AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The General Character Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85593)

CrowKenobi 2009-08-26 06:14

The General Character Discussion of Haruhi Suzumiya

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss things related to all the Suzumiya Haruhi series characters who are not fortunate enough to have a thread of their own. Go ahead and talk about how the Computer Club President gets taken advantage of, Imouto-san's antics, or how Ryoko Asakura just freaks people out. :heh:

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Suzumiya Haruhi fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.
  • Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
    • Adding a Spoiler tag:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
    • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.
    • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-08-26 06:36

So... any Kunikida fans here? :heh:

Triple_R 2009-08-26 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2605575)
So... any Kunikida fans here? :heh:

Kunikida is probably the nicest guy in school. Him and Taniguchi make a nice comedic relief duo.

OkamiNoKaze 2009-08-26 09:58

This will easily become the Tsuruya page, more then anything probably, or Ryoko

Heatth 2009-08-26 10:20

This image prooves Kunikida has less background then most random classmates:

And that one proves he, and Taniguchi have less social life then most

For the first image, both Taniguchi and Kunikida are basicly Haruhi and Kyon's old mate. Taniguchi at last knows something interesting. Kunikida not :p
Spoiler for novel 6 onward(real spoiler):

For the second image, most have at last 2 or 3 friend. Two of then are even dating and four have unrequisited crushs. T&K, however, only have 2 friends each, and one of then is usualy busy doing weard things to hand up with then.

I aways find this two images mazing, btw, for the care of creating such unimportant characters. Also, the fact the do appear everyshot of Kyon's classroom makes everything better.

Jonbob0008 2009-08-30 14:34

Hmm, those character sheets could come in handy for any fanfic writer who wants to have an OC on the go. Seriously, I could imagine myself using that for a fan-work (unrelated to my current fan project). That's really cool. And I finally can see what Sakanaka looks like.

GDB 2009-08-30 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze (Post 2605836)
This will easily become the Tsuruya page, more then anything probably, or Ryoko

Tsuruya has a thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85612

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-08-30 14:51

That post was made before Tsuruya got her own thread. :heh:

Heatth 2009-08-30 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 (Post 2614454)
Hmm, those character sheets could come in handy for any fanfic writer who wants to have an OC on the go. Seriously, I could imagine myself using that for a fan-work (unrelated to my current fan project). That's really cool. And I finally can see what Sakanaka looks like.

True. As I said, most characters there have more background then even Taniguchi and Kunikida (poor guys).

Btw, there is a genderbend version of both images.

GDB 2009-08-30 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2614479)
That post was made before Tsuruya got her own thread. :heh:

Hmm, so it was. I hadn't noticed this thread before, and with so few posts I assumed it was just created today. My bad.

Heatth 2009-08-30 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 2614520)
Hmm, so it was. I hadn't noticed this thread before, and with so few posts I assumed it was just created today. My bad.

That is why is good see the date of the posts. :heh: No one post here cause no one love the background characters. :p

But, hey, Mori and Arakawa are general characters too. I guess it is here we can discus the crack theorys about then. Like, the Sonou Mori is an ESPer theory.

Ithekro 2009-08-30 15:59

Mori is not to be messed with, whatever she is.

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-08-30 16:10

... I don't really trust that Kimidori character... for someone who had exactly one scene, it seems she was given quite a bit of exposure by KyoAni... more than Mori, who at least had her appearance spread across two episodes... any thoughts on this?

Heatth 2009-08-30 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2614620)
... I don't really trust that Kimidori character... for someone who had exactly one scene, it seems she was given quite a bit of exposure by KyoAni... more than Mori, who at least had her appearance spread across two episodes... any thoughts on this?

She is cute. So Kyoani/Kadokawa used it to sell more merchandise.

Or, for a more interesting theory, Tanigawa told then she is going to have a important part in the plot and they (Kyoani) are foreshadowing it.

Triple_R 2009-08-30 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane (Post 2614620)

I suspect that she's another alien-human interface, like Nagato and Asakura. I think that she'll have a key role to play in the novel/anime at some point.

Volcanic 2009-08-30 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 2614652)
I suspect that she's another alien-human interface, like Nagato and Asakura.

Spoiler for Novel 9:

Tyabann 2009-08-30 16:28

Vol. 8, actually.

Yeah, she reappears in Vols. 8 and 9.

Heatth 2009-08-30 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple_R (Post 2614652)
I suspect that she's another alien-human interface, like Nagato and Asakura. I think that she'll have a key role to play in the novel/anime at some point.

Hm? Wasn't it something given already? I never tought in the possiblility of her not being one after the Mystérique Sign.

Post Postum:
Even the lyrics of her Image Song seen to have a theme more fitting for an artificial interface: empty life and undesired emotions. Also the lines:

Quote:

"違う次元では
女の子としていられたのかもね"

or

"In a different dimension,
I might have been able to live as a girl"

(from AnimeLyrics.com)

It is strange the word girl(onna no ko) here, unless she is not one, thus an alien interface.
This of course, if the Anime Lyrics can be trusted. (at last the quoted lines are not far from what I can pick with my ears and from my Rikaichan translation)

Triple_R 2009-08-30 17:04

...And this is where I remind people that I haven't read all the novels yet. :heh:

Not in their entirety at least.

Spoiler for Novel 8 and/or 9:

Kogetsu Shirogane 2009-08-30 17:05

... Spoiler tags, people. :p