AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Series of Unfortunate Events (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24067)

Ah!Tomo_chan 2004-11-20 13:08

Series of Unfortunate Events

Has anyone read the books? :confused:
Anyone going to see the movie? :heh:

Shay 2004-11-20 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ah!Tomo_chan

Any chance of little info on what it is you are on about?

ramune 2004-11-20 13:45

I know there is a video game with the same name.

Ah!Tomo_chan 2004-11-20 13:51

The movie is based on the books:

A series of unfortunate events is basically about three siblings that lose their parents in a mysterious fire and then they're sent to their 'long lost relative' the evil Count Olaf.

Personally, i love the books and the author has a really good style of writing them. He sometimes uses first person and he relates a scene to his 'life'. It's funny :heh: and sad :sad: and its really good ;) . There are 12 books so far and each book is short.

Read the books first before watching the movie. And no, this isn't harry potter. Some people think that these books are harry potter. :nono:

Well that's it.

Sora_Midori 2004-11-20 14:49

Hey tomo! umm I know about the series, :heh: although I've only read like the first 4 books. People should read more. Anyways, the books are good and I also love the way Lemony Snicket(the author) writes, even though sometimes he makes me feel stupid by defining all the big words, but I got to remember that little kids read this too.

Conserning the movie...well I just hope they're loyal to the books, but in the trailer you can already see the infidelity.

Oh and the Harry Potter books rock and no one can tell me otherwise. You probably think it's sucks, anime public, but you should read it then judge it. I detest people who criticize something they haven't even looked into.

Tzurial 2004-11-20 14:55

Quote:

Personally, i love the books and the author has a really good style of writing them. He sometimes uses first person and he relates a scene to his 'life'. It's funny :heh: and sad :sad: and its really good ;) . There are 12 books so far and each book is short.

I read the books awhile ago because my little brother had them, and when Im out of stuff to read I usually go to his book shelf which has stuff like Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl and the like. And I really enjoyed them (I think I read the first 3)

What I really love about the books is the writers commentary!! It's so hilarious! The books would be just a good story without his little insert notes. I saw a preview for the movie and it seems to carry a lot of stylistic approaches from the book, now if they could somehow put the author in it too, I would be thrilled!..yeah, thats right, I get excited about things like that! So Ill most likely go see it with my brother when I go back home for Christmas.

Shay 2004-11-20 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sora_Midori

Oh and the Harry Potter books rock and no one can tell me otherwise. You probably think it's sucks, anime public, but you should read it then judge it. I detest people who criticize something they haven't even looked into.

:topicoff: I’ve only read one (Philosophers stone) but I have to say it was one of the best reads I’ve ever experienced.

I really should read more in general but it seems as I have aged I’ve gotten lazy, when I was a kid I would read anything I could get my hands on. *Shrugs*

100demons 2004-11-20 16:32

Quote:

I've read the first 5. I am definately going to see the movie. Oh yes.

Ravagerblade 2016-01-21 21:10

Dare do I bump this thread?
I don't think it matters, but I'd like to see an animated version of this series. I've read the books when I was younger and I enjoyed them at the time. Surely even if this was more for a younger reader base they could make it a little darker.

Though I know not any American animators that would ever do such a thing. lol

Sorry for bumping this. Just thought I'd give my own two cents. :P

MoonBeam 2016-01-29 10:06

Would you rather have another actor play the part of Count Olaf?
http://pad1.whstatic.com/images/thum...nts-Step-8.jpg

Sagitta Luminis 2016-01-29 10:58

I read the first book, but didn't have the heart to read the rest. Why would I want to read a story that I'm told is doomed to begin with?

MoonBeam 2016-02-22 08:14

Well, if we're resurrecting this thread ....
Did anyone play the video game back in the day? I'm curious if it's any good (I didn't read the books, but I'm looking for something good to play)

Juke16 2016-02-26 11:16

You should just go read the books, they're great. Otherwise just go buy Wargame Red Dragon, it's a good game.