AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Heavy Object (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Heavy Object - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Heavy Objects only) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=139780)

Kairin 2015-11-22 17:25

Heavy Object - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Heavy Objects only)

This thread is for the experienced Heavy Object viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Heavy Object anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Heavy Object, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the $$spoiler-speculation-thread-id$$).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

Inept Forum User 2015-11-27 05:20

Preview for Episode 9 up. Seems like the penguins made it.

LazyHunter 2015-11-27 05:56

Penguin are in? Cool! :D It does look like the episode at least is going to hit all the events of the chapter, so I wonder if they can fit all of them without cutting too much dialogue.

Hell_ping 2015-11-27 06:01

HO has a subforum now? Sweet.

Always looking forward to the part with the Penguins. That one really got to me.

Chaos2Frozen 2015-11-27 06:37

I haven't read this in a while so I'll be interested in seeing what the Penguins are about.

Is this also where "Juliet" appears?

Heir of the Void 2015-11-27 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 5716424)
I haven't read this in a while so I'll be interested in seeing what the Penguins are about.

Is this also where "Juliet" appears?

Oh, the penguin scene. It's a bit like one scene in the Phineas and Ferb episode where the Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention devolves into an inter-genre geek war.

Botan_TM 2015-11-28 06:21

I see a lot of people is unhappy Haivia x Froleytia ship sunk.

Spoiler for Haivia privileges:

Anyway, any chance for volume 5 being animated, what do you think?

Chaos2Frozen 2015-11-28 06:30

I don't think they were 'unhappy' per say :heh:

LazyHunter 2015-11-28 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botan_TM (Post 5717198)
I see a lot of people is unhappy Haivia x Froleytia ship sunk.

Spoiler for Haivia privileges:

Anyway, any chance for volume 5 being animated, what do you think?

I've seen a lot of people who enjoyed Heivia's fiancee, so I guess it's only the usual obsessed shippers that realized that's what happens when you make assumptions. I think that the second cour will adapt another two volumes, so we might get to see that scene in volume 4's adaptation. Volume 5 would be a weird story to end the anime.

Botan_TM 2015-11-28 06:46

OVA or movie for Volume 5 seems possible.
I hope.

Heir of the Void 2015-11-28 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botan_TM (Post 5717215)
OVA or movie for Volume 5 seems possible.
I hope.

I recall that the novels went right from volume 4 to volume 6.

Weather 2015-11-29 09:43

Volume 5 is a huge ass side story.

An incredibly badass one with my 2nd favorite character of this series, but a side story.

Needs a Ova(s) or movie srsly.

LazyHunter 2015-11-29 14:35

Maybe a series of OVAs, but if Heavy Object got a movie I doubt they would adapt something without the main characters or Objects (besides a Rush cameo).

Heir of the Void 2015-11-29 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyHunter (Post 5718207)
Maybe a series of OVAs, but if Heavy Object got a movie I doubt they would adapt something without the main characters or Objects (besides a Rush cameo).

Well, Gatling-33 really should be the main character. Although I'm not really sure how it's considered Second Generation while the Baby Magnum is first. It seems to be a solid all-area ground combatant.

LazyHunter 2015-11-29 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heir of the Void (Post 5718271)
Well, Gatling-33 really should be the main character. Although I'm not really sure how it's considered Second Generation while the Baby Magnum is first. It seems to be a solid all-area ground combatant.

2nd Gens are focused in one role or battlefield to the expense of other capabilities. Rush's role is an Anti-Object Object, one of the most common specializations of 2nd Gens. As its name says Rush is focused in using bursts of speed to evade enemy fire, get close to the enemy's Object and take it down using its rapid-fire beam gatling cannons. Like Quenser said in the first volume those are not the kind of weapons that can aim precisely at long ranges, so for example the Rush wouldn't have been able to do a long-range bombardment like the Baby Magnum did in episode 9. Also, its bursts of speed using the treads only work in land, not in naval battles.

Marcus H. 2015-11-30 00:59

Dat subtitle for this thread.
I guess everyone is a Heavy Object now? :heh:

SineMora 2015-12-02 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 5718583)
Dat subtitle for this thread.
I guess everyone is a Heavy Object now? :heh:

Should've put:

"For Veteran Elites Only (at least 3 Object Killmarks)"

Chaos2Frozen 2015-12-02 10:01

Only for the Heaviest of Objects.

Heir of the Void 2015-12-03 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazyHunter (Post 5718327)
2nd Gens are focused in one role or battlefield to the expense of other capabilities. Rush's role is an Anti-Object Object, one of the most common specializations of 2nd Gens. As its name says Rush is focused in using bursts of speed to evade enemy fire, get close to the enemy's Object and take it down using its rapid-fire beam gatling cannons. Like Quenser said in the first volume those are not the kind of weapons that can aim precisely at long ranges, so for example the Rush wouldn't have been able to do a long-range bombardment like the Baby Magnum did in episode 9. Also, its bursts of speed using the treads only work in land, not in naval battles.

Yeah, but that seems very general by second gen standards; Prometheus, for example, was only practical in very mountainous terrain because the mobility advantages there outweigh its abysmal uptime. Bright Hopper would only have been useful on battlefields that allowed a clear approach and with ground hard enough for the insane ground pressure exerted by it's feet to propel it more than dig holes.

Then there are the really specialized ones built around a single gimmick; ECM-11 or collective farming. Gatling-33 just seems... reasonable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 5720425)
Only for the Heaviest of Objects.

How heavy is that? TriCore Heavy? Because there's a pretty big gap to he next spot down. Though I have no idea which one that would be...

Chaos2Frozen 2015-12-04 03:37

Erm, I was referring to the slight gag from the thread subtitle... (._.)