AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Zero no Tsukaima (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Zero no Tsukaima (third season), generic discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59632)

xris 2007-12-18 17:42

Zero no Tsukaima (third season), generic discussion thread

This thread is to discuss your expectations for the new Zero no Tsukaima (third season) and to speculate as to what story elements will be used.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toua (Post 1303248)
Zero no Tsukaima season 3 has been confirmed, according to MF Bunko J via MOON PHASE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 1303564)
Here's the source of the news about Zero no Tsukaima third anime season:
http://newsplus.jp/~gedo/bbs/moepic/...273570/101.jpg

An episode discussion thread (with poll) will be created when the episode actually airs so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the announced new season.

While the third season has not yet been licensed it most likely will still be produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Zero no Tsukaima downloads or torrents.
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

mist2123 2007-12-18 17:44

Whats the point of the third season when they skipped all the good part of the novel.

serenade_beta 2007-12-18 17:46

I'm not sure what to expect...

Maybe the most recent volumes?...

YagamiLighto 2007-12-18 20:09

Zero no Tsukaima S3 announced

Quote:

A flyer inserted into newly published books from MF Busho J, the light novel imprint owned by the production company Media Factory, has announced that a third television anime series has been greenlit for the Zero no Tsukaima fantasy comedy franchise. The announcement was made in conjunction with the 13th volume of the light novels, which are written by Noboru Yamaguchi and illustrated by Eiji Usatsuka. The 13th volume, Seikoku no World Door, will be released on December 20.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ries-announced

Radiosity 2007-12-18 20:26

Yeah. More fail from JC, just what we need, heh. Oh well, at least if they're screwing this up that means they're not screwing something else up, which can only be a good thing :)

gugumomu 2007-12-18 20:29

i'll watch for sure, because when series 3 will air only novel 1 will be released till then. so do i have another chance of finding out what happens with Tiffania?
i like fanservice and slapstick comedy, i can even put up with Loises exagerated pain-inflicting arsenal , but i want to see some real development this time in the story and in their relation.
hoppefully :sad:

Midonin 2007-12-18 20:33

Even with the second season's flaws, I'm up for another season still. Here's hoping.

minhtam1638 2007-12-19 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mist2123 (Post 1303945)
Whats the point of the third season when they skipped all the good part of the novel.

Allow me to repost possible solutions to the novel 8 problem that I've posted in the Episode 12 thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhtam2448 (Post 1240880)
After reading the various reviews about how a whole novel is skipped, let me say this:

I agree. It's bad. It's catastrophically bad. It's Armageddon bad. That doesn't mean that the third season, if there is one, is totally ruined. There are a few ways for ZnT anime to revive as a whole.

1. The easiest solution. That whole reunion thing? It was all just a dream. If not both, then Saito. Start off the series from there, and continue.

2. A harder solution - go through every single detail missed, including the date with the necklace present, have a different war, and go through everything again.

3. Sell licensing rights to another (and hopefully better) production studio. We saw this happen with Kanon 2002 and Kanon 2006, and 2002 was not bad to begin with. This way, ZnT can completely pick up the pieces, and go through the road that gave Kanon the glory of being named Best Anime of 2006. Yes, we lose a lot of elements, most notably the seiyuus that make ZnT oh so comparable to Shakugan no Shana, which seems to be winning the war at this point despite a bunch of episode problems, but J.C. Staff should have realized that with various staffing changes beyond their control, ZnT was doomed to fail. Okay, we know J.C. Staff still has this one, so option 3 is out.

Spoiler for The ridiculous option:

Westlo 2007-12-19 00:45

J.C Staff have pretty much lost any respect I had for them over the last few years but here's how they can regain some of it (not that it matters to them anyway lolol)

Step 1.

Fire the talentless hack director of the 2nd season (I thought he was a complete hack before I even knew of the butchering of the light novels)

Step 2.

Start the 3rd season from the beginning of the 12th episode, no rushing and they can expand on several scenes

Step 3.

Stick closer to the source material. (J.C Staff as a whole can't seem to do that except for the notimana block shows they have done).

relentlessflame 2007-12-19 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 1304383)
(not that it matters to them anyway lolol)

Well, that's the thing. The more likely solution to this "problem" is to ignore it. For all the Internet's bitter complaining about the second season (not to mention about the first season before it), there wasn't a noticeable dip in DVD sales at all. The people who bought the first season still bought the second, so they'll probably still buy the third, faithful to the novels or not. In a tough, shrinking market, the safest bet is to stick with what works. (This is why we're seeing so many sequels announced to begin with.)

minhtam1638 2007-12-19 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 1304407)
Well, that's the thing. The more likely solution to this "problem" is to ignore it. For all the Internet's bitter complaining about the second season (not to mention about the first season before it), there wasn't a noticeable dip in DVD sales at all. The people who bought the first season still bought the second, so they'll probably still buy the third, faithful to the novels or not. In a tough, shrinking market, the safest bet is to stick with what works. (This is why we're seeing so many sequels announced to begin with.)

But ignoring it will also anger/irritate the fans a little bit. I think it's best that they go with my proposed solution #1, in which the ending sequence for season 2 was just a dream Saito had. That's all.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2007-12-19 02:28

But must the suppose ending for season 2 still makes its way to season 3?There are no other better ways to start season 3?

Nightengale 2007-12-19 02:34

Well, this is mildly surprising.

Well, regardless of how bad it becomes, I'll stil watch it nonetheless anyway. :P

Personally, considering the tone and style favored by JC Staff on their ZnT adaption, chances are they'll just follow ahead from S2's ending and just pad things up from there.

The dream thing is a decent idea, but I think a mild retcon is possible too, if S3's episode 1 is started from the Saito-battle's end, and shown how it actually went about in the novels, etc.

Claies 2007-12-19 02:37

*crosses fingers*

J.C. Staff is pretty erratic when it comes to quality, ranging from the awesome that is Honey & Clover to the fail that is Zero no Tsukaima 2. Here's hoping.

minhtam1638 2007-12-19 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya (Post 1304472)
But must the suppose ending for season 2 still makes its way to season 3?There are no other better ways to start season 3?

Since it is a Season 3, it must flow from a Season 2, and we all know how horrible that was. If we make that final ending an illusion, all our troubles will be solved.

justsomeguy 2007-12-19 12:56

The Zero getting wrecked at the end of s1 caused a minor uproar, but JC Staff had no problem getting it repaired by the time s2 began. The s2 finale is a bit more complicated to fix, but I hope that they do retcon it as some sort of hallucination. After all, there are precedents for dying characters to start seeing things.

But realistically, what are the chances that JC Staff will retcon their ending, instead of keeping it? And what the the chances that JC Staff will fire the hack director, and bring back the original team, or even better the Shana team?

Meloria 2007-12-19 13:07

Even though I hated the second season, I'll be checking out the third but I won't be expecting much at all. I also hope they fix things, otherwise I might just not bother with it (and I don't drop series often)

UPR 2007-12-19 16:26

I demand that the 3rd season be longer than 12-13 ep. As to not fall again.

HurricaneHige 2007-12-19 16:32

How about....they just pretend Season 2 never happened and redo that whole part again? (ya fat chance, but a man can dream, can't he?)

If they don't fire this dumbass ecchi director i'm going to somehow make sure he ends up six feet under before they start production

relentlessflame 2007-12-19 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHige (Post 1305185)
If they don't fire this dumbass ecchi director i'm going to somehow make sure he ends up six feet under before they start production

I love how everyone blames this one guy. :heh: It's not as if there wasn't an entire team of writers, producers, episode directors, storyboard artists, and corporate sponsors who all worked on, reviewed, and/or approved the show at every step along the way, from the planning stages to the final product. Firing the director would be more of a symbolic gesture than anything else; the way the show turned out on the whole was a collective decision.

In either case, we'll have to wait and see who'll be on tap for season 3...