AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Discussion (Archives) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=68255)

longshot 2009-11-26 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 2786019)
now that I think of it maybe index is one to blame of him becoming poor.

she eats like like a locust swarm and at the constant which she eats she'll make touma and probably even accelerator penniless if volume 12 is right

Chaos2Frozen 2009-11-26 06:43

I'm half way through volume 11, just got a few questions to get my bearing in check,

Spoiler:

tsunade666 2009-11-26 08:44

I'm nearly finished with vol 13 but.......

Spoiler for QUESTION! PLS!:

Master Assassin 2009-11-26 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by longshot (Post 2786048)
she eats like like a locust swarm and at the constant which she eats she'll make touma and probably even accelerator penniless if volume 12 is right

As per se a quote from a Team Fortress 2 machinima says: "Personally, I blame the Heavy. Do you know how much that guy eats?"

ReddyRedWolf 2009-11-26 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2785990)
Which is why I'm mentioning that. My statement is a question within itself.

I mean, if by his standards he is going to say he is not poor, then what kind of possession he should have? The debit card?

Touma being poor is proportional to his luck. The ATM eats his debit card in Railgun, breaks his debit card which he'll have to pay a fee for a new one, the vending machine eats his 2000 Yen bill...

Yeah Touma is frugal only because his bad luck makes him financially destitute.

On the otherhand he has a great Health Plan.:heh:

Claies 2009-11-26 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 2786239)
Touma being poor is proportional to his luck. The ATM eats his debit card in Railgun, breaks his debit card which he'll have to pay a fee for a new one, the vending machine eats his 2000 Yen bill...

Yeah Touma is frugal only because his bad luck makes him financially destitute.

On the otherhand he has a great Health Plan.:heh:

It actually surprises me that he hasn't mentally resigned to his terrible luck by now (as in he still complains about it). He can probably swoon over 6 more girls just by nonchalantly saying that he's used to it.

Is he like this before his memory wipe in Railgun?

Master Assassin 2009-11-26 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claies (Post 2786379)
It actually surprises me that he hasn't mentally resigned to his terrible luck by now (as in he still complains about it). He can probably swoon over 6 more girls just by nonchalantly saying that he's used to it.

His dad mentioned about that in Touma's childhood, which I bet he has grown up used to it (and admits that once) though. And after his memory wipe, I bet he somehow lost the understanding of why he is so unlucky.

Just an opinion.

ReddyRedWolf 2009-11-26 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claies (Post 2786379)

Pretty much. One of the reasons why nobody noticed something was amiss.

Claies 2009-11-26 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soul Assassin (Post 2786433)
His dad mentioned about that in Touma's childhood, which I bet he has grown up used to it (and admits that once) though. And after his memory wipe, I bet he somehow lost the understanding of why he is so unlucky.

Just an opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 2786592)
Pretty much. One of the reasons why nobody noticed something was amiss.

Are these conclusions by the novel or the anime? This could be important, because that's one possible trait that separates the old Touma from the new Touma. If anything, I haven't seen him complain about his luck in Railgun, so that's actually one hint that people like Mikoto could have picked up (although from what I've seen so far, she didn't).

I bet at least Tsuchimikado noticed, although he probably found out in more obvious ways through his Magician contacts.

tsunade666 2009-11-26 15:29

No he still complains about his terrible luck before the memory loss and after the memory loss.

And the only people that knows of it is his parents, frog faced and a member of the god's right seat and also because of that person mikoto accidentally hear their conversation.

shmaster 2009-11-26 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willcrusher (Post 2784871)
Is Accelerator still restricted to 15 mins for his power? Or did he somehow get fully healed?

The restriction is gone, thanks to the new jammer he has to help him stay connected to misaka Net Work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 2786203)
I'm nearly finished with vol 13 but.......

Spoiler for QUESTION! PLS!:

Spoiler:

Full Metal Coast 2009-11-26 23:45

are the light novels translated anywhere in english yet?

Bordix 2009-11-27 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 2787049)
The restriction is gone, thanks to the new jammer he has to help him stay connected to misaka Net Work.

Huze=Kazakiri is meant to defeat Vent. She is auto kill against any magcian on earth. But to manifets her, Last Order and the sisters are falling into coma, so Accelerator, who has encountered Index, head out to save Last Order. And yes Vent vs. Huze=Kazakiri is not fair, it is as one sided as it can get.
As for Touma and Accelerator, they really didn't tag, they spent their time fighting different opponent.

Damn you wikipedia!!! :frustrated:

It's good to hear that his restriction is gone, but i guess he's still a cripple right? :heh: Which reminds me, does his calculation skill decreases when one of the sisters is dead/in a comma?

Quote:

are the light novels translated anywhere in english yet?
check baka-tsuki

Full Metal Coast 2009-11-27 00:46

baka-tsuki only has volume 12 translated.

tsunade666 2009-11-27 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 2787049)
Huze=Kazakiri is meant to defeat Vent. She is auto kill against any magcian on earth. But to manifets her, Last Order and the sisters are falling into coma, so Accelerator, who has encountered Index, head out to save Last Order. And yes Vent vs. Huze=Kazakiri is not fair, it is as one sided as it can get.
As for Touma and Accelerator, they really didn't tag, they spent their time fighting different opponent.

This helps a lot. I was kinda busy now for me to finish it. And its in the climax part where I stop :heh::heh:

touma + index and together with mikoto to go and see kazakiri but the looks of kazakiri is soo pitiful. It looks soo painful but those hundreds of angelic wings sure are overkill.

And yes baka-tsuki has only fully translated vol 12 but their already starting the translation about vol 13. And you can pick up some info on other volumes by reading the thread or asking.

Full Metal Coast 2009-11-27 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 2787434)
This helps a lot. I was kinda busy now for me to finish it. And its in the climax part where I stop :heh::heh:

touma + index and together with mikoto to go and see kazakiri but the looks of kazakiri is soo pitiful. It looks soo painful but those hundreds of angelic wings sure are overkill.

And yes baka-tsuki has only fully translated vol 12 but their already starting the translation about vol 13. And you can pick up some info on other volumes by reading the thread or asking.

cheers for that mate.

tsunade666 2009-11-28 00:47

I didn't imagine accelerator will learn how to fist fight. First shotgun then this. Well if its touma I'm not surprised for him beating the face of vent.

Spoiler for vol13:

almost finish but has other things to do

shmaster 2009-11-28 04:49

I am expecting someone to come up to pick on how ridiculous is the Kihara Divine Fist. This has to happen, this has to occur at least once in a To Aru community.

Master Assassin 2009-11-28 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 2789176)
I am expecting someone to come up to pick on how ridiculous is the Kihara Divine Fist. This has to happen, this has to occur at least once in a To Aru community.

And here I was expecting that "no one shall ever have a better punch than Touma"...

.... All right, it's registered into my head now that someone does have a better punch. Tell us that story of that ridiculous punch of this Kihara.

tsunade666 2009-11-28 05:26

kihara has divine punch but I think the most ridiculous is sugita's amazing punch.