AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111149)

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-03-22 23:23

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

EDIT: Produced by Michael Bay

And yes this comic is telling the truth.......

Quoting Bay

Fans need to take a breath, and chill,” wrote Bay. “They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz1pub934lG

Sumeragi 2012-03-22 23:33

Heaven help us.

Kyuu 2012-03-22 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4067411)
Heaven help us.

Someone shoot Michael Bay for declaring the turtles as aliens, rather than mutants. If/When he does this, he actually goes against the title of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

He may try to get away with changing the turtles' evolution myth, but he ain't gonna get away with a title change to accommodate it.

Quote:

We are just building a richer world.
To that, I respond with disgust.

Khu 2012-03-22 23:59

Uh oh.
._.

Asuras 2012-03-23 00:06

I have lost all hope for humanity.

I'm voting for Gingrich. To the moon with me.

aohige 2012-03-23 00:08

Even with plenty of faults, Transformer was adapted pretty decently, so I'm not gonna entirely dismiss Michael Bay from direc- "TURTLES ARE ALIENS" - .... wait WHAT?

I wasn't even done wth my sentence and I have to already take it back.

What's next? "In a related news, Master Splinter has been replaced by Yoda."?

Funny comment from CNN.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Ryland

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. No wait, they are aliens from outer space now, not mutants.
Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. Wait a second, they aren't turtles anymore if they are aliens.
Teenage Ninja Aliens. Well, our definition of teenagers is based on the annual cycle of the earth rotating around the sun and if they are from outer space, that really shouldn't be relevant since the chance their development cycle matches a humans based on our solar cycles is extremely remote.
Ninja Aliens. Are they still Ninjas if they come from outer space? Do aliens study Ninjitsu? I don't think so.
Aliens. There we go, I've fixed the title so it is more accurate. Wait a sec, isn't that a 1986 film by James Cameron?
I got nothing.

Vexx 2012-03-23 00:49

Bay thinks a "richer world" is created by mounds and mounds of shit... unfortunately he mistook a farming manual for a movie director manual. :P

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-03-23 00:53

Are you suggesting that farmers can't make good movies? That's discrimination.

Quote:

What's next? "In a related news, Master Splinter has been replaced by Yoda."?

Funny comment from CNN.
Yeah it wouldn't fit with the title either....unless they're alien turtles from Omnicron 7 and got mutated by gamma radiation and then crash landed on Earth where they're raised by a giant rat that practices ninja......

That would cover the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but the question then becomes of the Giant Rat. Unless the Rat got mutated by the Gamma Rays too which would make it an alien rat. Then you have to figure out why they decided to learn Ninja and not Wing Chun.....my head hurts....:upset:

Vexx 2012-03-23 00:57

Sssh, just watch the explosions and the pretty girl boobs bounce... hmmm, I see where Bay is adding the "richer" part now, he has to add pretty girls ... I suppose the reporter will do.

Heh, farmers can make excellent films - mostly because they don't mistake farming manuals for movie director manuals :)

kenjiharima 2012-03-23 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 4067393)
Directed by Michael Bay

NO.....Way...... :twitch::twitch::twitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

You gotta be kidding me. I really hope he doesn't rape my childhood TMNT or be a bit crappy like the CGI version movie.

aohige 2012-03-23 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 4067509)
Sssh, just watch the explosions and the pretty girl boobs bounce... hmmm, I see where Bay is adding the "richer" part now, he has to add pretty girls ... I suppose the reporter will do.

Heh, farmers can make excellent films - mostly because they don't mistake farming manuals for movie director manuals :)

ALIEN TURTLES WITH BOOBS.

Yes, I'm genius, I know.

Hiroi Sekai 2012-03-23 03:34

Anyone remember the really shitty live-action Turtles TV series that HAD a fifth turtle that was a female? Put dat shit in, have Megan Fox play her, and add a million explosions with bad exposition so we sit there with our dumb faces watching the purdy coleeeeerz.

BOOM! Marketing 101. Oh yeah, let's add some talking robots. Racist robots. This time we'll make them Chinese. Wait, no no. Let's make them Mexicans. I don't even give a shit anymore.

Slayerx 2012-03-23 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 4067393)
Quoting Bay

[i]Fans need to take a breath, and chill,” wrote Bay. “They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.”

Man... I remember hearing lines like those... back when the FIRST transformers was announced. I recall them trying to ensure us that they had a team that was dedicated to transformers and cared about it. And Y'know what? Considering the work that Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman(the writers) have done as producers for the "Transformers: Prime" tv series, we know that statement was true; The writers really did care about Transformers.
But apparently, having caring writers on the team doesn't help much when you have a MORON for a director! :frustrated:
Anything good that those writers might come up with will likely just get tossed out for more explosions and sexy women... Y'know for kids!
How much you wanna bet that the whole "alien" origin will be used as an excuse to get the military involved?

SOGESNAKE 2012-03-23 04:01

Hmmmmmmm.... if it does well.... I predict..... 3-4 movies. The first 2 will be fine, but the 3rd and 4th one will be basically the first movie.

But looking at the pattern they seem to be taking with their movies... first Transformers... now this.... what's next? Samurai Pizza Cats? Street Sharks? Gargoyles? Johnny Quest? Dare I say... SWAT Katz?

Vexx 2012-03-23 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4067716)
Hmmmmmmm.... if it does well.... I predict..... 3-4 movies. The first 2 will be fine, but the 3rd and 4th one will be basically the first movie.

But looking at the pattern they seem to be taking with their movies... first Transformers... now this.... what's next? Samurai Pizza Cats? Street Sharks? Gargoyles? Johnny Quest? Dare I say... SWAT Katz?

How about Freakazoid! or Road Rovers? :p

If they hurry, Ed Asner is still around to do the cop role he voiced and was animated as in F!

Gumby and Pokey, with Megan Fox as, o never mind I'm gonna watch some anime :)

Mr Hat and Clogs 2012-03-23 06:37

After TMNT he'll move on to other childhood things to rape, like Rescue Rangers I'm sure he could add some explosions there. Or maybe Danger Mouse, he was James Bond as a mouse if I remember right.

Oh god, could you imagine the explosion bonanza he could have with Starcom.

Kyuu 2012-03-23 06:48

Now, who would he cast as April O'Neil? :uhoh:

Mr Hat and Clogs 2012-03-23 06:50

Natalie Portman, imo. That or Emma Watson if she's grown her hair back, April was a bit of a bushy brunet wasn't she?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2012-03-23 08:26

Quote:

I can see Gargoyles. Seriously, I can imagine it. But they would be fighting Robots created by Xanatos, so there would be explosions.

Gamer_2k4 2012-03-23 10:37

Quote:

Dare I say... SWAT Katz?

I would so friggin' watch that.