AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-10-11 19:37

Well, it's official...

I decided to sell the SD kits I had on my Amazon store.. >_< I hope they sell since I could use the extra money. =P

SD Exia
SD Exia R2
SD 00 Raiser
SD 00 7 Sword G
SD 00 Qan[T]

Yup~ Those 5 SD kits. Amazon.

What I still have is:

MG Exia
MG Exia Ignition Mode
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 7 Sword G
MG 00 Qan[T]
NG Astraea (1/100 scale)

=P

:: waits for MG Exia R2, MG Exia Avalanche Dash, and MG Astraea ::

maknaedik 2011-10-11 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3803178)
:: waits for MG Exia R2, MG Exia Avalanche Dash, and MG Astraea ::

Honestly, the more you say those, the more I want Bandai not to make those , though I want an MG Astrea and the type-f version

suiton629 2011-10-11 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3803352)
Honestly, the more you say those, the more I want Bandai not to make those , though I want an MG Astrea and the type-f version

Sorry. :( But I just want those kits so bad!!! >_<

firefox 2011-10-12 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3803352)

why would bandai make so early a kit that will go into competition with the excellent 1/100 HG (sorry but No grade is so lame!)??? It's not the centre of the series so it's a kit really for the big fans.
Maybe in like 5 years you will get it just like we got red and blue frame eventuelly when the HG is technically a bit dated.

Now they really should make a MG zaku warrior!, excellent kit to repaint 10 times and the 1/100 HG is getting a bit dated :)

maknaedik 2011-10-12 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3803533)
why would bandai make so early a kit that will go into competition with the excellent 1/100 HG (sorry but No grade is so lame!)??? It's not the centre of the series so it's a kit really for the big fans.
Maybe in like 5 years you will get it just like we got red and blue frame eventuelly when the HG is technically a bit dated.

Now they really should make a MG zaku warrior!, excellent kit to repaint 10 times and the 1/100 HG is getting a bit dated :)

HG 1/100 are excellent? In terms of what? I find newer 00 NG 1/100 kits better.

I agree that we should get an MG Zaku Warrior. But taht would only mean Bandai will milk us with its variations.

Chiu_fan 2011-10-12 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3803542)
But taht would only mean Bandai will milk us with its variations.

Isn't that always the case?:heh: Look at the numerous UC Zakus and the original Gundam.

Anyway, just got my MG Destiny EBM. Though when I got the package, it came with a letter from the shop saying that the yellow Gundam marker was sold out. I was kinda disappointed there but at least they gave me a refund.

maknaedik 2011-10-12 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3803560)
Isn't that always the case?:heh: Look at the numerous UC Zakus and the original Gundam.

Anyway, just got my MG Destiny EBM. Though when I got the package, it came with a letter from the shop saying that the yellow Gundam marker was sold out. I was kinda disappointed there but at least they gave me a refund.

Yes, I know :P Just saying the obvious

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-12 02:45

So I started building the MG Strike Freedom and this is what I got so far:

I colored some of the vents and parts that will be exposed even with the armor on with a golden gundam marker.

firefox 2011-10-12 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3803542)
HG 1/100 are excellent? In terms of what? I find newer 00 NG 1/100 kits better.

I agree that we should get an MG Zaku Warrior. But taht would only mean Bandai will milk us with its variations.

To clarify, I was refering to only the 1/100 astraea, which has no grade slapped on it, but i find it stupid not to put HG on it as it is a better kit then a 1/144 HG.

Yes we can repaint the Zaku Warrior quite a lot, but that's what bandai likes making alot of models from the same sculpt. Mean lots of revenues for little investments.

As i am a Zaku Warrior addict it will bankrupt me for shure :heh:

maknaedik 2011-10-12 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 3803601)
To clarify, I was refering to only the 1/100 astraea, which has no grade slapped on it, but i find it stupid not to put HG on it as it is a better kit then a 1/144 HG.

Yes we can repaint the Zaku Warrior quite a lot, but that's what bandai likes making alot of models from the same sculpt. Mean lots of revenues for little investments.

As i am a Zaku Warrior addict it will bankrupt me for shure :heh:

I knew I misunderstand what you said. Thanks for the clarification.

I don't have the HG 1/144, but I love the amount of weapons that comes with it

Chiu_fan 2011-10-12 10:44

I've been working on my MG Destiny EBM for 4 hours straight now and damn I'm impressed with the build. Not yet finished though but it will probably finished by tomorrow.

To the experienced modelers out there, I have a question. What's the fastest and safest way to separate the 3 combined fingers of an MG? I've been sawing them off with a hobby knife and it takes me about 30mins each.

suiton629 2011-10-12 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3804029)
I've been working on my MG Destiny EBM for 4 hours straight now and damn I'm impressed with the build. Not yet finished though but it will probably finished by tomorrow.

To the experienced modelers out there, I have a question. What's the fastest and safest way to separate the 3 combined fingers of an MG? I've been sawing them off with a hobby knife and it takes me about 30mins each.

Don't separate the fingers. It's never a good idea to do it from what I understand. Just leave those separate fingers to the PG kits. =)

If you still want to separate the fingers, then take your time doing what you have been doing.

And you should really give the MG Destiny EBM a full paint job. ;)

Enjoy the MG kit.

Chiu_fan 2011-10-12 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3804045)
Don't separate the fingers. It's never a good idea to do it from what I understand. Just leave those separate fingers to the PG kits. =)

If you still want to separate the fingers, then take your time doing what you have been doing.

And you should really give the MG Destiny EBM a full paint job. ;)

Enjoy the MG kit.

I've been separating my MGs' fingers ever since I got my first one(MG Gundam Ver. 2.0) and I haven't had a problem in doing it except that it just takes a lot of time and needs to be handled with care.

pumpkins 2011-10-12 11:25

Quote:

hmm.. hobby saw? not very sure what it is called but its like a hobby knife with a jagged edge somewhat like a mini saw. if you bought your hobby knife from a hobby store they should stock it too. :)

Appel 2011-10-12 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3804061)
I've been separating my MGs' fingers ever since I got my first one(MG Gundam Ver. 2.0) and I haven't had a problem in doing it except that it just takes a lot of time and needs to be handled with care.

personally i prefer it when the 3 fingers arent seperated. that just adds more small pieces that can fall of and the articulation isnt exactly limited when they stay together^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3803595)
So I started building the MG Strike Freedom and this is what I got so far:

I colored some of the vents and parts that will be exposed even with the armor on with a golden gundam marker.

looking good! make sure to post more photos when you are done!

Butagami 2011-10-12 12:55

Quote:

I've seen these special 1/100 hands you can buy, which are fully articulated. Might be better than endlessly carving away :P

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-12 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3804135)
looking good! make sure to post more photos when you are done!

I will. I already slapped all the armor on and will probably gonna take some pictures tomorrow. Whatīs left to build are the backpack, the rifles and the Action Base.

ars89 2011-10-12 14:28

anyone have a size comparison of a SD against an HG or MG, thinking about picking up some, are they easier are harder to put together since they're so small?

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-10-12 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3804293)
anyone have a size comparison of a SD against an HG or MG, thinking about picking up some, are they easier are harder to put together since they're so small?

Even though I donīt own any SD kits and therefore canīt make a comparison, I will tell what I know about them. They have very few parts and are very easy to put toghether. But you need to paint them to actually make them look good.

Appel 2011-10-12 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3804293)

here are the MG F91 and SD F91 compared to a pack of smokes:
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m91/p/m91_01.jpg
http://dalong.net/review/sd/g21/p/g21_01.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3804303)
Even though I donīt own any SD kits and therefore canīt make a comparison, I will tell what I know about them. They have very few parts and are very easy to put toghether. But you need to paint them to actually make them look good.

cool^^ im curious to see how yours turned out!

also, has anyone pointed out yet that you can actually order a seperate set of green OO MG LEDs now? :O
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN973118
WAY cheaper than anywhere else!