AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Nerroth 2009-04-05 13:39

It's not so much a small version, more a small-yet-one-I-could-afford take.

(A local store has an action figure for it, which also comes with the required armour pads for the Musha, but it's still a bit pricey - I can only really stick with HG kits and the odd equivalently-priced figure for the time being.)

And if I ever felt like doing a conversion, it would be easier to chop and change HG kits should I try to fit a GN (or GN-Tau) drive to a SM - I would not want to ruin an action figure.

Amber.Dawn 2009-04-05 23:00

The thread...is it dead....?

vektar 2009-04-05 23:03

now that 00 is over theres nothing to talk about till the next gundam show comes out with more models

Amber.Dawn 2009-04-05 23:12

Good point.

Subarunyon 2009-04-05 23:25

People will keep buying models though, be it during the show run or after, including for models not from the current running show. I'm still looking forward to that Exia MG release... one day, one day =b

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2009-04-06 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2323124)
now that 00 is over theres nothing to talk about till the next gundam show comes out with more models

Not likely. There would be non-stop new Gundam models every month from now for another 2 years, even if there isn't any more TV shows. That's how long it takes for all the master grades to come out, plus a PG Exia if they feel they are up to it.

Kelrys 2009-04-06 01:45

Yea, they still release models from UC and the SEED line.

MakubeX2 2009-04-06 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2323124)
now that 00 is over theres nothing to talk about till the next gundam show comes out with more models

We can always talk about the much neglected SD Three Kingdoms line of kits which had kept Bandai busy pumping out kits every month for the past 2 years now.

And the crazy thing is this SD line does not have much promotion apart for a seralise monthly-released comics. So I must say, in a way, it's a bigger thing than OO.

gundam rider 2009-04-06 04:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2323407)
We can always talk about the much neglected SD Three Kingdoms line of kits which had kept Bandai busy pumping out kits every month for the past 2 years now.

And the crazy thing is this SD line does not have much promotion apart for a seralise monthly-released comics. So I must say, in a way, it's a bigger thing than OO.

unless they adapted the SD Gundam mangas into a full fledged TV series:heh:,

*cough* SD Gundam Force...*cough*.....:uhoh:

MakubeX2 2009-04-06 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam rider (Post 2323560)
*cough* SD Gundam Force...*cough*.....:uhoh:

The BB Sangokuden Comic does have it's share of childish antics (the target audience are elementary school kids afterall), but it does includes major events from the original Chinese Classic and yes, you have characters getting killed off.

Most notablely, Cao Cao Gundam was introduced as a Hero, but now he and his camp have since become villians. (It's expected when you have Sazabi, Jaged Doga, Virsago, Ashtaron and all sort of villanous mech in there)

All in all, it's very much alright as an entry level version of ROTK for kids since the SD MS are very much in character according to their Chinese historical counterparts, unlike say Ikkitousen or Koi Hime. Do read it if you have the chance.

timesyndicate 2009-04-06 09:26

Celestial Beast (Gundam) China Ver.
Spoiler for Show Time :D:

gundam rider 2009-04-06 09:44

i think i heard about an SD Gundam manga with a weird concept,

well, according to that random blog, the concept is about SD sentinent Mobile Suits who needs to preform "fusion" (dragonball style:heh:!?) with their human partners in order to transform into their Non-SD & full scale life-sized versions.....

seriously, an SD 10 year old kid-sized MS becomes a Non-SD 18m tall MS when "fused" with its human "host" !?:twitch: WTH!!?:heh:

reminds me of Ultraman for some reason....., well atleast it does mention the concept of "Bro-fist Fusion".....:heh:

hmmm..., talk about silly fanfictions......

Calvin329 2009-04-06 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by timesyndicate (Post 2323927)
Celestial Beast (Gundam) China Ver.

seen those, old post.

Nerroth 2009-04-06 16:08

Got my Garazzo assembled:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/Garazzo1.jpg

Spoiler for With the beam claws on:




It's not a bad kit, and looks well alongside the Gadessa...


...but to be honest, part of me wishes I had waited to see if they would have released a Hilling variant - I like the colour scheme of her Garazzo a lot more than this one's.

vektar 2009-04-06 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2324606)
Got my Garazzo assembled:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...saGarazzo2.jpg It's not a bad kit, and looks well alongside the Gadessa...but to be honest, part of me wishes I had waited to see if they would have released a Hilling variant - I like the colour scheme of her Garazzo a lot more than this one's.

you can always attempt to paint it that color not to hard to do.

and if not to much truble could post a pic of the figma stand alone ive never owned one or seen one without a toy or model on it before, just a bit curios to see how the models attach to it.

justavisitor 2009-04-06 16:39

@timesyndicate
thanks for the pics of Celestial Beast(Gundam)

Now I think about it, maybe the gundams from CB take the reference of Celestial Beast?? :heh: Arios/Kyrios is the phoenix...Cherudim/Dynames is the green dragon XD

Nerroth 2009-04-06 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektar (Post 2324618)
you can always attempt to paint it that color not to hard to do.

I don't have much set up in terms of paints, and I'd rather see one pre-coloured.

But if they don't release one, it's no big loss, I guess.

Quote:

and if not to much truble could post a pic of the figma stand alone ive never owned one or seen one without a toy or model on it before, just a bit curios to see how the models attach to it.
Like this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...h/Garazzo3.jpg


Also, two objects you may have noted often in the series:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...scapePods1.jpg

cupcakes4chris 2009-04-06 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 2324646)
@timesyndicate
thanks for the pics of Celestial Beast(Gundam)

Now I think about it, maybe the gundams from CB take the reference of Celestial Beast?? :heh: Arios/Kyrios is the phoenix...Cherudim/Dynames is the green dragon XD

Virtue/Seravee can be the turtle/tortoise.

Amber.Dawn 2009-04-06 20:49

Then Exia is the tiger?

vektar 2009-04-06 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerroth (Post 2324659)
I don't have much set up in terms of paints, and I'd rather see one pre-coloured. But if they don't release one, it's no big loss, I guess.
Like this?
Also, two objects you may have noted often in the series:

Cool, yeah thats what i was curious about, is there a hole or something you can stick the little peg in to on the stand? or is it just free standing with the hope that it dont fall?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.