AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2012-09-05 05:24

I was about to mention Seed MGs because they have great inner frame details and they're good. My only complain is that older Seed MGs like Strike And Freedom lacks the ability to split because they lack good hip joint. BTW, it's a small nitpick of mine and can be ignored. What I like are the Seed Destiny MGs.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-09-05 05:34

On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful? :p

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig19/10197156b.jpg

maknaedik 2012-09-05 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4336755)
On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful? :p

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig19/10197156b.jpg

Sure is! It has an RG feel for me, but even better because it's in 1/100 scale.

bio9205 2012-09-05 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX93-2 (Post 4336681)
I own the MG IJ myself and a mate told me it is just as good as that; seeing how MG IJ is still one of the best MG's out there you can't go wrong.
Though I do not have personal experience I can imagine that the wrist might struggle a bit with the giant sword but again, second hand information.
Buildwise the GSD kits are easy to make and give great results.

FWIW my personal recommendation for a first MG is RX-78-2 OYW or 2.0. Easy and good looking kits that have some of the more fun/cool/advanced things under the hood so you can focus on the main body.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4336691)
Destiny is okay. Just be careful when you built its crotch & wings. There are some mechanism there that needs your extra attention. MGs & PGs are perfect for those who don't like to paint as they're already look good without it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 4336741)
I was about to mention Seed MGs because they have great inner frame details and they're good. My only complain is that older Seed MGs like Strike And Freedom lacks the ability to split because they lack good hip joint. BTW, it's a small nitpick of mine and can be ignored. What I like are the Seed Destiny MGs.

Thanks for the input. I'm also looking at possibly ARF Kai and IJ as well.

Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?

duotiga 2012-09-05 08:26

you can consider on the MG Wing kits also as they are pretty easy to do also

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-09-05 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4336866)
Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?

If I were you, I’ll just keep using the file or kit-knife/cutter. I’m not a fan of sandpaper too. I could be wrong, but I think sanding the nubs on your kit are generally meant for those who likes to topcoat and airbrushing their kits later on.

Tormenk 2012-09-05 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4336866)
Thanks for the input. I'm also looking at possibly ARF Kai and IJ as well.

Anyway, I need some tips on sanding. I've been using a file previously and I've been doing fine, but I decided to try sandpaper a while back. But I kept getting horrendous scratch marks on the parts I sanded. I even tried sanding in one direction, but it didn't help.

Is this due to the fact that I don't use topcoat, or the way I sand?

Scratch marks left by sanding are inevitable, but smoothing out the surface with a higher grit of sandpaper helps. To fully hide the scratch marks you'll either need to topcoat or polish the surface with polishing compound.

I go with 300 or 400 for nub killing, and then go up to a quick round of 600 before polishing. Might include 1000 or higher depending on how evident the nub mark is.

suiton629 2012-09-05 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 4337293)
Scratch marks left by sanding are inevitable, but smoothing out the surface with a higher grit of sandpaper helps. To fully hide the scratch marks you'll either need to topcoat or polish the surface with polishing compound.

I go with 300 or 400 for nub killing, and then go up to a quick round of 600 before polishing. Might include 1000 or higher depending on how evident the nub mark is.

I don't like to sand since I don't air brush nor spray paint.
What I do is:

a. take part off of tree
b. take nippers and clean cut the excess
c. use gundam marker to color the mark/discoloration
d. fill in panel lines lightly, rub off excess with q-tip
e. top coat with flat (rarely)

.
.
.

:: Waiting for my MG Age-2 Normal, Action Base 1 (black), and campaign cards from GG ::

Araxiel 2012-09-05 17:58

Would anyone know if the AGE-1 Razor parts absolutely have to be used with the Normal? I ask because I've got a Spallow unassembled in its box here, and the magazine with the Razor parts in the warehouse at HLJ, and want to know if I should bother putting a Normal in with the order before shipping it.

Znozzy 2012-09-05 22:59

the chest area is the same, assmuming you get the skirt parts there shouldnt be any problem

firefox 2012-09-06 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4336755)
On another topic, Isn't MG Nu Ka beautiful? :p

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig19/10197156b.jpg

Nope, it never was.

Might be technical a good kit, but teh design of Nu- Gundam ahs never been beautiful, especially with the funnels attached. Hi-Nu gundam is way cooler looking! In terms of looks i even prefer the RE-GZ over the NU gundam.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-09-06 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4338197)
Nope, it never was.

Might be technical a good kit, but teh design of Nu- Gundam ahs never been beautiful, especially with the funnels attached. Hi-Nu gundam is way cooler looking! In terms of looks i even prefer the RE-GZ over the NU gundam.

Haha...I don’t agree. Still, everybody has their own preference. ;)

Also, since you mention Re-GZ, I hope that (to quote Gyuney) “Gundam wannabe” also get a ver.2.0 (or Ka).


On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!:twitch:)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

suiton629 2012-09-06 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4338232)
Haha...I don’t agree. Still, everybody has their own preference. ;)

Also, since you mention Re-GZ, I hope that (to quote Gyuney) “Gundam wannabe” also get a ver.2.0 (or Ka).


On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!:twitch:)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Already is a MG Epyon. :confused: I hope you know that.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-09-06 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4338492)
Already is a MG Epyon. :confused: I hope you know that.

There is one for EW, not the TV version. I'm sure Obelisk meant that ;)

maknaedik 2012-09-06 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4338232)
On another topic: my dream Gundam finally properly made in RD form! And It’s almost exactly the way I imagine it should be. If only there’s a MG for this, but bravo RD! (damn, the beam on Epyon’s beam saber sure is big & long!:twitch:)

I love if they'd do that. Unfortunately, I don't think they would anytime soon. I mean, look at the wings, it's articulate individually! So sweet!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-09-06 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4338502)
There is one for EW, not the TV version. I'm sure Obelisk meant that ;)

Thanx Strike, for explaining it to Nike.

(Please forgive Nike. He's kinda slow :D.)

suiton629 2012-09-06 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4338531)
Thanx Strike, for explaining it to Nike.

(Please forgive Nike. He's kinda slow :D.)

No. Actually you didn't specify. So... FAIL :heh:

bio9205 2012-09-06 09:01

Woah, that looks sweet. Didn't realize before that the Epyon resembles the Hambrabi's transformation so much.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-09-06 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4338536)
No. Actually you didn't specify. So... FAIL :heh:

Bear in mind that I didn't post it specifically for you, Nike. Also, other posters so far quickly recognize that the pictures that I posted are portraying Epyon TV version. So, compared to others, who fail now? (like I have to ask :rolleyes:)

suiton629 2012-09-06 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4338555)
Bear in mind that I don't post specifically for you, Nike. Also, other poster so far quickly recognize that the pictures that I posted are portraying Epyon TV version. So, compared to others, who fail now? (like I have to ask :rolleyes:)

You? :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.