AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2013-11-04 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4897004)
This is the key too. It's very well animated. For a tv series, it's very well done.

I'm sure it has some frames of horror

http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/a/a8/1188672296479.jpg

lol

Ah~ Even though I haven't seen the original Gundam, I have seen and aware of the crap animation such as this. You know, I think a big reason why I can't get into UC is because of the original/older ones having such bad animation. If they animated Gundam Origins, I might be inclined to watch that.

firefox 2013-11-05 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896497)
Rumor picture? Care to share?
Also, if we get a MG Akatsuki, then I suspect it won't be all chrome gold, unless Bandai makes it online exclusive and sells at like 9000 Yen..LOL

Would be a waist of good plastic as for akatsuki there is a terrific 1/100 hg kit available (which coinsidely still is liying in my closset after 4 years for me to finaly build it, lol).

Probaly gonna be as yellow as Shiki with no gold if it would happen.

Give me finaly a MG zaku warrior (or any of it's repaints)!!!!!

firefox 2013-11-05 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4897087)
Ah~ Even though I haven't seen the original Gundam, I have seen and aware of the crap animation such as this. You know, I think a big reason why I can't get into UC is because of the original/older ones having such bad animation. If they animated Gundam Origins, I might be inclined to watch that.

It's not the graffics that make a good series. The original gundam series is just not a good story by todays standards, nor is zeta. The side shows like stardust and 8th are the real gems of UC.

suiton629 2013-11-05 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4897356)
It's not the graffics that make a good series. The original gundam series is just not a good story by todays standards, nor is zeta. The side shows like stardust and 8th are the real gems of UC.

Realize this. But it is a huge con and makes it less motivating especially with me starting Gundam with Gundam Wing and G Gundam, and then really getting into it more with Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00, Gundam Age, and now casually with Gundam Build Fighter.

hamazura 2013-11-05 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896497)
Rumor picture? Care to share?
Also, if we get a MG Akatsuki, then I suspect it won't be all chrome gold, unless Bandai makes it online exclusive and sells at like 9000 Yen..LOL

huh? IF? i think i already have MG akatsuki shiranui+oo....what(?) pack. i bought it like....6 years ago? i forgot.

duotiga 2013-11-05 09:06

that is not MG.....is 1/100 scale Akatsuki Full set (shiranui + oowashi pack)

Shinobi2013 2013-11-05 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4897640)
Realize this. But it is a huge con and makes it less motivating especially with me starting Gundam with Gundam Wing and G Gundam, and then really getting into it more with Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00, Gundam Age, and now casually with Gundam Build Fighter.

Dude, even if you grew up on Wing or any AU Gundam, that won't stop you to appreciate the older or UC Gundam series, I also grew up with Wing, G and X but that won't stop me to enjoy or appreciate more on UC Gundam series and make me realize how total ripoff is the Wing, X and more especially the Seed or Seed Destiny.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-05 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4897662)
that is not MG.....is 1/100 scale Akatsuki Full set (shiranui + oowashi pack)

It sort of a semi-MG since the design is based from MG Strike and it was also designed to be compatible with the MG Strike packs(Aile, IWSP, Sword, Launcher, and even the new Ootori)

suiton629 2013-11-05 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4897717)
Dude, even if you grew up on Wing or any AU Gundam, that won't stop you to appreciate the older or UC Gundam series, I also grew up with Wing, G and X but that won't stop me to enjoy or appreciate more on UC Gundam series and make me realize how total ripoff is the Wing, X and more especially the Seed or Seed Destiny.

I guess you have some points there. But I just can't really enjoy much of UC. I mean I did see 08th MS Team and Miller's Report and thought it was pretty cool. If they ever 2.0 the Ground and EZ-8 MGs, I might get them since they're unique.

Regardless you can't deny that Wing, 00, Seed, Destiny, Age, X, G... They have an amazing cast of Gundams and the stories are memorable, and they have all those epic moments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4897723)
It sort of a semi-MG since the design is based from MG Strike and it was also designed to be compatible with the MG Strike packs(Aile, IWSP, Sword, Launcher, and even the new Ootori)

Well, "...semi-MG..." doesn't mean it's MG at all.
It's like saying that you semi-bought a hamburger. Do you own the rights to eat the hamburger? Nope.

Appel 2013-11-05 10:58

Quote:

This is the key too. It's very well animated. For a tv series, it's very well done.

http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/a/a8/1188672296479.jpg

lol

I want that as a model. It's the true SD Gundam! XD

suiton629 2013-11-05 11:04

I wouldn't want that.
If that was displayed in stores in Japan, it would make little kids cry diarrhea because that's what it looked like.

Oh and uh. Gundam Origins.. Is that like an updated retelling of the original series?

Providenceangle 2013-11-05 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4897757)
I wouldn't want that.
If that was displayed in stores in Japan, it would make little kids cry diarrhea because that's what it looked like.

Oh and uh. Gundam Origins.. Is that like an updated retelling of the original series?

Your opinion is exactly that. Yours. I don't think you know much about the "Japanese" market. They sell more strange and quirky items, then you can possibly understand.

suiton629 2013-11-05 12:02

True.
Japan is the land of those octopus and squid fetishes..LOL And they have that squid and snake flavored ice cream, etc.

Meh. Regardless, I think selling the derp-derp Gundam in any scale would be a marketing and PR disaster. Maybe they could sell it as a gag-online exclusive at a convention.

Providenceangle 2013-11-05 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4897809)
True.
Japan is the land of those octopus and squid fetishes..LOL And they have that squid and snake flavored ice cream, etc.

Meh. Regardless, I think selling the derp-derp Gundam in any scale would be a marketing and PR disaster. Maybe they could sell it as a gag-online exclusive at a convention.

No.. Not just weird sexual fetish things. EVERYTHING! Umbrellas for your high heels... Lots of weird stuff.

As for gundam. The market is based on the Japanese consumer. Not you. What you think is retarded, could be the most exciting, amazing, gotta have thing. Everyone has a different opinion, it's what makes the world go around.

suiton629 2013-11-05 12:46

Anyway...

About the MG X Gundam. Do we know if it will have parts for the X Divider?

firefox 2013-11-05 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4897843)
Anyway...

About the MG X Gundam. Do we know if it will have parts for the X Divider?

No, otherwise bandai can't sell divider seperately or as an exclusive.

Personally i like divider more then normal X, wish we had gotten a RD of that one.

suiton629 2013-11-05 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4897893)
No, otherwise bandai can't sell divider seperately or as an exclusive.

Personally i like divider more then normal X, wish we had gotten a RD of that one.

True.
But remember the Exia Ignition Mode? That had conversion parts included for the Repair 1. So it's not like Bandai never did it before.

But either way, I hope we do end up with MG X Divider and MG Double X.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-05 14:25

The announcement is already final isn't it? Only normal X will release, the date, the price, it's already announced, no words yet for X Divider.

The Exia is a different story since both the normal Exia and the Ignition mode was announced simultaneously and both of them released in the same month.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-05 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4897356)

No way. Stardust and 8th MS team are just short melodramas.
Crappy in comparison to the overreaching plot lines found throughout 0079 and Zeta.
Zeta is still considered the pinnacle of gundam story telling.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-05 14:54

Quote:

lol

Mid action stills are always horrible even in the newest of animation. Seed, 00 and Age were filled with horrible stills of disproportioned bodies and limbs that dont make sense.
I've noticed some bad Build strike stills too. But Fenice moved so little in its appearance that the animators took the opportunity to fill in all its detail.