AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Anime] Umineko - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82639)

monir 2009-06-10 13:25

[Anime] Umineko - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Umineko anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Umineko which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Avisch 2009-06-10 16:21

Episode 1 confusion. I'll replay the part sometime. But I'll just start off the thread.

Spoiler for Details:

k//eternal 2009-06-10 16:30

Well, for that one...

Spoiler:

Ace of Dragons 2009-06-10 16:37

I know it's been answered before, but I can't remember where.

How does one rip sprites from the game and are there any programs that need to be installed?

Christen 2009-06-10 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons (Post 2446061)
I know it's been answered before, but I can't remember where.

How does one rip sprites from the game and are there any programs that need to be installed?

You'll need the nsaout program in the nscripter site. http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html

Jan-Poo 2009-06-10 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avisch (Post 2446047)
Spoiler for Details:

Spoiler for Episode1 unexpected event:

GHDpro 2009-06-10 18:25

Just a note - may I ask that if you're talking about "episodes" to mention whether you're talking about game or anime episodes? Pretty soon the term "episode" will become somewhat ambiguous in this forum.

Sure, there isn't anything to ask about anime episodes just yet, but if anyone wants to read this thread from the beginning in the future, it'll help to know which of the two (game or anime) you are referring to.

chronotrig 2009-06-10 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHDpro (Post 2446216)
Just a note - may I ask that if you're talking about "episodes" to mention whether you're talking about game or anime episodes? Pretty soon the term "episode" will become somewhat ambiguous in this forum.

Sure, there isn't anything to ask about anime episodes just yet, but if anyone wants to read this thread from the beginning in the future, it'll help to know which of the two (game or anime) you are referring to.

Check here for clarification about episodes/Episodes.

Ace of Dragons 2009-06-17 10:18

Spoiler for VN? Episode 3? I dunno...:

izmosmolnar 2009-06-17 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons (Post 2457422)
Spoiler for VN? Episode 3? I dunno...:

Spoiler for up to game Episode 3:

Hareoic 2009-06-28 20:09

Has the title of the fifth game been announced yet?

Marion 2009-06-28 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hareoic (Post 2478548)
Has the title of the fifth game been announced yet?

EP 5's writing has been completed, according to Ryukushi's online diary, but so far no title has been released.

Ttak 2009-06-28 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion (Post 2478553)
EP 5's writing has been completed, according to Ryukushi's online diary, but so far no title has been released.

Nice! So that means he already completed the tea party too, yea?

*Ah, do you have the link for his online diary? Want to keep an eye on it too ^^

Marion 2009-06-28 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttak (Post 2478691)
Nice! So that means he already completed the tea party too, yea?

*Ah, do you have the link for his online diary? Want to keep an eye on it too ^^

Yes, this includes tea parties. I don't have a link, but apparently he's in the stages of editing the game and what not now.

chronotrig 2009-06-28 21:49

The diary is right here.

Apparently he still has to finish writing the TIPs for the characters.

Spoiler for possible small EP5 spoiler:

Ttak 2009-06-28 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronotrig (Post 2478710)
The diary is right here.

Apparently he still has to finish writing the TIPs for the characters.

Really thanks for it! I was blindly looking on 07th expansion website trying to find the right link.

Quote:

Spoiler for possible small EP5 spoiler:

Or maybe it was a rush of inspiration :heh:

Skullchukka 2009-06-30 03:50

Where does the name Beatrice originates from? Italian or English? And how is it originally pronounced?
Really needed for my translation as the suffix' in Turkish language depends on how a name is pronounced.

Edit: I've found out that it probably originates from Divine Commedy; thus Italian.
Still unclear on pronounciation.

izmosmolnar 2009-06-30 05:45

Be-at-ri-che is the italian pronouncination AFAIK (like the word "rich" inside), and indeed the name is probably inspired by the divine comedy, just like Virgilia.

Jan-Poo 2009-06-30 07:32

Daisuke Ono in the CD drama pronounces it almost perfectly then by the time you see the anime you'll have a clear idea. Anyway the vowels pronounciation is the same as in japanese, and the "ce" in italian is equal to "che". the final "e" must be spelled. The accent is on the "i".

Avisch 2009-06-30 21:46

It is said that Ryukishi07 was originally going to use the English way (Bee-a-triss). But it sounded too "soft".

I always read it the english way unintentionally.