AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Utawarerumono (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Utawarerumono Episode 19 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34877)

Catgirls 2006-08-05 18:37

Utawarerumono Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Since ADV Films have licensed Utawarerumono AnimeSuki will no longer list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find Utawarerumono downloads.
  • Providing links to Utawarerumono downloads.
  • Discussing Utawarerumono fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Utawarerumono.
  • Asking for playback help for Utawarerumono episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you notice any of the above rules being broken.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Zaris 2006-08-05 23:11

The part 2 episode of the Karura arc. Juxtaposing the preview and my knowledge of the events that transpired from episode 18, the following is likely to happen:

Spoiler:

My opinion of this Karura arc is that it is in the intention of developing a sub-character's storyline. Since it offers nothing to the MAIN main characters, it is my belief that this leg could have been avoided altogether. But since everybody has already had their share of emphasis, I suppose this could be done. And no way can this be resolved in a single episode.

However, this is a fairly quick judgement, since we haven't seen the episode yet. For all we know, Hakuoro gets strange visions like he did towards the end of episode 4. And if those visions get elaborated, then I'd say this would be a lot more meaningful of a sub-plot.

Lost 2006-08-06 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaris
My opinion of this Karura arc is that it is in the intention of developing a sub-character's storyline. Since it offers nothing to the MAIN main characters, it is my belief that this leg could have been avoided altogether. But since everybody has already had their share of emphasis, I suppose this could be done. And no way can this be resolved in a single episode.

However, this is a fairly quick judgement, since we haven't seen the episode yet. For all we know, Hakuoro gets strange visions like he did towards the end of episode 4. And if those visions get elaborated, then I'd say this would be a lot more meaningful of a sub-plot.

I do not know about the "developing a sub-characters" line. To me it seems unlikely that they will spend two episodes on developing a "sub-character" when the others barely got an episode. Maybe I'm hoping that Karura-sama will get a bigger role, main-character-like role. Perhaps. Maybe its just to introduce yet another villain, or more allies for Hakuoro in his final fight. In anycase, UtaMono may just be following tradition and introducing YET another 2-episode arc so dangerously close to the 26th episode - trying as best to cramp in stuff from the game. Still, I hold to my hope that the next episode will follow into the final arc.

Hmm. Then again, the low low low possibility that somehow this was part of the final arc hasnt escape me. :heh: I try too hard.

sazan fan 2006-08-06 20:54

Umm... someone has already voted ep 19 as a perfect 10 when it hasn't aired yet?

Omniscient 2006-08-07 19:50

Episode 19 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Cyz 2006-08-07 19:56

Hm, that was a quick end. Oh well!

mikemil828 2006-08-08 00:19

Wow, looks like Karura can punch grunt heads right off their bodies....

Flame-X 2006-08-08 00:42

ah good ep...
i liked karura from the past and of course her untied hair ^^

SailorMoon4ever 2006-08-08 00:53

Great episode this anime seems to be getting better as time passes..

zgmf-x19a 2006-08-08 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
Havent seen it yet .. cant find the Torrent. and waiting for it to be translated

since it's licensed in the US maybe you shouldn't mention torrents :)

Skane 2006-08-08 06:10

I heard of free kills, but the antagonist in this episode really takes the cake. ;)

ctrl-z 2006-08-08 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skane
I heard of free kills, but the antagonist in this episode really takes the cake. ;)

Agreed!

With his mad dagger-tossing skills, I thought Suonkasu would have put up more of a fight... kinda anti-climactic. ;P Still a good ep tho.

Kyero Fox 2006-08-08 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
since it's licensed in the US maybe you shouldn't mention torrents :)

Opps my bad >.> sorry

Catgirls 2006-08-08 09:38

I know we all have gotten use to watching this show, so this is worth repeating.

Since ADV Films have licensed Utawarerumono AnimeSuki will no longer list torrents for it. In addition, the following posts are no longer allowed:
  • Asking where you can find Utawarerumono downloads.
  • Providing links to Utawarerumono downloads.
  • Discussing Utawarerumono fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Utawarerumono.
  • Asking for playback help for Utawarerumono episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed, but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
If a Mod notices anyone breaking these rules then expect to be banned from the forums. It's unlikely a warning will be given and do not expect to be notified, you will just be banned. Please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you notice any of the above rules being broken.

Renegade334 2006-08-08 10:28

Stop while you're ahead, Kyero - asking this will automatically bring up Catgirls' banned topics and I'm sure it's not worth a ban, short term or not. Let's just drop it. The usual channels should still be up, so 'nuff said. Otherwise, see if you can take a subscription to some Japanese tv channels...if it's possible in Florida.

BTW. Yeah, Suonkasu went down faster (2 eps only O_x) than I thought and had this arc not come with the welcome input about Karura's personality and past with some "fanservice" (soft, though) and comic relief, I'm sure it'd have been completely expendable and unworthy of our attention. Even bordering on the title of 'filler arc'....

The next ep part, however, held more my attention than anything else. Especially knowing that it's going to pave the way to the final arc. Things are really going to get interesting. Bring the heavies, Kuuya! :D

PGilis 2006-08-08 15:14

Just a thought i got... :p

What if Derihourai start to call Hakuoro "aniki" or "anija" (older brother) too? Will Oboro get jealous and pick a fight with him? ;)

Kyero Fox 2006-08-08 16:33

I dont think Derihourai is gona stay with them

aohige 2006-08-08 17:25

Spoiler for massive cuts from the game...:

Skane 2006-08-08 20:49

Some of those things you mentioned? No way ho-say, unless she wants Eruruu to poison her sake or something. Like it or not, the anime is focusing more on Hakuoro's reliability in leadership, rather than his pimp powers.

If they attempt to follow every single plot thread, it ain't gonna work out well. Far better to just focus on a few choice threads and do it well.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-08-08 20:50

what? Kakura actually....

Spoiler:

Kakura: I love you Hakuoro!

*swats him with the sword*

..Now more then EVAAARR!!

:D