AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2006-09-10 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2
The promo pix from Bandai says nothing about Stand. So no Stand.

But you can always use back the one that was given away with the Legend.

But don't forget about the MG Strike IWSP that's going to release around the same time.

MG Strike IWSP did mention about the stand but not the Saviour

cyw1988 2006-09-10 04:52

arggg....no stand...Orz... MG IWSP strike is just another milking strategy by bandai man... I already got myself an MG Strike Rouge so I probably would not be getting another strike(unless its strike noir MG kekeke).....

grandmaster192 2006-09-10 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
i DUNNO if this is mentioned yet but i heard there's 1/100 SAVIOUR COMING OUT NEXT MONTH XP XP XP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../ban946730.jpg

God damn......This thing is sweet! Tied for 2nd best looking gundam in Destiny IMO.

cyw1988 2006-09-10 08:00

I think its the best looking though... with destiny falling just behind it... :)

duotiga 2006-09-10 08:46

The design is way better than Aegis :D

kct 2006-09-10 09:08

The V-fins might be an issue though, given that it is clearly shown that it can fold.

Nesty 2006-09-10 10:09

mg strike iwsp can suck it -_-; bandai should have just made the iwsp mod mg instead -_-

glad that the savior will be out in 1/100 :)

J_Ridden 2006-09-10 10:59

Quote:

The design is way better than Aegis
No way! Aegis' design and transformation were kinda original, while Saviour is a pale copy of Zeta, with extra stufs :rolleyes: Also, as someone mentionned, the transformation isn't true to the anime, was Bandai too lazy to make us a folding v-fin?
Just wish Aegis could fly :upset:

DarkWarrior 2006-09-10 11:36

Uh, Saviour is nothing like the Zeta. If you want a Zeta clone, look at the Murasame. :rolleyes: And the V-fins do fold up, as shown earlier in the prototype pictures.

LightningZERO 2006-09-10 12:30

Does Crossbone have stand just like F91?

J_Ridden 2006-09-10 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Uh, Saviour is nothing like the Zeta. If you want a Zeta clone, look at the Murasame. :rolleyes: And the V-fins do fold up, as shown earlier in the prototype pictures.

Murasame is more a clone of Z Plus A1 Amuro colours, like Ootsukigata is a clone of Z Plus C1. Saviour spinning transformation is taken from Zeta (and overused in Destiny :rolleyes: )
Well, I haven't seen Saviour's prototype pictures, if you don't mind to post them if you still have them, but in the pic posted earlier it clearly shows it's not folded, only the released model will tell.

I wonder if someone will make a Proto-Saviour +11 from a 1/100 or HG 1/144 Saviour :p

DarkWarrior 2006-09-10 14:46

That still doesn't change the fact that Saviour is nothing like the Zeta, design wise or transformation wise. The only remotely similar thing I see is the "tail" thruster on the back. Other than that, they're completely different.

And if you want to see the folding V-fins picture, it was posted by duotiga several pages ago in this thread.

J_Ridden 2006-09-10 15:27

Quote:

That still doesn't change the fact that Saviour is nothing like the Zeta, design wise or transformation wise. The only remotely similar thing I see is the "tail" thruster on the back. Other than that, they're completely different.

And if you want to see the folding V-fins picture, it was posted by duotiga several pages ago in this thread.

Yup, the V-fin folds, I wonder why it isn't shown folded on the recent pictures. But I still think that Saviour's designer had Zeta in mind when he created it, a simplier version of it at least.

I just finished a 1/100 Legend Gundam and I think the hands are too big, is it me or does anyone else feel the same?

kct 2006-09-10 16:47

Simplified and made complex. Front part in MA mode simplified, the legs were Gundam Airmaster'd in MA mode.

Traks 2006-09-10 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
No, it's not on par with any HG that is produced today, it's on par with a late 90's HG. The new HGUC Zaku I, Powered GM and the Blu Duel are all superior in terms of engineering with double-bendable arms and bendable wrists. It's a shoddy model.

I just checked Dalong.net and you are some what correct. The arms and wrists features on the Powered GM (the removable leg armor is cool too) and Zaku I (only the double jointed arms) are remarkable for a HG model. But if you check out the pictures a Dalong here, here, and here, you'll see that it is on par with most HG models today.

1. Interchange-able Hands, some with movable fingers.
2. Removable Armor: Head, Arms, Legs.
3. Pivoting shoulder joints.
4. Movable knees
5. Sliding cockpit.
6. More detail parts than the 1/100 and 1/144 scale SF models.

The only real drawback in articulation is the waits(one of the wire hubs) with minimal to no movement. All in all, It's a decent model, not a MG or a PG, but decent for 1/60. The scale is too big for my taste and the lights really are not working for me, but to each his own.

GB your model (MG Gyan) is sweet, your work is always top notch. And the 1/100 scale Savior is nice too. I really like the proportions on it.

cyw1988 2006-09-10 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga

I agree... Although Aegis is one of the more original gundams in the seed universe, I thought its entire body frame looks too complicated... Sometimes the simpler the design of the MS is the nicer it looks... :p

srb 2006-09-11 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traks
Stuff, removing the quote to save some space.

When I say "HG models today" I mean the latest, the best, the most contemporary technology available, which is available in the Powered GM and the two recent Zaku I's. When that kind of engineering is available on a HG model for 1500 yen there's no excuse at all for the SF to be so limited in that huge scale, except for one single reason: It's made to sell like ice cream on a hot day to fanboys and fangirls, so there's no need for it to be advanced despite it costing ten times as much as the HGUC's. It's not even near MG or PG.

grandmaster192 2006-09-11 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyw1988
I think its the best looking though... with destiny falling just behind it... :)

Meh, I think the Destiny is the best looking...with the Saviour tied with Freedom for 2nd place.

Quote:

The design is way better than Aegis
I don't know.....Aeges had a badass look to it...I'm not sure about these two.....

Meehlimo 2006-09-11 20:15

Hey all just preordered the new strike iwsp, stargazer, crossbone gundam. and cerberus BaCuE i cant wait for them that and i would really like to see how they deal with the lines on the armor being black then when powered up gold maybe flourecent stickers? I dunno im just overly curious...

SNT1 2006-09-11 20:43

damn SEEDers go get yourselves a real gunpla, get the MG F91 XDDDDD

Meehlimo 2006-09-11 20:54

I already bought a MG Gundam F-91.

Rich 2006-09-11 21:18

sigh but too bad that Saviour couldn't last long in Destiny. i almost cried when i saw Freedom destroy Saviour, Saviour was one of my favorite too...!

SNT1 2006-09-11 21:24

While I do admit that Saviour is a decent looking MS, I dont understand its cult following i'm seeing here....but that's just me.

DarkWarrior 2006-09-11 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
sigh but too bad that Saviour couldn't last long in Destiny. i almost cried when i saw Freedom destroy Saviour, Saviour was one of my favorite too...!

What's irritating to me is that the animators were too lazy to show it actually being destroyed. One flash and Saviour was in a dozen pieces. Same thing with Chaos vs Freedom. I was really hoping that they'd change this in the SE, but my wishes didn't come true. :heh:

Rich 2006-09-11 22:34

Quote:

What's irritating to me is that the animators were too lazy to show it actually being destroyed. One flash and Saviour was in a dozen pieces. Same thing with Chaos vs Freedom. I was really hoping that they'd change this in the SE, but my wishes didn't come true. :heh:

yesh i know.... and we didn't see much saviour action.. sigh* sucha a gundam destryoed by freedom like that.... -______-||| it's design is pretty unique too... it can turn into a red plane X) HAHA like probably the first "original" gundam X)

grandmaster192 2006-09-12 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
yesh i know.... and we didn't see much saviour action.. sigh* sucha a gundam destryoed by freedom like that.... -______-||| it's design is pretty unique too... it can turn into a red plane X) HAHA like probably the first "original" gundam X)

The epyon could turn into a red plane....

kct 2006-09-12 03:21

Epyon looks more like a dragon lol.

MrNotalk 2006-09-12 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga

The design is in no way better, at least the Aegis is Original, unlike the copy pasta half ass transformation that is Saviour. It's pretty much a gundam lying face down. which there's already a couple of Gundam that transformed in a similar way. The 2 cannons on the back is way too long and large. Can this gundam even sit down or knee down without taking all the space in the hanger? I bet all the Mechanic on the Minverva were kinda happy that the Saviour was Savioured, because having a Mobile suit with HUGE non-removable backpack can't be fun moving around inside a small hanger. It's like someone parked a extra long truck in your auto repair shop.

grandmaster192 2006-09-12 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Epyon looks more like a dragon lol.

lol....When I was a kid I always called the The Wing Zero and Epyons MA mode Space ship mode....

cyw1988 2006-09-12 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNotalk
The design is in no way better, at least the Aegis is Original, unlike the copy pasta half ass transformation that is Saviour. It's pretty much a gundam lying face down. which there's already a couple of Gundam that transformed in a similar way. The 2 cannons on the back is way too long and large. Can this gundam even sit down or knee down without taking all the space in the hanger? I bet all the Mechanic on the Minverva were kinda happy that the Saviour was Savioured, because having a Mobile suit with HUGE non-removable backpack can't be fun moving around inside a small hanger. It's like someone parked a extra long truck in your auto repair shop.

lol...chill out man.... sounds like you got some big issues with the saviour haha... but anyway, i guess what duotiga meant was its design as a mobile suit as a whole. Like I mentioned before the Aegis was too complicated a mobile suit. Original and cool it was but then i think its pretty much down to what the person thinks suits him. I for one think that the force impulse looks good(i dunno how many of you think so but yea). I thought Destiny was a little "rojak"(malay for mixture) at 1st but the more i looked at it, the more i grew to like it for some whatever odd reason.

Let me put it another way, its something like fashion. Some of us like to dress in ordinary suits and ties but others go the extra mile and wear gothic outfits. And again we don't say they look ugly in those do we? Just my 2cents =X

J_Ridden 2006-09-12 05:08

Quote:

Like I mentioned before the Aegis was too complicated a mobile suit.

If you think Aegis is too complicated, try to understand Regenerate's design :eyespin:

srb 2006-09-12 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by a03
it's design is pretty unique too... it can turn into a red plane X) HAHA like probably the first "original" gundam X)

Gundam Airmaster

Zeta Gundam

Not the first Gundam with an alternate plane mobile armor form.

cyw1988 2006-09-12 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Ridden
If you think Aegis is too complicated, try to understand Regenerate's design :eyespin:

Regenerate is the purple MS that uses parts from the Aegis and is one of the 3 suits that were designed together with the providence right?? I always thought that it made a better badass final boss for the anime than the providence did.

grandmaster192 2006-09-12 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Gundam Airmaster

Zeta Gundam

Saviour looks a hell of alot better then those MS IMO....I'm a sucker for those red MS....

MakubeX2 2006-09-12 06:53

Bandai needs to give the Sazabi and Nu Gundam the Version 2 treatment.

After that release a MG Nightingale and Hi-Nu based the Ver 2 Sazabi and Nu.

How many old time fan will kill for that.

Traks 2006-09-12 06:57

Quote:

Many modelers would kill for those kits.

J_Ridden 2006-09-12 07:48

Quote:

Regenerate is the purple MS that uses parts from the Aegis and is one of the 3 suits that were designed together with the providence right?? I always thought that it made a better badass final boss for the anime than the providence did.

Yup, I think the same!
It was one of the nuclerar MS build by Zaft and it's using Aegis' frame as a basis. It was much bigger than regular suits (about 35 meter high). It also has a propulsion system similar to the METEOR units'.
I don't know if it was built at the same time as Providence, but it belongs to the same line as Freedom, Justice, Testament and Providence (Regenerate is number 11). And yes, I would have loved to see someone like Raww piloting this thing :cool:

cyw1988 2006-09-12 08:21

Quote:

I am so with you for that.... Although i am still liking the current versions... Damn it!! Sazabi MG was my 1st MG kit coz i couldn't find any cheaper 1/100 kits for it... =X... Nu came abit later after the price drop.

@J_ridden: Well I am not really one that likes complex suits haha. So far I think for seed, the strike Gundam is my favourite followed by freedom and then blitz and duel tied at 3rd place.

DarkWarrior 2006-09-12 08:24

Mobile suit designs are a personal taste. Obviously some will like a certain design while others may disagree. There's no point in arguing.. it's as dumb as arguing over a favorite color. ;)

Quote:

Screw version 2.0s, we have much more MS that need MG treatment. Gundam X comes to mind. It's true that Nu and Sazabi are getting outdated, but I would prefer getting new MGs rather than 2.0s of the same MS. Hi-Nu and Nightengale would be nice though.

Rich 2006-09-12 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by srb
Gundam Airmaster

Zeta Gundam

opps..... i forgot to mention first original alternate plane mobile armor form in GSD XP