AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   (L) Unbalance X Unbalance (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45484)

Budweineken 2007-04-09 09:39

Unbalance X Unbalance

Mainly copying a post I've done in another forum, this is an awesome manhwa and was surprised to see no discussion of it here, at least the search function says there isn't. Want to see the opinions you guys of on the series.

Anyways, I just started reading this manhwa a couple of weeks, and read all 4 volumes released at the time in one sitting. I really recommend you guys to get this as fast as you can as I'm sure many of you will like it. Lot's of good drama, most are more mature than what's usually seen in this type of genre. Some cool characters, hot females, and lots of ecchi for you people that like that sort of thing. But the main part is that the story is really good in my opinion, so give it a try. There's even a bit of fighting in the 4th volume.

Also, I haven't read many korean school life series, so it's nice to see the cultural differences, the values and how strict some of the teachers and parents can be and still be acceptable by society, given that's fairly true in real life too. Still interesting...

Chapter 35 was recently released, and it was a good one. Series is being released by KMTS.

Quote:

A young man finds and returns a lost wallet and cell phone to a beautiful young lady, thus begins the destined relationship between two strangers. Sound typical? Well then, how about making the young lady the young man’s future homeroom teacher, and give them both a twisted sense of right and wrong. And just for kicks, let’s have the young man help himself to a self proclaimed reward from the lost wallet before returning it… but of course, this scenario wouldn’t be complete unless the young lady was very unforgiving when it came to teaching one of her students a lesson on morals.
-Mangaupdates
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9...lashiv1.th.jpg http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3190/019gx7.th.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3862/029un7.th.jpg http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9523/035bf2.th.jpg

Mentar 2007-04-09 09:46

35 is out??? *jumps into the channel to get*

UxU is probably the _best_ drama manga I've read in the last years. Absolutely amazing how it manages to surprise and increase the tension time and time again.

Budweineken 2007-04-09 09:53

I have to agree, most of the things that have happened so far I didn't expect. I was expecting a light-hearted manga with a bit of "taboo" romance, amd lots of comedy situations. But the series gets more dramatic by the volume, which was a pleasant surprise.

Nightengale 2007-04-09 10:31

UxU is indeed one of the finer romance-drama-mangas I've seen in a while. It incorporates so many J/K/C do-ra-ma elements it's not even funny. In fact, half-way through, it felt as if every chapter has a dreadful cliffhanger every single time.

And Chapter 35 was good. I've always wondered whether or not the main guy actually had the true skills to back his mouth, since I don't recall we ever being shown his full fighting prowess at a full blast.

Hydex 2007-04-09 12:18

Good manwha, though there's a cliffhanger at each chapter's end...

2H-Dragon 2007-04-09 14:02

Yeah chapter 35 really delivered made me like the series again(ch.34 helped a lot 2 xD ).
Spoiler:
My only gripe with this manga is that I don't like that teacher. I hope Jin-ho goes for the class prez. Since this manga is very surprising in lotsa ways. It might just happen, though this is just my wish full thinking.

Mentar 2007-04-09 15:37

Nah. For me, the class rep (Ji-Soo) is the true heroine here ;)

She'll hopefully end up with Jin-Ho's best friend, Young-Gi.

Hydex 2007-04-09 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon (Post 896204)
Yeah chapter 35 really delivered made me like the series again(ch.34 helped a lot 2 xD ).
Spoiler:
My only gripe with this manga is that I don't like that teacher. I hope Jin-ho goes for the class prez. Since this manga is very surprising in lotsa ways. It might just happen, though this is just my wish full thinking.

class prez is too much of a kind girl for me to appreciate her :eyebrow:

Mykas 2007-04-11 08:58

This is a good series with a lot of potential but it doesn't feel like it can last for many more volumes, introducing a new character is a midway tactic to revive a dying storyline. It feels like everything gets resolved quickly or at least adressed I mean the confession is already old news. Ami motive revealed. Bully's confronted. On the positive side the art is really fantastic and while the story starts off a little.... disjointed (as in things skip from one event to the next with almost no segue) it has steadily improved to the point where it is really fluid and fun to watch unfold. and if you have a worry with how something is going to turn out no problem you will almost certainly know the answer in just a chapter or two after the problem so no anti...........................................ci. .........................................pa....... .........................tion :)

ellifeedn 2007-12-08 21:27

Through random searching I stumbled onto this series. I haven't read a manhwa before but (despite the different cultures and whatnot) this one proved to be a very good read. I read up to ch47 where things are starting to get interesting.

Renegade334 2007-12-10 18:05

And I'm afraid we won't see ch48 before some time, as it looks like most staff members working on UxU are busy elsewhere...most probably finals and the like. Not that I can blame them for that...as I'm pitted against the same predicament.

As a side note, UxU Vol.8 should be up for sale this month...hopefully we'll get to know what happened after the umpteenth cliffhanger (and that one was quite humongous, to tell the truth) that served as Vol.7's conclusion.
Spoiler:
Amusingly enough,
Spoiler:

Supah Em 2008-02-14 19:28

hmm... the release for this manga is quite slow...

EDIT: and yes, this is thread RESURRECTION!

ellifeedn 2008-02-14 21:44

I wonder what will happen when Caroline leaves to go back home. It will be some time until that's translated I suppose.

@supahem: I thought it was resurrection when a thread hasn't been replied to for six months.

Supah Em 2008-02-15 01:26

^ more like thread necromancy.

9 months = 13 replies

its like 1 reply per 4 chapters.

Mykas 2008-02-15 06:32

far as i can tell they are translating volume 7 and 8 is the latest volume out in korea so maybe they just aren't in a hurry to get to the end of the volume and make us wait even longer before volume 9 starts coming out. Then again maybe they lost staff for this manga who knows, they are faster than the company doing the print copies though who are slower than mollassas in winter.

Westlo 2008-02-15 18:35

Today I just read all 52 chapters that have been translated so far and I really enjoyed this, looking forward to more.

Supah Em 2008-02-16 19:23

we've discovered that the release rates for this manhwa(korean manga) is about 1 every 2 weeks, we've decided to pick this series up to make the release dates much more chapter.

dont expect a HQ+++ release because we're in it for the speed and we're trying to ante up the release rates from 1 every 2 weeks to about a chapter every 3-5 days.

- Crazy Scanlation Team

Cinocard 2008-02-16 22:21

Yeah, K-H manga has too many projects at once, so the releases are slow.
However there are not so many chapters out there anyway, think you guys will catch up very soon.

fuzzles 2008-02-17 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by supahem (Post 1403567)
we've discovered that the release rates for this manhwa(korean manga) is about 1 every 2 weeks, we've decided to pick this series up to make the release dates much more chapter.

dont expect a HQ+++ release because we're in it for the speed and we're trying to ante up the release rates from 1 every 2 weeks to about a chapter every 3-5 days.

- Crazy Scanlation Team

awesome, looking forward to find out what happens it starts getting good then i run out of scans always happens with every manga i read most of the time i never get to finish any of them and even if it is liscensed it tkaes like 2 years for them to release the volume the scans are up to and i'm mostl ikely gonna forget about the series by then

i could care less about the quality as long as it's legible i'm just grateful someone's doing it

Supah Em 2008-02-20 01:43

we just finished translating some chapters from 54 onwards and we're planning a release after chapter 53 gets released.