AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Phi Brain: God's Puzzle (all seasons) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104485)

Kunagisa 2011-05-27 17:18

Phi Brain: God's Puzzle (all seasons)

Annoucement (last December)

Title:
ファイ・ブレイン 神様のパズル
Phi Brain: Kami(sama) no Puzzle
Phi Brain: God's Puzzle

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/510...8947ffd49f.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The anime studio Sunrise is producing an original 25-episode anime series called Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle for a Fall 2011 premiere on the public television network NHK-Educational.

The school adventure story revolves around Kaito, a puzzle-loving freshman at the private high school named "Root Academy." He is selected as a candidate for "Phi Brain" for his extraordinary mental skills. One day, he and his childhood friend Nonoha tackle the "unsolvable puzzle" hidden in the underground ruins near the school. They are guided by the mobile device given to Kaito by the student council president.

The puzzle is the "philosopher's puzzle," a life-threatening creation of a mysterious intelligence group known as "POG." When he defeats the puzzle, he is designated as a "Solver." Together with Nonoha and other Solvers, Kaito battles POG at "philosopher's puzzles" all over the world.

Junichi Sato (Kaleido Star, Princess Tutu, Tamayura) is directing off scripts supervised by Mayori Sekijima (Saber Marionette J, Star Ocean EX, Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales). Hajime Yatate, the collective penname for the creative staff at Sunrise, is credited with the original story.

Source

Link
http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/phibrain/
http://www.phibrain.net/

There's a trailer up, but still no topic so ... the manga, which I have no idea how it relates to the anime (if there's any connection), is very good but a bit slow and still on case 1 (not even sure if there are more cases even given the title).

I love Kindaichi and Conan of the sorts so I hope this doesn't turn out to be a bust.

Suzuku 2011-05-27 17:41

Hm, I thought this had a thread. In any case, when I first saw this I thought it was a kid's show, but after reading about the contents of the manga, I'm looking forward to a pretty gritty mystery anime.

Also, I wonder what prompted Sunrise to start making so many anime this year? T&B, Gintama, Sacred Seven, this, and Kyoukai Senjou...I guess with no Gundam or Geass TV anime in the pipeline they decided to put their efforts towards new properties? Although I feel like since it's probably several of their studios producing these anime it has more to do with a management decision than having time on their hands.

Kagura89 2011-06-15 04:13

Cast has been announced:

Jun Fukuyama as Gammon Sakanoue
Shintaro Asanuma as Kaito Daimon
Akira Ishida as Sōji Jikukawa
Kaori Shimizu as Nonoha Itou
Keiji Fujiwara as Baron Kaidō
Kouki Miyata as Cubic G
Mamoru Miyano as Bishop
Satsuki Yukino as Anna Gram
Takahiro Sakurai as Luke Banjō Crossfield

Spoiler for Phi Brain characters:

Kakkou 2011-06-15 04:28

The potential for some good puzzles/mysteries has me interested but the fact Jun Fukuyama is playing the lead part of the cast is enough for me to definitely give it a try =3

Kagura89 2011-06-15 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 3653071)
The potential for some good puzzles/mysteries has me interested but the fact Jun Fukuyama is playing the lead is enough for me to definitely give it a try =3

Fukuyama character is the red-haired guy (Gamon) if i'm not mistaken but he also part of the main characters. The lead character (Kaito) is played by Shintaro Asanuma.

Shinn Kamiyra 2011-06-15 05:31

Hrm... well it's certainly been a while since I've seen a good puzzle-oriented anime, so this is going to be interesting to check out.

With Jun Fukuyama and Mamoru Miyano in the cast though, how can one not check it out?

Kakkou 2011-06-15 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagura89 (Post 3653081)
Fukuyama character is the red-haired guy (Gamon) if i'm not mistaken but he also part of the main characters. The lead character (Kaito) is played by Shintaro Asanuma.

Yeah, realised my mistake after watching the PV ^^;

Jeffry2009 2011-07-15 10:30

Oh great, another Sunrise anime show. Anyway:-

I need to get my taste on this then after the dissapointing Gundam 00.... Wait, wasn't that guy who brought us Sailor moon Kaleido star (Junichi Sato)?

Suzuku 2011-07-15 10:42

This has Junichi Sato directing so I wouldn't just lump it as any old Sunrise anime. Although, implying Sunrise making originals is bad.

Hilo Hello 2011-07-17 15:21

..."POG", huh?

I'm tempted to make a joke about slammers....

Patriot's Blade 2011-07-21 01:00

why do i keep misreading the title as "pea brain"? :heh:

MisaoFan 2011-07-21 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 3698277)
why do i keep misreading the title as "pea brain"? :heh:

The romanized title actually says Phi Brain.

Arabesque 2011-07-21 12:25

walked in to say ''The series sounds interesting, I'll be sure to give it a look'' saw stuopidget banned/disabled -> shut down

:eyespin:

Dist 2011-07-22 23:49

Read the thread and thought it was interesting.. watched the trailer and.. yeah I probably won't be watching this. I will of course, give it a chance, but seeing as how awful the character designs look like... yeah.

AleX_MytH 2011-07-23 09:45

This anime reminds me morning cartoons for children. Well, let's hope that I misjudged this show.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-07-23 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleX_MytH (Post 3700901)
This anime reminds me morning cartoons for children. Well, let's hope that I misjudged this show.

It's probably meant to be for all ages

Suzuku 2011-07-24 20:10

New PV:

Kouji 2011-07-30 02:40

Nice to see Sunrise do something that's not related to Scifi or mech. Though, not saying that T&B is bad.

Kunagisa 2011-08-20 12:21

May'n confirmed singing the OP, so if you don't like puzzles (what's wrong with you), tune in for the song?

Suzuku 2011-08-20 12:34

This is seriously not getting enough attention. The second PV looks awesome and with Sato Junichi directing I have a lot of confidence that the story will be delivered well.