AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Discussion (Archives) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68255)

Niu 2008-10-17 04:19

Read some of the manga, and realized they skipped volume 2 entirely.....
Make sense, consider Aiss is air... but I still think they need to introduce Awleors in some other ways.

BTW, Beta, Accelerator is so popular because
1. He is a bishe
2. Is psychopath with a soft spot
3. Obsessed with Last Order
4. Is insanely powerful and is only getting stronger and stronger

Cram all these together, you get an archetype that is extremely good at catching the attention of the light novel audience who have somewhat short attention span, as well as attracting hordes of fujoshi who are all over the place already.

AlaAlba 2008-10-17 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niu (Post 1993373)
BTW, Beta, Accelerator is so popular because
4. Is insanely powerful and is only getting stronger and stronger

then you have to read vol 13,
Spoiler for spoil:

Niu 2008-10-17 16:54

Hm? I thought he got wounded on vol.5, or is my memory escaping me? But not a problem either way, as he
Spoiler:

ellifeedn 2008-10-30 21:21

Is there ever a fight between an esper and a magic user in the story?

MrTerrorist 2008-10-31 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niu (Post 1993373)
1. He is a bishe

Bishe!? :twitch:How you not seen his face? He's more Fugly than Bishonen. Heck even Touma and Stiyl are more better looking than him.

ken_FF 2008-11-04 10:48

Contrary to some bad review about the light novel series, I personally think that this title is a work of art. Having read up to volume 16 of the title, I can say that the story keeps to be better. It has rather complex background regarding religion and magic, but right mix of comedy and romance makes it very interesting. Besides, the author's OTAKU talk is really enjoyable^^ (particularly those conversations between Touma, Blue-haired pierce, and Tsuchimikado<----guy with sunglass)

(spoilers coming ahead:)
It would seem that a 24-26 episode could not cover the whole volumes that came out so far. Things are getting pretty interesting, with

Spoiler for to aru majutsu no index:

The appearance of

things are getting hard for Touma to handle. Although he was able to defeat

, he was no match against

wonder what would happen with

Touma should know the real power his Imagine breaker holds as soon as possible.

Otherwise, it would be very difficult for him to face the great forces yet to come :/

Things around the series' dark hero,

are getting hot too. With his power awakening and all. Feel bad about

though, they looked so great together.

I also love the romance that goes between Touma and the girls^^. Imagine breaker nullifies many things; anything supernatural, even his luck...and of course even his supposed to be soulmate/destiny. That's why he's surrounded with girls having feelings for him XD Let me count, so far

It would be really nice if someone would TL the series. :3

Burner of Anime 2008-11-04 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_FF (Post 2033949)

I also love the romance that goes between Touma and the girls^^. Imagine breaker nullifies many things; anything supernatural, even his luck...and of course even his supposed to be soulmate/destiny. That's why he's surrounded with girls having feelings for him XD Let me count, so far

So he's pimp just that he can't get any? :twitch: That's just tragic :heh:

ReddyRedWolf 2008-11-04 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner of Anime (Post 2034897)
So he's pimp just that he can't get any? :twitch: That's just tragic :heh:

Its the hand of suck I tell you.

You know what I haven't read the novels but wouldn't it be ironic that a girlfriend suddenly shows up and Touma not remembering her.:heh:

A girlfriend before he lost his memory and staying at Academy City.

ssc2good 2008-11-04 22:24

The cover for SS2:

Should be available in a week or so.

On another note, I didn't notice till now that the covers of vol 9 and 10 were supposed to be put together to form a single image.

Used Can 2008-11-05 02:30

Man, even Kaori. XD.

Little sister (10032) is just love.

I wonder if Index will ever use the magic from the 103000 grimoires. She'd be far too scary with all that power.

ReddyRedWolf 2008-11-05 03:28

Question: Who is the guy that looks about to be bondaged raped?

ken_FF 2008-11-05 06:56

@used can:

as far as i know, index is able to perform magic involuntarily, just as she did when she was controlled by John's pen (one of legendary spiritual ornaments).
She did use dragon's breath there and even angel feathers. But, aside from that time, index never did perform a magic. Maybe she's convinced that she cannot perform magic, not knowing that she was able to :/

otherwise she does have some useful skills in battle like her "spell intercept" and "share all fear". Just for interrupting the enemy though :3

AlaAlba 2008-11-05 10:37

agreed with you ken FF, the story is getting better and better with each volumes. we now really getting into the core of the story, too bad terra didnt finish his line about the truth behind touma's power. but i ve to disagreed with you about that agito on vol 2. I really think that was just aureolus own imagination. Touma didnt do anything on that fight, he was helped by the "human fireworks" Stilles to change aureolus sense of distance, if not his head would already blown up that time.
--------------
I really want to see Aisa to get more roles ><, well even Index dont have that much roles though, cause everytime Touma found a way to keep out index from the battles....
--------------
damn, SS2 would be out in a few days, but that s only a side story, I want to read vol 17, not a side story :bash:. well at least on the same day shana vol 17 will be out....

serenade_beta 2008-11-05 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaAlba (Post 2036241)
agreed with you ken FF, the story is getting better and better with each volumes.

Hmm~, I guess I should resume reading the novel soon... Ahh... I'll try to find the motivation... somehow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaAlba (Post 2036241)
--------------
I really want to see Aisa to get more roles ><, well even Index dont have that much roles though, cause everytime Touma found a way to keep out index from the battles....
--------------

Sorry, air is just air and destined to be air. :heh:
Aisa? What's that? Is it edible?

ken_FF 2008-11-05 18:10

Quote:

but i ve to disagreed with you about that agito on vol 2. I really think that was just aureolus own imagination. Touma didnt do anything on that fight, he was helped by the "human fireworks" Stilles to change aureolus sense of distance, if not his head would already blown up that time.
well, Kamijou and Aureolus wasn't so sure about the agito that came out from his right shoulder; Aureolus was in panic when that agito came out and he was telling himself how could he possibly imagine such detailed figure while he wasn't in clear line of thinking. So, there might be a possibility. :3

Used Can 2008-11-05 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_FF (Post 2035983)
as far as i know, index is able to perform magic involuntarily, just as she did when she was controlled by John's pen (one of legendary spiritual ornaments).
She did use dragon's breath there and even angel feathers. But, aside from that time, index never did perform a magic. Maybe she's convinced that she cannot perform magic, not knowing that she was able to :/

otherwise she does have some useful skills in battle like her "spell intercept" and "share all fear". Just for interrupting the enemy though :3

I think there are good chances she can. If she can do it involuntarily, that means she does have enough maryouku. Additionally, the 103000 grimoires are information she memorised. So, it isn't as if these are powers which are sealed within her or something like that. If it is information she's learnt on her own, I assume she can use it.

I think she probably still believes she's unable to do magic. And, I suppose that's how it should be, for now, because otherwise she'd be far too overpowered.

Sterling01 2008-11-06 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2036284)
Hmm~, I guess I should resume reading the novel soon... Ahh... I'll try to find the motivation... somehow...

Where did you stop at?

serenade_beta 2008-11-07 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 2038908)
Where did you stop at?

After finishing volume 5.

ken_FF 2008-11-07 03:36

Food eaten by Index since volume 1:

Number of times Index bit Touma's head:
Spoiler for to aru majustu no index:

Used Can 2008-11-07 14:04

By the way, are their ages ever mentioned?