heaven for the Gadget Geek) Which Saito is assumed to be walking to or from as he is seen holding a Laptop, in modern Japan.

Yeah I'm sure they will know EXACTLY what to do when you meet a gaijin queen, like you do everyday in Japan, and show proper behaviour when your been commended for your action.

Yes really, it's all common sense, to a typical Japanese Teenager, I mean they knows about princesses, queens, knights, fantasy western tales in Japan right? it's something native to Japan right? I mean it is mandatory to teach them that in a far eastern educational institute, right? Right?

sleeping beauty tale is so popluar in Japan, it definitely showed everyone that as a kinght you must kiss her hand for her to wake up, right?
It's sooooo common sense.
How could those japanese animators make such a mistake?
I mean really...

Maybe he knew, but couldn't resist giving her a real kiss. I might do the same thing if I was him. And then apologize to Louise with another kiss and hope that I survived.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-08-15 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastPrime
Maybe he knew, but couldn't resist giving her a real kiss. I might do the same thing if I was him. And then apologize to Louise with another kiss and hope that I survived.

Well, that is possible, considering Saito has a will (and balls) of steel when it comes to women. :rolleyes:

Skane 2006-08-15 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Well, that is possible, considering Saito has a will of steel when it comes to women. :rolleyes:

Will nothing. His pouch must be made of croc-leather to survive all the kickings thus far, and in the future to come.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-08-15 13:46

okay. he also has balls of steel. or at leased super recoverable ones.

He really should learn, and get a groin guard or something. :D

I swear it's animes like this that is teaching this generation of women that it is socially acceptable to beat your bloke about.

It's not. it's called domestic violence, don't try this at home kids.... (quick! run brother! RUUN!) :D

garra113 2006-08-15 16:06

Well I THINK YOU ALL WRONG!!! Purposely, Saito enjoys being hit by girls/women. Therefore, he does things that he deserved getting hit ^_^ xD[/sarcasm=or is it?]

marcosv 2006-08-15 22:59

Quote:

Well I THINK YOU ALL WRONG!!! Purposely, Saito enjoys being hit by girls/women. Therefore, he does things that he deserved getting hit ^_^ xD[/sarcasm=or is it?]

If Saito sticks with Louise in the end --- and he doesn't get hit by the other girls interested in him --- I think you got a point.

I'm still waiting for Rie Rie Kugimiya to say "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" really fast. She almost said "Baka! Baka! Baka!"

Saito definitely shows a lot more character, and decisiveness that Yuuji, while maybe still being a bit dense about girls. If this series is only 13 episodes or so, it would be a real bummer. I'd love to see how Saito and Louise's characters develop over the course of a longer run of 26 or even 52 episodes.

garra113 2006-08-15 23:15

@marcosy

Well who knows... It can have a second series but thats in the future. I don't think their gonna make Ruiz say "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!", but if you wanna hear it badly, you can go to episode one and when she said Urusai. just make it replay. That way it really will sound like it saying"Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" ^_^

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-08-16 21:02

Quote:

Sarcasm or not, this is a legitimate question. I'm not saying he's an outright masochist, but for some people, there's a thin line between punishment and reward. He does seem to knowingly piss Louise off from time to time. The consequences or "punishments," like so many other elements of this series, do seem to have erotic undercurrents.

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-08-16 21:17

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

ImClueless 2006-08-19 01:38

I like how in the mid episode commercial break thingy (whatever its called) they had chibi Louise wear the waitress costume.

Anime Online 2006-08-19 04:13

For those who know nuts about French (like me),
très bien = very good (very well)

Sorrow-K 2006-08-19 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImClueless
I like how in the mid episode commercial break thingy (whatever its called) they had chibi Louise wear the waitress costume.

Eye catch.

OH GOD YUUJI KISSED YOSHIDA!

I don't think I can remember a series that has been so cliched, yet so entertaining. This episode wasn't quite as good as the last (and lack of Saito kicking ass could well explain why), but highly enjoyable nonetheless.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids!
Spoiler for Episode 7:

As trite as the tsundere typecast is, it does demand character development by its very definition, and I think that's what we're seeing here. I suppose it's not so much Louise profoundly maturing as it is her respect for and opinion of Saito rising. The two of them have a certain chemistry as well, which I have to admit I find interesting to watch (it certainly adds to my list of reasons to give this show my thumbs up).

andiyar 2006-08-19 04:38

Although I did enjoy this episode, it wasn't as... fun? Entertaining? as the rest of the show has been so far. Realistically, it was a filler ep, but a filler ep designed to show us the relationship progressing between Saito & Louise. But apart from a few nice moments (the attic scene, Louise's jealously, Saito protecting Louise and the final costume moment) the episode felt mispaced and very 'ooh, fanservice!'. Which is fine, but I'd like to see some nice plot development soon - there's only six episodes left after all.

Six for this episode. It didn't really make me laugh very hard, except for Jessica. She is a highly entertaining character - and I hope that the novels get translated at some point, as she appears to be a very fun character in them as well. Well, apart from being relatively incidental... now, more Siesta, more Henrietta, and some plot please. ^_^

-Andiyar

KeyBlade Master 2006-08-19 08:05

This week's ep was funny it made me laugh but it was a little boring because we didn't get to see some asses kick by Saito but at least we get to see Louise and Saito's relantionship growing.I gave this show a 9 because it was funny hope that next week's ep will not be a filler like this one.

Kisuke06 2006-08-19 10:20

Very good epsiode. It was very funny and it also had some character development. This serie is geeting better and better... it's a shame that there are just 6 episodes left. It's good that the novels are going to get translated, but I do hope that this show will have a second season. :D

Darklightz 2006-08-19 11:24

Seeing Saito kiss the princess made it worth seeing this epsiode XD

And yes,Louise is seeing Saito less as a pet and more as a guy.Also notice how she started calling him Dog,as in a futile attempt to convince herself that he's still just a pet.But soon she will accept the truth. :D

Shiroth 2006-08-19 16:21

Gotta be the funniest episode so far from the series. Its good to go from something serious that was episode 06 to this, it was laughter after laughter. ^^;

& seriously, Jessica is the ultimate win. I was waiting for a fav' character for me to appear, and she's the one - its just a shame i have such a bad feeling that we won't see her again. ;_;

Arimfe 2006-08-19 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
OH GOD YUUJI KISSED YOSHIDA!

Yoshida is win after all!! Nobody can resist.:love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar

This "plot" confused me a little when I saw the preview to episode 8. In short, this was a 'mission failure'....:uhoh: a little bit unexpected:heh:

Poor Henrietta, having no one competent around her to rely on.:(

Guido 2006-08-20 09:47

Louise's Part-Time Job

The comedy was very consistent with the circumstances that sparked at Scarron's inn.

The episode itself even remind me of Inukami due to the Scarron character; macho build with pinky personality.:eyespin:

I feel sorry for the guy that got Scarron's special service.:heh:

What's so good about the pranks and comicity in the episode was due to Louise's uptight pride and Noble demeanor. We get the best one-liners I have seen so far.

Spoiler:

The last bit of the episode sparks the initial stages of the bigger conflict that our heroes will become involved for later.
Spoiler:

FlareKnight 2006-08-20 13:42

I don't know about it being a failed mission. They found the corrupt noble who was unfairly collecting taxes from businesses. Now that they know who's behind it they probably report in then go back to school that's all.

Saito can get by anywhere and unlike back at the school he actually had a blanket while staying there. Almost expected something funny to come out of the fact Louise crawled in beside Saito. Well it was funny enough itself but I did expect some strange morning :).

A good episode with some funny moments and good development between Saito and Louise.

Arimfe 2006-08-21 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight
I don't know about it being a failed mission. They found the corrupt noble who was unfairly collecting taxes from businesses. Now that they know who's behind it they probably report in then go back to school that's all.

I guess so, but what if there are more than just that tax guy? It just didn't seem like they did this 'mission' too thoroughly to me...:heh:

But then this is probably one of those series we shouldn't take too seriously.:eyespin:

Nvis 2006-08-21 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth
& seriously, Jessica is the ultimate win. I was waiting for a fav' character for me to appear, and she's the one - its just a shame i have such a bad feeling that we won't see her again. ;_;

I agree. She's up there with Siesta. :)
I demand more appearances!!!

Deathkillz 2006-08-21 21:40

quote:
"what idiot would kiss her lips?"
"here"
*smacked*
he is a true legend :D
oh one of the funniest/disturbing eps so far...i mean that gay guy is really scaring me to hell :heh: it burns my eyes and i have to keep screaming at the screen "nonono!" i mean...he even kissed a costomer O.o

owh its really cute that louise went to sleep next to saito...she still just a baby :) but still jealose as hell lol *flying bottle kills**kicks to the balls* >.<

saito is such a chick magnet...brests are just attracted by his hands for some reason :eyespin: Jessica was literally jumping on him lol
perfect ep imo 10/10 :D

iamandragon 2006-08-22 03:06

Brillant episode. A lot of ownage in this episode(it looks like everyone's getting owned by someone else in this episode...)
OMG Saito kissed me~~~~~*dances*
I bet saito's pretending...he just wants to kiss Henrietta and uses his 'lack of knowledge' as an excuse.

The background music played in the scene where Louise used magic sounds pretty familiar...must have heard it before in another anime...probably Negima?

Zenemis 2006-08-22 07:57

It appeared in the "duel" between Guiche and Saito in Ep.2 as well, quite the catchy tune, imo.

MeganeShounen 2006-08-22 09:12

Yup. I think the composer for both Negima and ZeTsu is the same person. And on a side note, it's out this week too.

Need more Kirche and Jessica love. Seriously.

Deathkillz 2006-08-22 09:36

^ kirche love is definate :) but i dnt think jessica is gona show up again :(

Decel 2006-08-22 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz
quote:
"what idiot would kiss her lips?"
"here"
*smacked*
he is a true legend :D

Seconded! The facial damage he had at the time was hillarious.

To me this series, with its current length of 13 eps, could win without any major plot development, as long as they keep the character development in.