AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anime like Naruto, Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60215)

malvado 2008-01-01 20:07

Anime like Naruto, Bleach

Sup guys im searchin for fihting animes. Ive already watched: Naruto, Black cat, FMA, Mai Hime, Bleach, Ninja scroll, Kenichi, Berserk, hellsing, trigun, DBZ(GT) and im now downloadin Death Note and Get Backers. Im searchin for anime with a good storyline and if possible a little supernatural. Can someone please come up with some suggestions?

CeDeR 2008-01-01 20:35

One Piece, Kekkaichi...

tbl 2008-01-01 22:48

Busou Renkin is quite like Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin is a lot like Vash, it's set in Meiji Era Japan. Whilst not supernatural, the sword fighting is close.
Code Geass - Arguably the best anime of 2007.

Kikaifan 2008-01-01 23:10

D. Gray Man seems to be a popular shounen show. I've, uh, never watched it though...

Darker than Black has excellent fight scenes and a supernatural plotline but it's not really as 'shounen-flavored'.

gummi 2008-01-02 00:10

I watched the first ep of D.Grayman and to me it just to seemed to be a rip off of Bleach. People fighting these soul/soulless creature mods (things in between alive/dead) meh.. whatever. I may be wrong but it does seem popular as above poster said but for me it was a little boring and too much a copy in my mind.

That rant aside (yes I know I only watched one ep so ignore the above writing).

I recommend Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann or however you spell it. Ive watched the first few eps and it doesn't seem like its going to be a typical shounen Dbz, Naruto, Bleach *bad guys get strong, you get stronger beat them, then you meet another strong guy who's way above you but somehow you get stronger and end up beating him.. etc ... etc... although that seems to be what you are looking for..
Other recommendations although I'm sure you've seen them and may already have mentioned that fact One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo.

Just ignore this whole post

mcruz1014 2008-01-02 00:39

Fate/Stay Night has a lot of fighting, supernatural themes, and good plot and character development. I highly recommend it.

tripperazn 2008-01-02 00:46

I second Code Geass, 7th recommendation for CG of the day. Seriously the best action oriented series of 2007.

tbl 2008-01-02 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danky (Post 1323542)
I watched the first ep of D.Grayman and to me it just to seemed to be a rip off of Bleach. People fighting these soul/soulless creature mods (things in between alive/dead) meh.. whatever. I may be wrong but it does seem popular as above poster said but for me it was a little boring and too much a copy in my mind.

It's similar in a way, but still original enough. It's good and well worth watching.